Should Tom and Ruth be giving talks to the WI and other groups?
2017-08-10 08:40:57 UTC
https://www.gransnet.com/forums/food/1239361-Butcher-V-Supermarket?utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Thurs%2010%20August%20-%20Gransnet%20Daily%20Newsletter&utm_content=Thurs%2010%20August%20-%20Gransnet%20Daily%20Newsletter+CID_5135eafe147322368f746be45161ce94&utm_source=newsletters&utm_term=Butcher%20vs%20supermarket
2017-08-10 09:14:07 UTC
Post by Vicky
https://www.gransnet.com/forums/food/1239361-Butcher-V-Supermarket?utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Thurs%2010%20August%20-%20Gransnet%20Daily%20Newsletter&utm_content=Thurs%2010%20August%20-%20Gransnet%20Daily%20Newsletter+CID_5135eafe147322368f746be45161ce94&utm_source=newsletters&utm_term=Butcher%20vs%20supermarket
If Tom actually told us why he was wonderful new idea was so wonderful I
might be interested. Instead he uses fancy terms for something which
sounds unappealing. It really sounds like a writer swallowed an idea
but could not be bothered to do any research.

Perhaps Morris the butcher (or is is maurice?) should be talking to the
WI - which used to appear regularly, no longer gets mentioned and
supposedly the village had a history society meeting recently - which I
have no knowledge of ever being set up.
tiny.cc/KRWpics
Penny
2017-08-10 10:18:18 UTC
On Thu, 10 Aug 2017 10:14:07 +0100, krw <***@whitnet.uk> scrawled in the
dust...
Post by krw
supposedly the village had a history society meeting recently - which I
have no knowledge of ever being set up.
Well Jenny wrote a book about village history ages ago with help from John
Tregoran but I'm sure Jim became a stalwart of the History Society much
more recently. I don't think listening to a meeting would make interesting
radio. Ours used to do occasional reports in the parish magazine but was
otherwise very low profile.
2017-08-10 10:37:03 UTC
dust...
Post by krw
supposedly the village had a history society meeting recently - which I
have no knowledge of ever being set up.
Well Jenny wrote a book about village history ages ago with help from John
Tregoran but I'm sure Jim became a stalwart of the History Society much
more recently. I don't think listening to a meeting would make interesting
radio. Ours used to do occasional reports in the parish magazine but was
otherwise very low profile.
And there was 'The Two 'J's' (Jays?)
2017-08-10 11:22:42 UTC
On Thu, 10 Aug 2017 10:37:03 GMT, Mike <***@ntlworld.com> scrawled
in the dust...
dust...
Post by krw
supposedly the village had a history society meeting recently - which I
have no knowledge of ever being set up.
Well Jenny wrote a book about village history ages ago with help from John
Tregoran but I'm sure Jim became a stalwart of the History Society much
more recently. I don't think listening to a meeting would make interesting
radio. Ours used to do occasional reports in the parish magazine but was
otherwise very low profile.
And there was 'The Two 'J's' (Jays?)
Wasn't that a craft shop run by Jenny and Jill?
2017-08-10 12:02:16 UTC
in the dust...
dust...
Post by krw
supposedly the village had a history society meeting recently - which I
have no knowledge of ever being set up.
Well Jenny wrote a book about village history ages ago with help from John
Tregoran but I'm sure Jim became a stalwart of the History Society much
more recently. I don't think listening to a meeting would make interesting
radio. Ours used to do occasional reports in the parish magazine but was
otherwise very low profile.
And there was 'The Two 'J's' (Jays?)
Wasn't that a craft shop run by Jenny and Jill?
I think the history side of things were laced with 'are they rumpy pumping'
or not? And I thought the shop was the next stage from that.
2017-08-10 14:09:13 UTC
in the dust...
dust...
Post by krw
supposedly the village had a history society meeting recently - which I
have no knowledge of ever being set up.
Well Jenny wrote a book about village history ages ago with help from John
Tregoran but I'm sure Jim became a stalwart of the History Society much
more recently. I don't think listening to a meeting would make interesting
radio. Ours used to do occasional reports in the parish magazine but was
otherwise very low profile.
And there was 'The Two 'J's' (Jays?)
Wasn't that a craft shop run by Jenny and Jill?
I think the history side of things were laced with 'are they rumpy pumping'
or not? And I thought the shop was the next stage from that.
So Jill and Jenny were considered the first gay couple in the village?
2017-08-10 18:01:20 UTC
Snipped
Wasn't that a craft shop run by Jenny and Jill?
I think the history side of things were laced with 'are they rumpy pumping'
or not? And I thought the shop was the next stage from that.
So Jill and Jenny were considered the first gay couple in the village?
YKWIM!
Yebut you wouldn't have missed it!
2017-08-10 16:24:12 UTC
in the dust...
dust...
Post by krw
supposedly the village had a history society meeting recently - which I
have no knowledge of ever being set up.
Well Jenny wrote a book about village history ages ago with help from John
Tregoran but I'm sure Jim became a stalwart of the History Society much
more recently. I don't think listening to a meeting would make interesting
radio. Ours used to do occasional reports in the parish magazine but was
otherwise very low profile.
And there was 'The Two 'J's' (Jays?)
Wasn't that a craft shop run by Jenny and Jill?
Why did the crsft shop close? It was before I was listening.

It was indeed.

2017-08-10 21:53:06 UTC
Why did the crsft shop close? It was before I was listening.
They set it up and it was never mentioned again!
tiny.cc/KRWpics
krw
2017-08-10 11:33:49 UTC
dust...
Post by krw
supposedly the village had a history society meeting recently - which I
have no knowledge of ever being set up.
Well Jenny wrote a book about village history ages ago with help from John
Tregoran but I'm sure Jim became a stalwart of the History Society much
more recently. I don't think listening to a meeting would make interesting
radio. Ours used to do occasional reports in the parish magazine but was
otherwise very low profile.
I would contend that Ambridge is too small to support a history society,
tiny.cc/KRWpics
Penny
2017-08-10 12:17:18 UTC
On Thu, 10 Aug 2017 12:33:49 +0100, krw <***@whitnet.uk> scrawled in the
dust...
dust...
Post by krw
supposedly the village had a history society meeting recently - which I
have no knowledge of ever being set up.
Well Jenny wrote a book about village history ages ago with help from John
Tregoran but I'm sure Jim became a stalwart of the History Society much
more recently. I don't think listening to a meeting would make interesting
radio. Ours used to do occasional reports in the parish magazine but was
otherwise very low profile.
I would contend that Ambridge is too small to support a history society,
I disagree - how many members do you need? A group of 2 or 3 could start
one.
2017-08-10 14:09:13 UTC
dust...
Post by krw
supposedly the village had a history society meeting recently - which I
have no knowledge of ever being set up.
Well Jenny wrote a book about village history ages ago with help from John
Tregoran but I'm sure Jim became a stalwart of the History Society much
more recently. I don't think listening to a meeting would make interesting
radio. Ours used to do occasional reports in the parish magazine but was
otherwise very low profile.
I would contend that Ambridge is too small to support a history society,
Our village has one. Population 550. Not narrowly focused on the
immediate village.
2017-08-10 14:09:13 UTC
dust...
Post by krw
supposedly the village had a history society meeting recently - which I
have no knowledge of ever being set up.
Well Jenny wrote a book about village history ages ago with help from John
Tregoran but I'm sure Jim became a stalwart of the History Society much
more recently. I don't think listening to a meeting would make interesting
radio. Ours used to do occasional reports in the parish magazine but was
otherwise very low profile.
In the beginning the WI was often the only place a wife could go on her own
and nobody realised how political (firmly not party political) they were.
2017-08-10 14:09:13 UTC
Post by Vicky
https://www.gransnet.com/forums/food/1239361-Butcher-V-Supermarket?utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Thurs%2010%20August%20-%20Gransnet%20Daily%20Newsletter&utm_content=Thurs%2010%20August%20-%20Gransnet%20Daily%20Newsletter+CID_5135eafe147322368f746be45161ce94&utm_source=newsletters&utm_term=Butcher%20vs%20supermarket
If Tom actually told us why he was wonderful new idea was so wonderful I
might be interested. Instead he uses fancy terms for something which
sounds unappealing. It really sounds like a writer swallowed an idea
but could not be bothered to do any research.
Perhaps Morris the butcher (or is is maurice?) should be talking to the
WI - which used to appear regularly, no longer gets mentioned and
supposedly the village had a history society meeting recently - which I
have no knowledge of ever being set up.
Many WIs began long before we ever knew of Ambridge. Probably started by
Mrs Lawson Hope's Mother in Law.
2017-08-10 16:24:11 UTC
Post by Vicky
https://www.gransnet.com/forums/food/1239361-Butcher-V-Supermarket?utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Thurs%2010%20August%20-%20Gransnet%20Daily%20Newsletter&utm_content=Thurs%2010%20August%20-%20Gransnet%20Daily%20Newsletter+CID_5135eafe147322368f746be45161ce94&utm_source=newsletters&utm_term=Butcher%20vs%20supermarket
If Tom actually told us why he was wonderful new idea was so wonderful I
might be interested. Instead he uses fancy terms for something which
sounds unappealing. It really sounds like a writer swallowed an idea
but could not be bothered to do any research.
Perhaps Morris the butcher (or is is maurice?) should be talking to the
WI - which used to appear regularly, no longer gets mentioned and
supposedly the village had a history society meeting recently - which I
have no knowledge of ever being set up.
Maurice the butcher. He did actually speak a few times some years ago.

2017-08-11 13:46:08 UTC
Post by Vicky
[...]
Sincerely Chris
Maurice Horton (and is friend, Philip Fox) were last heard from in May 2014.