OT: "Royal" Wedding.
2018-05-17 06:46:07 UTC
What odds can you get in the UK on the wedding not actually happening on
Saturday ?

Or for the marriage lasting beyond the end of the decade ?

Worth a punt I reckon...
Btms
2018-05-17 07:32:58 UTC
What odds can you get in the UK on the wedding not actually happening on
Saturday ?
Or for the marriage lasting beyond the end of the decade ?
Worth a punt I reckon...
Alistair is the chap to consult on odds. Sort of feel “the Palace” are
relieved Father has opted out. Feels like a proper family with hissy fits
and non attendees. They will none of them be missed.
2018-05-17 09:22:12 UTC
In message
What odds can you get in the UK on the wedding not actually happening on
Saturday ?
Or for the marriage lasting beyond the end of the decade ?
Worth a punt I reckon...
.ei-land uses Euros these days I think ...
Post by Btms
Alistair is the chap to consult on odds. Sort of feel “the Palace” are
relieved Father has opted out. Feels like a proper family with hissy fits
and non attendees. They will none of them be missed.
I think that's a bit unfair, if he really is having heart problems. As
for what was going on before his health problems - I deliberately hadn't
been following it, as I wasn't that bothered: I actually wish the couple
no ill-will, I just wasn't going to get drawn into it all. So here's my
take, based on what little I _had_ picked up: it seems he'd had some
pictures taken of him getting togged up for the wedding. So effing what?

Every kid starts out as a natural-born scientist, and then we beat it out of
them. A few trickle through the system with their wonder and enthusiasm for
science intact. - Carl Sagan (interview w. Psychology Today published '96-1-1)
BrritSki
Have you got a little list ?
Mike
2018-05-17 13:29:01 UTC
What odds can you get in the UK on the wedding not actually happening on
Saturday ?
Or for the marriage lasting beyond the end of the decade ?
Worth a punt I reckon...
Alistair is the chap to consult on odds. Sort of feel “the Palace” are
relieved Father has opted out. Feels like a proper family with hissy fits
and non attendees. They will none of them be missed.
Have you got a little list ?
He’s got a little list
2018-05-17 20:11:47 UTC
What odds can you get in the UK on the wedding not actually happening on
Saturday ?
Or for the marriage lasting beyond the end of the decade ?
Worth a punt I reckon...
Alistair is the chap to consult on odds. Sort of feel “the Palace” are
relieved Father has opted out. Feels like a proper family with hissy fits
and non attendees. They will none of them be missed.
Have you got a little list ?
He’s got a little list
Is that why he sloped off?
2018-05-17 20:57:01 UTC
What odds can you get in the UK on the wedding not actually happening on
Saturday ?
Or for the marriage lasting beyond the end of the decade ?
Worth a punt I reckon...
Alistair is the chap to consult on odds. Sort of feel “the Palace” are
relieved Father has opted out. Feels like a proper family with hissy fits
and non attendees. They will none of them be missed.
Have you got a little list ?
He’s got a little list
Is that why he sloped off?
My phantasy is she wanted Mother to walk her down the aisle. Dad is a
little flakey and threw a big wobbly. Its all a bit awkward. ......
2018-05-18 07:41:24 UTC
What odds can you get in the UK on the wedding not actually happening on
Saturday ?
Or for the marriage lasting beyond the end of the decade ?
Worth a punt I reckon...
Alistair is the chap to consult on odds. Sort of feel “the Palace” are
relieved Father has opted out. Feels like a proper family with hissy fits
and non attendees. They will none of them be missed.
Have you got a little list ?
He’s got a little list
Is that why he sloped off?
This thread is going all down hill from here....
Clive Arthur
2018-05-18 09:25:48 UTC
What odds can you get in the UK on the wedding not actually happening on
Saturday ?
Or for the marriage lasting beyond the end of the decade ?
Worth a punt I reckon...
Alistair is the chap to consult on odds.  Sort of feel “the Palace” are
relieved Father has opted out.  Feels like a proper family with hissy
fits
and non attendees.  They will none of them be missed.
Have you got a little list ?
More of a pronounced limp. L I M P, pronounced 'limp'.

Cheers
Clive
Vicky Ayech
2018-05-18 10:24:04 UTC
On Fri, 18 May 2018 10:25:48 +0100, Clive Arthur
Post by Clive Arthur
What odds can you get in the UK on the wedding not actually happening on
Saturday ?
Or for the marriage lasting beyond the end of the decade ?
Worth a punt I reckon...
Alistair is the chap to consult on odds.  Sort of feel “the Palace” are
relieved Father has opted out.  Feels like a proper family with hissy
fits
and non attendees.  They will none of them be missed.
Have you got a little list ?
More of a pronounced limp. L I M P, pronounced 'limp'.
Cheers
I had a thought. B just remakred has he died, because they mentioned
Prince Philip and being old on a tv news item. What if he dies today
or tomorrow before the wedding? Will they go ahead? B wanted to know
what if he dies during it. I thought they'd do the shortest and finish
marrying them but cut the procession, or maybe use the carriage to
parade the body in a hastily acquired coffin. B wants to know what if
Her Maj died today?
Btms
2018-05-18 14:01:40 UTC
Post by Clive Arthur
[...]
The Court would be obliged to go into mourning. But more like they would
keep them going technically until after the event.
2018-05-18 14:14:33 UTC
On Fri, 18 May 2018 14:01:40 -0000 (UTC), Btms <***@thetames.me.uk>
Post by Clive Arthur
[...]
That was my first thought too. The timings of Royal deaths have been
manipulated before (or so I've read). Not even the speed of light is faster
than the speed of succession - unless someone feels it is inconvenient.
2018-05-18 14:43:21 UTC
Post by Clive Arthur
[...]
Wasn't there a C20 monarch whose demise was officially delayed so the
BBC News couldn't report it before the newspapers (or some such)?

2018-05-18 15:15:29 UTC
Wasn't there a C20 monarch whose demise was officially delayed so the
BBC News couldn't report it before the newspapers (or some such)?
Not quite. George V's death was hastened, by his doctor, so that it
could be announced properly, in the morning papers rather than in the
rather less prestigious evening press.

<https://www.nytimes.com/1986/11/28/world/1936-secret-is-out-doctor-sped-george-v-s-death.html>
Be yourself, everyone else is taken (Oscar Wilde)
Tony Bryer
2018-05-25 11:29:21 UTC
That was my first thought too. The timings of Royal deaths have been
manipulated before (or so I've read). Not even the speed of light is faster
than the speed of succession - unless someone feels it is inconvenient.
Wasn't there a C20 monarch whose demise was officially delayed so the
BBC News couldn't report it before the newspapers (or some such)?
Yes, Serena has it right over the death of King George V. But ISTR reading
about the death of an aristocrat in the 1930s that was a couple of days too
early for some death duty threshold so they kept him on ice.
Tony B, OzRat, Melbourne
Serena Blanchflower
2018-05-25 12:04:17 UTC
Post by Tony Bryer
That was my first thought too. The timings of Royal deaths have been
manipulated before (or so I've read). Not even the speed of light is faster
than the speed of succession - unless someone feels it is inconvenient.
Wasn't there a C20 monarch whose demise was officially delayed so the
BBC News couldn't report it before the newspapers (or some such)?
Yes, Serena has it right over the death of King George V. But ISTR reading
about the death of an aristocrat in the 1930s that was a couple of days too
early for some death duty threshold so they kept him on ice.
That also provided the twist in Dorothy L Sayers' novel "The
Unpleasantness at the Bellona Club", when the death of one old chap was
concealed, so that he would be thought to have died after a relative who
was due to leave him a considerable sum of money.
Life wouldn't be worth living if I worried over the future as well as
the present. (W. Somerset Maugham)
Sally Thompson
2018-05-18 15:52:29 UTC
Post by Clive Arthur
[...]
Whereas I think PT rather than BT. (P for Poor, that is.)
http://jennygenes.blogspot.co.uk/
Sally Thompson
2018-05-18 17:00:26 UTC
Post by Clive Arthur
[...]
Yes, I wasn’t sure. A PT award would be a Good Thing.
2018-05-18 17:24:45 UTC
Post by Clive Arthur
[...]
Well, it was a development that never really made it to the passenger
service stage; the HST 125 won through though.