Umra Book Club
2018-07-09 18:21:48 UTC
The Shepherd's Hut by Tim Winton is one of the best things I've read
this year. I didn't hear it on Book At Bedtime, but the book itself is
simply brilliant and a great read, IMO.

Review here if interested:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/customer-reviews/R23CCECL7NNLR8

2018-07-09 20:31:47 UTC
On 09/07/18 19:21, Sid Nuncius wrote:
> The Shepherd's Hut by Tim Winton is one of the best things I've read
> this year.  I didn't hear it on Book At Bedtime, but the book itself is
> simply brilliant and a great read, IMO.
>
> Review here if interested:
> https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/customer-reviews/R23CCECL7NNLR8

I still think of Winton as a brilliant new writer but I realise I must
have been saying that since the early '90s and The Riders.

How did I not know that The Shepherd's Hut was Book at Bedtime until you
mentioned it?

Thanks,

2018-07-10 10:55:07 UTC
On 9/7/18 21:31, Nick Odell wrote; my response is lower down:
> On 09/07/18 19:21, Sid Nuncius wrote:
>> The Shepherd's Hut by Tim Winton is one of the best things I've read
>> this year.  I didn't hear it on Book At Bedtime, but the book itself
>> is simply brilliant and a great read, IMO.
>>
>> Review here if interested:
>> https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/customer-reviews/R23CCECL7NNLR8
>>
> I still think of Winton as a brilliant new writer but I realise I must
> have been saying that since the early '90s and The Riders.
>
> How did I not know that The Shepherd's Hut was Book at Bedtime until you
> mentioned it?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Nick
Is that Lynda's or David Cameron's?

vk
2018-07-10 17:40:54 UTC
On 10/07/2018 11:55, krw wrote:
> On 9/7/18 21:31, Nick Odell wrote; my response is lower down:
>> On 09/07/18 19:21, Sid Nuncius wrote:
>>> The Shepherd's Hut by Tim Winton is one of the best things I've read
>>> this year.  I didn't hear it on Book At Bedtime, but the book itself
>>> is simply brilliant and a great read, IMO.
>>>
>>> Review here if interested:
>>> https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/customer-reviews/R23CCECL7NNLR8
>>>
>> I still think of Winton as a brilliant new writer but I realise I must
>> have been saying that since the early '90s and The Riders.
>>
>> How did I not know that The Shepherd's Hut was Book at Bedtime until
>> you mentioned it?
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Nick
> Is that Lynda's or David Cameron's?