spoiler re Anisha
2018-06-27 08:30:53 UTC
Back along the cast numbered 50 fairly regular folk. I have read numbers
around 70 mentioned recently. I think there is a cull to return to more
dramatically manageable characters. Its a bit daft to have a community
with one vet. It doesn’t happen does it?
krw
2018-06-27 09:34:55 UTC
On 27/06/2018 09:30, Btms wrote; my response is lower down:
> Back along the cast numbered 50 fairly regular folk. I have read numbers
> around 70 mentioned recently. I think there is a cull to return to more
> dramatically manageable characters. Its a bit daft to have a community
> with one vet. It doesn’t happen does it?

But like doctors a practice with a single vet is also unlikely and
extremely unstable (particularly if there is no space at the stables
post divorce).

The two partners should sell up and both take the money and run.

2018-06-27 09:45:16 UTC
On 27/06/2018 10:34, krw wrote:
> On 27/06/2018 09:30, Btms wrote; my response is lower down:
>> Back along the cast numbered 50 fairly regular folk.  I have read numbers
>> around 70 mentioned recently.  I think there is a cull to return to more
>> dramatically manageable characters.  Its a bit daft to have a community
>> with one vet.  It doesn’t happen does it?
>>

> But like doctors a practice with a single vet is also unlikely and
> extremely unstable (particularly if there is no space at the stables
> post divorce).
>
> The two partners should sell up and both take the money and run.

Yes, that would be the obvious option and probably the best for both of
them.

I changed my iPod's name to Titanic. It's syncing now.
Btms
2018-06-27 09:55:47 UTC
krw <***@whitnet.uk> wrote:
> On 27/06/2018 09:30, Btms wrote; my response is lower down:
>> Back along the cast numbered 50 fairly regular folk. I have read numbers
>> around 70 mentioned recently. I think there is a cull to return to more
>> dramatically manageable characters. Its a bit daft to have a community
>> with one vet. It doesn’t happen does it?
>>

> But like doctors a practice with a single vet is also unlikely and
> extremely unstable (particularly if there is no space at the stables
> post divorce).
>
> The two partners should sell up and both take the money and run.

Not sure if the practice is worth much. If one half leaves does this not
halve the value?

2018-06-27 09:59:32 UTC
Btms <***@thetames.me.uk> wrote:
> krw <***@whitnet.uk> wrote:
>> On 27/06/2018 09:30, Btms wrote; my response is lower down:
>>> Back along the cast numbered 50 fairly regular folk. I have read numbers
>>> around 70 mentioned recently. I think there is a cull to return to more
>>> dramatically manageable characters. Its a bit daft to have a community
>>> with one vet. It doesn’t happen does it?
>>>

>> But like doctors a practice with a single vet is also unlikely and
>> extremely unstable (particularly if there is no space at the stables
>> post divorce).
>>
>> The two partners should sell up and both take the money and run.
>>

> Not sure if the practice is worth much. If one half leaves does this not
> halve the value?

If the vet practice closes and the equine business is abandoned, where does
it leave me? With Bartleby and FAL? Do I have a case for constructive
dismissal?

2018-06-28 02:25:36 UTC
In message
<33381463.551786232.054370.poppy-***@news.eternal-september.or
g>, Btms <***@thetames.me.uk> writes:
>Btms <***@thetames.me.uk> wrote:
>> krw <***@whitnet.uk> wrote:

I would imagine ones with no vet might be common.

>>> But like doctors a practice with a single vet is also unlikely and
>>> extremely unstable (particularly if there is no space at the stables
>>> post divorce).

Space for what? I'm guessing you mean the vet practice, which would be a
good point: does the practice rent its premises from the stables (or get
it rent-free). i. e. does it not own any premises?

>>> The two partners should sell up and both take the money and run.
>>>

>> Not sure if the practice is worth much. If one half leaves does this not
>> halve the value?

Does it have _any_ positive value? From what Al. was saying, they
borrowed heavily to buy lots of new equipment and have some "room" built
(he mentioned it by name, but I can't remember - the "falling room" or
something like that). Anisha somewhat dismissively said "they'll more or
less pay for themselves", to which Al. responded "in time" (and "only if
I have a horse vet like you"), which suggests that the loan isn't paid
off yet.

If as a result of the loan the practice _is_ actually in negative
equity, would Al. have a claim against Anisha? Would her new employers
pay off the debt, or only "her half"?

>If the vet practice closes and the equine business is abandoned, where does
>it leave me? With Bartleby and FAL? Do I have a case for constructive
>dismissal?

Get the claim in early while there's still any money left (-:!

I reckon in a few years we'll have GoogleBum. You'll type in someone's name
and it will show you what their bum looks like. Even if they've never posted a
nude picture, it will reconstruct their bum from bits of their face and leg
and whatever else they can find. - Charlie Brooker, RT 2014/12/13-19
Btms
2018-06-28 14:38:48 UTC
J. P. Gilliver (John) <G6JPG-***@255soft.uk> wrote:
> In message
> <33381463.551786232.054370.poppy-***@news.eternal-september.or
>> , Btms <***@thetames.me.uk> writes:
>> Btms <***@thetames.me.uk> wrote:

Lots snipped.

> Get the claim in early while there's still any money left.

To my unprofessional opinion, surely if one partner in a business leaves,
then whatever their value to the business is, must be deducted?