OT: small kf by proxy
2017-07-11 19:16:45 UTC
My 9-year old grandson was recently accepted into the London Youth Choir
and sang at his first concert with them yesterday. Proud Grandmas were out
in force. The theme of the concert was the 300th anniversary of Handel's
Water Music, and the boys' choir had been learning about the sewers,
especially the work of Sir Joseph Bazalgette. They wrote a poem between
them which was then professionally put to music.

Only a group of boys aged roughly 7-10 could come up with the last line

"Old Sir Joseph, he's so smart, he got rid of all the farts".

They brought the house down.
2017-07-11 20:19:48 UTC
On 11 Jul 2017 19:16:45 GMT, Sally Thompson
Post by Sally Thompson
My 9-year old grandson was recently accepted into the London Youth Choir
and sang at his first concert with them yesterday. Proud Grandmas were out
in force. The theme of the concert was the 300th anniversary of Handel's
Water Music, and the boys' choir had been learning about the sewers,
I learned a lot about London's sewers from reading Pratchett's 'Dodger'.
Post by Sally Thompson
especially the work of Sir Joseph Bazalgette. They wrote a poem between
them which was then professionally put to music.
Only a group of boys aged roughly 7-10 could come up with the last line
"Old Sir Joseph, he's so smart, he got rid of all the farts".
They brought the house down.
:)
2017-07-11 20:30:18 UTC
In message <***@mid.individual.net>, Sally Thompson
<***@gmail.com.invalid> writes:
Water Music, and the boys' choir had been learning about the sewers,
especially the work of Sir Joseph Bazalgette. They wrote a poem between
them which was then professionally put to music.
Only a group of boys aged roughly 7-10 could come up with the last line
"Old Sir Joseph, he's so smart, he got rid of all the farts".
They brought the house down.
(I always wonder, in cases like this, how much input - even if
unconscious - there is from those supervising/administering the creative
activity.)

Sir Joseph took the sewage out of our homes. His great-grandson (or
something like that) ...

For this star a "night on the tiles" means winning at Scrabble - Kathy Lette
(on Kylie), RT 2014/1/11-17
Btms
2017-07-12 07:50:22 UTC
My 9-year old grandson was recently accepted into the London Youth Choir
and sang at his first concert with them yesterday. Proud Grandmas were out
in force. The theme of the concert was the 300th anniversary of Handel's
Water Music, and the boys' choir had been learning about the sewers,
especially the work of Sir Joseph Bazalgette. They wrote a poem between
them which was then professionally put to music.
Only a group of boys aged roughly 7-10 could come up with the last line
"Old Sir Joseph, he's so smart, he got rid of all the farts".
They brought the house down.
Well, it's an ill wind....
2017-07-12 07:55:05 UTC
My 9-year old grandson was recently accepted into the London Youth Choir
and sang at his first concert with them yesterday. Proud Grandmas were out
in force. The theme of the concert was the 300th anniversary of Handel's
Water Music, and the boys' choir had been learning about the sewers,
especially the work of Sir Joseph Bazalgette. They wrote a poem between
them which was then professionally put to music.
Only a group of boys aged roughly 7-10 could come up with the last line
"Old Sir Joseph, he's so smart, he got rid of all the farts".
They brought the house down.
Well done those boys!!

May grandson go far.

2017-07-12 09:34:58 UTC
My 9-year old grandson was recently accepted into the London Youth Choir
and sang at his first concert with them yesterday. Proud Grandmas were out
in force. The theme of the concert was the 300th anniversary of Handel's
Water Music, and the boys' choir had been learning about the sewers,
especially the work of Sir Joseph Bazalgette. They wrote a poem between
them which was then professionally put to music.
Only a group of boys aged roughly 7-10 could come up with the last line
"Old Sir Joseph, he's so smart, he got rid of all the farts".
They brought the house down.
Well done those boys!!
May grandson go far.
Sincerely Chris
Indeed. The standard was amazingly good.
2017-07-12 11:34:39 UTC
My 9-year old grandson was recently accepted into the London Youth Choir
and sang at his first concert with them yesterday. Proud Grandmas were out
in force. The theme of the concert was the 300th anniversary of Handel's
Water Music, and the boys' choir had been learning about the sewers,
especially the work of Sir Joseph Bazalgette. They wrote a poem between
them which was then professionally put to music.
Only a group of boys aged roughly 7-10 could come up with the last line
"Old Sir Joseph, he's so smart, he got rid of all the farts".
They brought the house down.
Well done those boys!!
May grandson go far.
Sincerely Chris
Indeed. The standard was amazingly good.
We're more familiar with the youth orchestras but yes, you have to be
seriously talented. Where's a Fox when you need her? (Definitely LFF's
humour!)