Radio Times/BBC Credits and Spoilers - week ending 21st April 2017
2017-04-14 10:22:53 UTC

Alistair Lloyd - Michael Lumsden
Elizabeth Pargetter - Alison Dowling
Lily Pargetter - Katie Redford
Peggy Woolley - June Spencer

Director : Kim Greengrass
Editor : Huw Kennair-Jones
Writer : Mary Cutler

Spoilers:
Sunday 16th - Lilian has a spring in her step, and Toby offers little
comfort.
Monday 17th - Josh is on the warpath, and Elizabeth is pampered.
Tuesday 18th - Peggy hears the good news, and Ruth wants to keep a low
profile.
Wednesday 19th - Emma sets her sights on the future, and Anisha
oversteps the mark.
Thursday 20th - Everyone is celebrating at The Bull, and Rex fails to
impress.
Friday 21st - Pip cannot apologise enough, and Lily takes charge.
2017-04-14 11:04:22 UTC
On Fri, 14 Apr 2017 11:22:53 +0100, carolet
Post by carolet
Wednesday 19th - Emma sets her sights on the future, and Anisha
oversteps the mark.
Run out whilst backing up a bit too enthusiastically?
2017-04-14 11:32:45 UTC
Writer : Mary Cutler
I can but hope that this will avoid some of the worst nonsense being
encountered at present.
tiny.cc/KRWpics
Btms
2017-04-14 22:38:04 UTC
Writer : Mary Cutler
I can but hope that this will avoid some of the worst nonsense being
encountered at present.
She wrote tonight's epi. Has she not written all last week too?
BTMS - Usurped as Editor in waiting
krw
2017-04-14 11:34:02 UTC
Friday 21st - Pip cannot apologise enough,
Apologise? She needs to do a damn sight more than that - she should run
Adam's cows for nothing this year and she should fatten Tony's stock for
free as well.
tiny.cc/KRWpics
Mike
2017-04-14 12:29:35 UTC
Friday 21st - Pip cannot apologise enough,
Apologise? She needs to do a damn sight more than that - she should run
Adam's cows for nothing this year and she should fatten Tony's stock for
free as well.
Well everybody, I really don't know how I can possibly apologise enough to
you all, Dad, Mum, Tony, Adam and Ed whom I swore to secrecy after my
massive lack of competence, total disregard for everyones welfare and
finances. I must admit I made a total balls of the whole thing and the
least I can do is offer to pay recompense for all your losses, I will also
be paying each of you twice these amounts in compensation and.....As soon
as Toby's gin venture makes a mint, I'll be sending each of you full
payment without delay. πŸ˜‰πŸ˜‰πŸ˜‰πŸ˜‰πŸ˜‰
2017-04-14 12:36:39 UTC
Friday 21st - Pip cannot apologise enough,
Apologise? She needs to do a damn sight more than that - she should run
Adam's cows for nothing this year and she should fatten Tony's stock for
free as well.
Well everybody, I really don't know how I can possibly apologise enough to
you all, Dad, Mum, Tony, Adam and Ed whom I swore to secrecy after my
massive lack of competence, total disregard for everyones welfare and
finances. I must admit I made a total balls of the whole thing and the
least I can do is offer to pay recompense for all your losses, I will also
be paying each of you twice these amounts in compensation and.....As soon
as Toby's gin venture makes a mint, I'll be sending each of you full
payment without delay. πŸ˜‰πŸ˜‰πŸ˜‰πŸ˜‰πŸ˜‰
In fact come to think of it if you all drink enough of this Archer gin
you will forget what I did and that will resolve the matter. After all
I am such a good farmer according to Adam and Ed believes that we were
not responsible and Tony knows that David is not half the farmer that
Phil was so I must be in the clear.
tiny.cc/KRWpics
Chris McMillan
2017-04-14 16:10:53 UTC
Friday 21st - Pip cannot apologise enough,
Apologise? She needs to do a damn sight more than that - she should run
Adam's cows for nothing this year and she should fatten Tony's stock for
free as well.
Well everybody, I really don't know how I can possibly apologise enough to
you all, Dad, Mum, Tony, Adam and Ed whom I swore to secrecy after my
massive lack of competence, total disregard for everyones welfare and
finances. I must admit I made a total balls of the whole thing and the
least I can do is offer to pay recompense for all your losses, I will also
be paying each of you twice these amounts in compensation and.....As soon
as Toby's gin venture makes a mint, I'll be sending each of you full
payment without delay. πŸ˜‰πŸ˜‰πŸ˜‰πŸ˜‰πŸ˜‰
Perhaps she should ask Matt for a sub .......?

Actually, I thought Ed was going to take over the running of the cattle.
DavidK

Btms
2017-04-14 22:38:04 UTC
Friday 21st - Pip cannot apologise enough,
Apologise? She needs to do a damn sight more than that - she should run
Adam's cows for nothing this year and she should fatten Tony's stock for
free as well.
What about the dead ones? Village bbq?
BTMS - Usurped as Editor in waiting
Chris McMillan
BTN!
Nick Leverton
2017-04-15 13:28:49 UTC
Friday 21st - Pip cannot apologise enough,
Apologise? She needs to do a damn sight more than that - she should run
Adam's cows for nothing this year and she should fatten Tony's stock for
free as well.
What about the dead ones? Village bbq?
BTN!
No, I'm sure they'd be very tasty ...

Peter Percival
2017-04-15 21:04:28 UTC
Post by Nick Leverton
Friday 21st - Pip cannot apologise enough,
Apologise? She needs to do a damn sight more than that - she should run
Adam's cows for nothing this year and she should fatten Tony's stock for
free as well.
What about the dead ones? Village bbq?
BTN!
No, I'm sure they'd be very tasty ...
Outside of a cow, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a cow it's
too dark to read.

Marx? Not Karl in any case.
to me what you really mean.
2017-04-15 18:25:13 UTC
Friday 21st - Pip cannot apologise enough,
Apologise? She needs to do a damn sight more than that - she should run
Adam's cows for nothing this year and she should fatten Tony's stock for
free as well.
What about the dead ones? Village bbq?
BTN!
I'm mindful to accept that one, with a mention on the side for Nick L.
2017-04-15 18:35:17 UTC
Friday 21st - Pip cannot apologise enough,
Apologise? She needs to do a damn sight more than that - she should run
Adam's cows for nothing this year and she should fatten Tony's stock for
free as well.
What about the dead ones? Village bbq?
BTN!
I'm mindful to accept that one, with a mention on the side for Nick L.
I am minded to over rule. I mean to say, where is the wince factor?
BTMS - Usurped as Editor in waiting
Jenny M Benson
2017-04-15 18:53:49 UTC
Friday 21st - Pip cannot apologise enough,
Apologise? She needs to do a damn sight more than that - she should run
Adam's cows for nothing this year and she should fatten Tony's stock for
free as well.
What about the dead ones? Village bbq?
BTN!
I'm mindful to accept that one, with a mention on the side for Nick L.
I am minded to over rule. I mean to say, where is the wince factor?
I thought you might be! I admit it was somewhat borderline, but I
wanted to encourage Mrs McT who is not one of our regular Nominators ...
and it's Easter and my new furniture has arrived and we haven't had a
Nomination for a while, so what the hell!
2017-04-15 20:41:59 UTC
Friday 21st - Pip cannot apologise enough,
Apologise? She needs to do a damn sight more than that - she should run
Adam's cows for nothing this year and she should fatten Tony's stock for
free as well.
What about the dead ones? Village bbq?
BTN!
I'm mindful to accept that one, with a mention on the side for Nick L.
I am minded to over rule. I mean to say, where is the wince factor?
I thought you might be! I admit it was somewhat borderline, but I
wanted to encourage Mrs McT who is not one of our regular Nominators ...
and it's Easter and my new furniture has arrived and we haven't had a
Nomination for a while, so what the hell!
Easter? You mean Mrs McT was thinking the old cows were resurrected? I see
your point and approve of your spirit but this means the btms has been
charged with bad taste! Is this pissible*?

A twatbili par excellence.
BTMS - Usurped as Editor in waiting
Sam Plusnet
2017-04-15 21:53:43 UTC
I am minded to over rule. I mean to say, where is the wince factor?
Mince factor?
Post by Jenny M Benson
I thought you might be! I admit it was somewhat borderline, but I
wanted to encourage Mrs McT who is not one of our regular Nominators ...
and it's Easter and my new furniture has arrived and we haven't had a
Nomination for a while, so what the hell!
What of the furniture? I hate buying furniture since I cannot tell if
what I see in the shop will be a terrible mismatch once it arrives.
I just don't have that sort of imagination.
2017-04-16 07:22:58 UTC
Post by Jenny M Benson
I thought you might be! I admit it was somewhat borderline, but I
wanted to encourage Mrs McT who is not one of our regular Nominators ...
and it's Easter and my new furniture has arrived and we haven't had a
Nomination for a while, so what the hell!
What of the furniture? I hate buying furniture since I cannot tell if
what I see in the shop will be a terrible mismatch once it arrives.
I just don't have that sort of imagination.
I am confident Ms Benson's taste in furniture has impeccable taste.
BTMS - Usurped as Editor in waiting
Jenny M Benson
2017-04-16 10:21:41 UTC
What of the furniture? I hate buying furniture since I cannot tell if
what I see in the shop will be a terrible mismatch once it arrives.
I just don't have that sort of imagination.
This was even more worrying as I was purchasing from that inter-webby
thing without seeing anything "(1)in the flesh". But hallelujah! (seems
the appropriate thing to say at this time), It looks lovely and seems
well made.

To see the 2 delivery chaps assemble it all was an eye-opener. I bought
a little self-assembly shelf/cabinet unit the other day and I think it
took me longer to get the pieces out of the box than it did them to
assemble 2 chests and a wardrobe!

(1) Is this thing of both my quotation marks leaning the same way a new
thing which a Win 10 update has inflicted on me? I hadn't noticed them
being like that until very recently (2), but there was an update a few
days ago after which - as usual - I had to re-set to UK English, rather
than US.

(2) Though since writing the above I looked back at a post I made on 10
April and see the quotation marks are both vertical.
2017-04-16 11:00:30 UTC
[...]
So if they are all straight to avoid any fuss about selecting the right one
each time, does this also mean that an apostrophe will soon look like a
comma that has got above itself?πŸ˜‰
2017-04-16 17:40:12 UTC
On Sun, 16 Apr 2017 11:21:41 +0100, Jenny M Benson <***@hotmail.co.uk>
Is this thing of both my quotation marks leaning the same way a new
thing which a Win 10 update has inflicted on me? I hadn't noticed them
being like that until very recently
Personally I never see curly quotes in usenet posts and generally dislike
the things which aren't always rendered correctly and break some software.
Straight down like a pling (or two) without a dot is much simpler.
Big grin of pure delight.
Chris McMillan
2017-04-14 16:10:52 UTC
Wot no Matt??
Post by carolet
Sunday 16th - Lilian has a spring in her step, and Toby offers little
comfort.
Who wants his comfort?
Post by carolet
Monday 17th - Josh is on the warpath, and Elizabeth is pampered.
But Rex fails to impress later in the week. And Lily taking charge is
later: can't think who else wants to butter up Lizzie (as neither Freddy
nor Kenton are in this week.
Post by carolet
Tuesday 18th - Peggy hears the good news, and Ruth wants to keep a low
profile.
FSVO good .....
Post by carolet
Wednesday 19th - Emma sets her sights on the future, and Anisha
oversteps the mark.
She sets her sights on managing the chicken factory in a 12 month
Post by carolet
Thursday 20th - Everyone is celebrating at The Bull, and Rex fails to
impress.
Presumably *not* Peggoi!?

2017-04-14 17:40:51 UTC
Wot no Matt??
Lilian Bellamy - Sunny Ormonde
Matt Crawford - Kim Durham
Justin Elliott - Simon Williams
She had a pretty gift for quotation, which is a serviceable substitute
for wit. (W. Somerset Maugham)
Chris McMillan
2017-04-14 17:58:33 UTC
Wot no Matt??
Lilian Bellamy - Sunny Ormonde
Matt Crawford - Kim Durham
Justin Elliott - Simon Williams
Doh.

2017-04-15 07:10:21 UTC
Exit Pip, pursued by a bull. (Pity Tony got rid of his troublesome one)

2017-04-16 09:26:07 UTC
Exit Pip, pursued by a bull. (Pity Tony got rid of his troublesome one)
Sincerely Chris
I think we discussed this at the time, but I don't think that bull was
particularly troublesome: just the usual overreaction (as in "the dog
was destroyed" which you usually hear in short order in similar
circumstances). _Maybe_ their insurance company insisted upon it, though
I don't remember that being mentioned (or even if a claim was made, come
to that).

No, I haven't changed my mind - I'm perfectly happy with the one I have, thank
you.
krw
2017-04-17 11:54:42 UTC
Exit Pip, pursued by a bull. (Pity Tony got rid of his troublesome one)
Sincerely Chris
I think we discussed this at the time, but I don't think that bull was
particularly troublesome: just the usual overreaction (as in "the dog
was destroyed" which you usually hear in short order in similar
circumstances). _Maybe_ their insurance company insisted upon it, though
I don't remember that being mentioned (or even if a claim was made, come
to that).
They did discuss it at the time. Once a bull has been dangerous it
cannot be trusted ever so you bite the bullet and get a new one.
tiny.cc/KRWpics
Fenny
2017-04-17 22:18:09 UTC
They did discuss it at the time. Once a bull has been dangerous it
cannot be trusted ever so you bite the bullet and get a new one.
Apparently, bulls have a good memory. When a bull is spared in a bull
fight, it gets put out to pasture and never fights again, as it can
remember the moves a matador has made and will anticipate them.

Which sort of makes you wonder how the matadors practice.

---
http://www.avg.com
J. P. Gilliver (John)
2017-04-17 23:52:10 UTC
Post by Fenny
Post by krw
They did discuss it at the time. Once a bull has been dangerous it
cannot be trusted ever so you bite the bullet and get a new one.
Apparently, bulls have a good memory. When a bull is spared in a bull
fight, it gets put out to pasture and never fights again, as it can
remember the moves a matador has made and will anticipate them.
Which sort of makes you wonder how the matadors practice.
I imagine there's a plentiful supply of bulls, at least for practice
purposes, on their way to slaughter (as, indeed, will be the ones
"spared" above; I don't expect they get "out to pasture" for long).
Post by Fenny
---
http://www.avg.com

... referendum coverage is available with subtitles for the deaf, audio
description for the blind, and ITV for the thick. - Dead Ringers, 2016-6-25