farmiung methods for the environment and pigs
2018-02-27 22:01:13 UTC
Farming Today has several times mentioned how farmers will not be paid
for having big farms but for doing good for the environment and land.
Brian's money-making methods have led to the problems and Adam's might
lead to subsidies. Also Pip and Jill's borders, if I recall correctly,
would be rewarded.

I also heard on Farming Today about various kinds of pig farming. Some
pigs are on wooden slats as this is cheaper and easier to manage than
straw. Straw is currently much more expensive. The farmer trialling
slats and other methods said they didn't like it.

2018-02-27 22:10:24 UTC
Vicky <***@gmail.com> wrote:
> Farming Today has several times mentioned how farmers will not be paid
> for having big farms but for doing good for the environment and land.
> Brian's money-making methods have led to the problems and Adam's might
> lead to subsidies. Also Pip and Jill's borders, if I recall correctly,
> would be rewarded.
>
> I also heard on Farming Today about various kinds of pig farming. Some
> pigs are on wooden slats as this is cheaper and easier to manage than
> straw. Straw is currently much more expensive. The farmer trialling
> slats and other methods said they didn't like it.

Aiui farmers get significant eu subsidy for owning land. They are not
required to farm it.

2018-02-27 22:15:19 UTC
On Tue, 27 Feb 2018 22:10:24 -0000 (UTC), Btms <***@thetames.me.uk>
wrote:

>Vicky <***@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Farming Today has several times mentioned how farmers will not be paid
>> for having big farms but for doing good for the environment and land.
>> Brian's money-making methods have led to the problems and Adam's might
>> lead to subsidies. Also Pip and Jill's borders, if I recall correctly,
>> would be rewarded.
>>
>> I also heard on Farming Today about various kinds of pig farming. Some
>> pigs are on wooden slats as this is cheaper and easier to manage than
>> straw. Straw is currently much more expensive. The farmer trialling
>> slats and other methods said they didn't like it.
>>

>Aiui farmers get significant eu subsidy for owning land. They are not
>required to farm it.

Ummm, you know that referendum that we had a couple of years ago...?
2018-02-28 10:09:14 UTC
Fenny <***@removethis.onetel.net> wrote:
> On Tue, 27 Feb 2018 22:10:24 -0000 (UTC), Btms <***@thetames.me.uk>
> wrote:
>
>> Vicky <***@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Farming Today has several times mentioned how farmers will not be paid
>>> for having big farms but for doing good for the environment and land.
>>> Brian's money-making methods have led to the problems and Adam's might
>>> lead to subsidies. Also Pip and Jill's borders, if I recall correctly,
>>> would be rewarded.
>>>
>>> I also heard on Farming Today about various kinds of pig farming. Some
>>> pigs are on wooden slats as this is cheaper and easier to manage than
>>> straw. Straw is currently much more expensive. The farmer trialling
>>> slats and other methods said they didn't like it.
>>>

>> Aiui farmers get significant eu subsidy for owning land. They are not
>> required to farm it.
>
> Ummm, you know that referendum that we had a couple of years ago...?

Yes. Point is this is ironic as Cornwall (my county) voted out.

2018-02-28 10:32:46 UTC
Btms <***@thetames.me.uk> wrote:
> Fenny <***@removethis.onetel.net> wrote:
>> On Tue, 27 Feb 2018 22:10:24 -0000 (UTC), Btms <***@thetames.me.uk>
>> wrote:

>>> Aiui farmers get significant eu subsidy for owning land. They are not
>>> required to farm it.
>>
>> Ummm, you know that referendum that we had a couple of years ago...?
>
> Yes. Point is this is ironic as Cornwall (my county) voted out.

But the vote wasn’t based on county boundaries but those who voted for or
against over the U.K. as a whole; regional differences were not a
consideration AFAIK.

2018-02-28 11:17:22 UTC
Mike <***@ntlworld.com> wrote:
> Btms <***@thetames.me.uk> wrote:
>> Fenny <***@removethis.onetel.net> wrote:

>>> Ummm, you know that referendum that we had a couple of years ago...?
>>
>> Yes. Point is this is ironic as Cornwall (my county) voted out.
>>

> But the vote wasn’t based on county boundaries but those who voted for or
> against over the U.K. as a whole; regional differences were not a
> consideration AFAIK.

We know that! You are missing the point.

2018-02-28 14:13:41 UTC
Btms <***@thetames.me.uk> wrote:
> Mike <***@ntlworld.com> wrote:
>> Btms <***@thetames.me.uk> wrote:

>>> Yes. Point is this is ironic as Cornwall (my county) voted out.
>>>

>> But the vote wasn’t based on county boundaries but those who voted for or
>> against over the U.K. as a whole; regional differences were not a
>> consideration AFAIK.
>>

> We know that! You are missing the point.

😊😊😊😊😊😊😊

2018-02-28 18:27:17 UTC
On 28/02/18 10:32, Mike wrote:
> Btms <***@thetames.me.uk> wrote:
>> Fenny <***@removethis.onetel.net> wrote:

>>> Ummm, you know that referendum that we had a couple of years ago...?
>>
>> Yes. Point is this is ironic as Cornwall (my county) voted out.
>>

> But the vote wasn’t based on county boundaries but those who voted for or
> against over the U.K. as a whole; regional differences were not a
> consideration AFAIK.

Has anyone ever done an analysis of the referendum outcome if it had
been a parliamentary election with two parties (Leave and Remain)
standing in each constituency?

2018-02-28 18:31:01 UTC
On 28/02/2018 18:27, John Ashby wrote:

> Has anyone ever done an analysis of the referendum outcome if it had
> been a parliamentary election with two parties (Leave and Remain)
> standing in each constituency?

I doubt anyone has done an accurate one, as the referendum count was
done by council areas, not parliamentary constituencies. I'm sure some
approximations were done but I can't remember the results.

Plodding wins the race. (Aesop)
Chris J Dixon
2018-03-01 09:16:16 UTC
John Ashby wrote:

>Has anyone ever done an analysis of the referendum outcome if it had
>been a parliamentary election with two parties (Leave and Remain)
>standing in each constituency?

Was there ever any discussion about setting anything other than a
straight majority as being sufficient to trigger such a massive
change to the status quo?

***@cdixon.me.uk
2018-03-01 09:27:28 UTC
Chris J Dixon <***@cdixon.me.uk> wrote:
> John Ashby wrote:
>
>> Has anyone ever done an analysis of the referendum outcome if it had
>> been a parliamentary election with two parties (Leave and Remain)
>> standing in each constituency?
>
> Was there ever any discussion about setting anything other than a
> straight majority as being sufficient to trigger such a massive
> change to the status quo?
>
> Chris

Course not. Cameron misread the mindset of the people.

kosmo
2018-03-01 10:47:16 UTC
On Thu, 01 Mar 2018 09:16:16 +0000, Chris J Dixon
<***@cdixon.me.uk> wrote:
> Was there ever any discussion about setting anything other than a
> straight majority as being sufficient to trigger such a massive
> change to the status quo?

It was only an advisory referendum.

kosmo
Btms
2018-03-01 11:29:04 UTC
kosmo <***@whitnet.uk> wrote:
> On Thu, 01 Mar 2018 09:16:16 +0000, Chris J Dixon
> <***@cdixon.me.uk> wrote:
>> Was there ever any discussion about setting anything other than a
>> straight majority as being sufficient to trigger such a massive
>> change to the status quo?
>
> It was only an advisory referendum.

Yebut Cameron said HMG would abide by the results. Otherwise, what was the
point! The words hoist and petard come to mind.

2018-03-01 13:52:10 UTC
On 01/03/18 11:29, Btms wrote:
> kosmo <***@whitnet.uk> wrote:
>> On Thu, 01 Mar 2018 09:16:16 +0000, Chris J Dixon
>> <***@cdixon.me.uk> wrote:
>>> Was there ever any discussion about setting anything other than a
>>> straight majority as being sufficient to trigger such a massive
>>> change to the status quo?
>>
>> It was only an advisory referendum.
>>

> Yebut Cameron said HMG would abide by the results. Otherwise, what was the
> point! The words hoist and petard come to mind.

Yebut, yebut, it's supposed to be one's own petard. AISI the whole
country is being well and truly hoisted by somebody else's bloomin'
stupid petard.

2018-03-01 14:14:22 UTC
Nick Odell <***@themusicworkshop.plus.com> wrote:
> On 01/03/18 11:29, Btms wrote:
>> kosmo <***@whitnet.uk> wrote:
>>>
>>> It was only an advisory referendum.
>>>

>> Yebut Cameron said HMG would abide by the results. Otherwise, what was the
>> point! The words hoist and petard come to mind.
>>
> Yebut, yebut, it's supposed to be one's own petard. AISI the whole
> country is being well and truly hoisted by somebody else's bloomin'
> stupid petard.
>
> Nick

I was thinking of the fact he walked within hours of realising what had
happened.

2018-02-28 08:57:40 UTC
Vicky <***@gmail.com> wrote:
> Farming Today has several times mentioned how farmers will not be paid
> for having big farms but for doing good for the environment and land.
> Brian's money-making methods have led to the problems and Adam's might
> lead to subsidies. Also Pip and Jill's borders, if I recall correctly,
> would be rewarded.
>
> I also heard on Farming Today about various kinds of pig farming. Some
> pigs are on wooden slats as this is cheaper and easier to manage than
> straw. Straw is currently much more expensive. The farmer trialling
> slats and other methods said they didn't like it.

Kneal didn’t like slatted surfaces for piggy wiggies either.

Fred
2018-02-28 08:57:44 UTC
On Tuesday, 27 February 2018 22:01:15 UTC, Vicky wrote:
> I also heard on Farming Today about various kinds of pig farming. Some
> pigs are on wooden slats as this is cheaper and easier to manage than
> straw. Straw is currently much more expensive. The farmer trialling
> slats and other methods said they didn't like it.

I seem to remember that Neil, during his "job interview" said to Justin that he was pleased the new unit was not going to use slatted floors.

Fred
Vicky
2018-02-28 09:41:05 UTC
On Wed, 28 Feb 2018 00:57:44 -0800 (PST), Fred <***@gmail.com>
wrote:

>On Tuesday, 27 February 2018 22:01:15 UTC, Vicky wrote:
>> I also heard on Farming Today about various kinds of pig farming. Some
>> pigs are on wooden slats as this is cheaper and easier to manage than
>> straw. Straw is currently much more expensive. The farmer trialling
>> slats and other methods said they didn't like it.
>
>I seem to remember that Neil, during his "job interview" said to Justin that he was pleased the new unit was not going to use slatted floors.
>
>Fred

They seem to be doing pigs all week. Today it was swine fever and many
other things pigs get. Neil was talking about having to be careful not
to infect his herd from the BL one or vice versa. If any get swine
fever it's as bad as foot and mouth for sheep or TB for cows. The pigs
have to be slaughtered and the farm can't export any for ages. They
also mentioned some illnesses people can get too.

spoiler space
If Tom won't allow Neil's pigs onto ths farm and hasn't time to take
them over, and says Jazzer can't, where can they go? Ed is working
full time now. There is space presumably at Grange Farm. Eddy is busy
now with helping at brookfield and presumably will be more so as Pip
can't do as much, or could he take over? How old is he? What about
Josh? Or Ben? Who else is there. What happened to Jamie?

2018-02-28 09:47:34 UTC
On 28/02/2018 09:41, Vicky wrote:
> On Wed, 28 Feb 2018 00:57:44 -0800 (PST), Fred <***@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> On Tuesday, 27 February 2018 22:01:15 UTC, Vicky wrote:
>>> I also heard on Farming Today about various kinds of pig farming. Some
>>> pigs are on wooden slats as this is cheaper and easier to manage than
>>> straw. Straw is currently much more expensive. The farmer trialling
>>> slats and other methods said they didn't like it.
>>
>> I seem to remember that Neil, during his "job interview" said to Justin that he was pleased the new unit was not going to use slatted floors.
>>
>> Fred
>
> They seem to be doing pigs all week. Today it was swine fever and many
> other things pigs get. Neil was talking about having to be careful not
> to infect his herd from the BL one or vice versa. If any get swine
> fever it's as bad as foot and mouth for sheep or TB for cows. The pigs
> have to be slaughtered and the farm can't export any for ages. They
> also mentioned some illnesses people can get too.

> spoiler space
> If Tom won't allow Neil's pigs onto ths farm and hasn't time to take
> them over, and says Jazzer can't, where can they go? Ed is working
> full time now. There is space presumably at Grange Farm. Eddy is busy
> now with helping at brookfield and presumably will be more so as Pip
> can't do as much, or could he take over? How old is he? What about
> Josh? Or Ben? Who else is there. What happened to Jamie?

There's the land at Hollowtree, which Rex and Toby are no longer using
for poultry. It would be interesting to hear Jazzer's views on this and
whether he agrees that he can't take them on. We only heard it from Tom
and that may be his opinion, not Jazzer's.

Ed's a good stockman but I don't remember him having anything to do with
pigs, so I don't know if he'd be interested.

Don't let anyone tell you loving a cat is silly. Love, in any form, is a
precious commodity. (Barbara L. Diamond)
Penny
2018-02-28 11:03:15 UTC
On Wed, 28 Feb 2018 09:47:34 +0000, Serena Blanchflower
<***@blanchflower.me.uk> scrawled in the dust...

>On 28/02/2018 09:41, Vicky wrote:
>> On Wed, 28 Feb 2018 00:57:44 -0800 (PST), Fred <***@gmail.com>
>> wrote:

>>> I seem to remember that Neil, during his "job interview" said to Justin that he was pleased the new unit was not going to use slatted floors.
>>>
>>> Fred
>>
>> They seem to be doing pigs all week. Today it was swine fever and many
>> other things pigs get. Neil was talking about having to be careful not
>> to infect his herd from the BL one or vice versa. If any get swine
>> fever it's as bad as foot and mouth for sheep or TB for cows. The pigs
>> have to be slaughtered and the farm can't export any for ages. They
>> also mentioned some illnesses people can get too.

>> spoiler space
>> If Tom won't allow Neil's pigs onto ths farm and hasn't time to take
>> them over, and says Jazzer can't, where can they go? Ed is working
>> full time now. There is space presumably at Grange Farm. Eddy is busy
>> now with helping at brookfield and presumably will be more so as Pip
>> can't do as much, or could he take over? How old is he? What about
>> Josh? Or Ben? Who else is there. What happened to Jamie?
>>

>There's the land at Hollowtree, which Rex and Toby are no longer using
>for poultry. It would be interesting to hear Jazzer's views on this and
>whether he agrees that he can't take them on. We only heard it from Tom
>and that may be his opinion, not Jazzer's.

I think Jazzer may be interested, given the chance. It seems unlikely he
has the money to start up an enterprise on his own account though. If the
pigs stay where they are he might like to care for them. Would the
proximity of Neil's pig unit to his home be a problem in his new job if it
stayed there?
2018-02-28 11:17:22 UTC
Penny <***@labyrinth.freeuk.com> wrote:
> On Wed, 28 Feb 2018 09:47:34 +0000, Serena Blanchflower
> <***@blanchflower.me.uk> scrawled in the dust...
>
>> On 28/02/2018 09:41, Vicky wrote:

>>> They seem to be doing pigs all week. Today it was swine fever and many
>>> other things pigs get. Neil was talking about having to be careful not
>>> to infect his herd from the BL one or vice versa. If any get swine
>>> fever it's as bad as foot and mouth for sheep or TB for cows. The pigs
>>> have to be slaughtered and the farm can't export any for ages. They
>>> also mentioned some illnesses people can get too.

>>> v
>>> v
>>> v
>>> v
>>> v
>>> v
>>> v
>>> v
>>> v
>>> v
>>> spoiler space
>>> v
>>> v
>>> v
>>> v
>>> v
>>> v
>>> v
>>> v
>>> v
>>> If Tom won't allow Neil's pigs onto ths farm and hasn't time to take
>>> them over, and says Jazzer can't, where can they go? Ed is working
>>> full time now. There is space presumably at Grange Farm. Eddy is busy
>>> now with helping at brookfield and presumably will be more so as Pip
>>> can't do as much, or could he take over? How old is he? What about
>>> Josh? Or Ben? Who else is there. What happened to Jamie?
>>>

>> There's the land at Hollowtree, which Rex and Toby are no longer using
>> for poultry. It would be interesting to hear Jazzer's views on this and
>> whether he agrees that he can't take them on. We only heard it from Tom
>> and that may be his opinion, not Jazzer's.
>
> I think Jazzer may be interested, given the chance. It seems unlikely he
> has the money to start up an enterprise on his own account though. If the
> pigs stay where they are he might like to care for them. Would the
> proximity of Neil's pig unit to his home be a problem in his new job if it
> stayed there?

Well Jazzer needs a storyline. You may be on target here.

2018-02-28 13:47:13 UTC
On 28/02/2018 09:47, Serena Blanchflower wrote:
> On 28/02/2018 09:41, Vicky wrote:
>> On Wed, 28 Feb 2018 00:57:44 -0800 (PST), Fred <***@gmail.com>
>> wrote:

>>> I seem to remember that Neil, during his "job interview" said to
>>> Justin that he was pleased the new unit was not going to use slatted
>>> floors.
>>>
>>> Fred
>>
>> They seem to be doing pigs all week. Today it was swine fever and many
>> other things pigs get. Neil was talking about having to be careful not
>> to infect his herd from the BL one or vice versa. If any get swine
>> fever it's as bad as foot and mouth for sheep or TB for cows. The pigs
>> have to be slaughtered and the farm can't export any for ages.   They
>> also mentioned some illnesses people can get too.

>> spoiler space
>> If Tom won't allow Neil's pigs onto ths farm and hasn't time to take
>> them over, and says Jazzer can't, where can they go? Ed is working
>> full time now. There is space presumably at Grange Farm. Eddy is busy
>> now with helping at brookfield and presumably will be more so as Pip
>> can't do as much, or could he take over? How old is he? What about
>> Josh? Or Ben? Who else is there. What happened to Jamie?
>>

> There's the land at Hollowtree, which Rex and Toby are no longer using
> for poultry.

My money is on Rex. This is supported by Friday's spoiler, which says
that "there is an unexpected offer for Rex".

> It would be interesting to hear Jazzer's views on this and
> whether he agrees that he can't take them on.  We only heard it from Tom
> and that may be his opinion, not Jazzer's.

As Rex knows nothing of pigs, I would suggest that Jazzer assists him in
this new enterprise. I do wonder whether this would be acceptable,
though, as he could carry contamination between the two set's of pigs,
but then Neil might have done that anyway.

2018-02-28 14:14:52 UTC
carolet <***@btinternet.com> wrote:
> On 28/02/2018 09:47, Serena Blanchflower wrote:
>> On 28/02/2018 09:41, Vicky wrote:

>>> They seem to be doing pigs all week. Today it was swine fever and many
>>> other things pigs get. Neil was talking about having to be careful not
>>> to infect his herd from the BL one or vice versa. If any get swine
>>> fever it's as bad as foot and mouth for sheep or TB for cows. The pigs
>>> have to be slaughtered and the farm can't export any for ages.   They
>>> also mentioned some illnesses people can get too.

>>> v
>>> v
>>> v
>>> v
>>> v
>>> v
>>> v
>>> v
>>> v
>>> v
>>> spoiler space
>>> v
>>> v
>>> v
>>> v
>>> v
>>> v
>>> v
>>> v
>>> v
>>> If Tom won't allow Neil's pigs onto ths farm and hasn't time to take
>>> them over, and says Jazzer can't, where can they go? Ed is working
>>> full time now. There is space presumably at Grange Farm. Eddy is busy
>>> now with helping at brookfield and presumably will be more so as Pip
>>> can't do as much, or could he take over? How old is he? What about
>>> Josh? Or Ben? Who else is there. What happened to Jamie?
>>>

>> There's the land at Hollowtree, which Rex and Toby are no longer using
>> for poultry.
>
> My money is on Rex. This is supported by Friday's spoiler, which says
> that "there is an unexpected offer for Rex".
>
>> It would be interesting to hear Jazzer's views on this and
>> whether he agrees that he can't take them on.  We only heard it from Tom
>> and that may be his opinion, not Jazzer's.
>
> As Rex knows nothing of pigs, I would suggest that Jazzer assists him in
> this new enterprise. I do wonder whether this would be acceptable,
> though, as he could carry contamination between the two set's of pigs,
> but then Neil might have done that anyway.
>

>> Ed's a good stockman but I don't remember him having anything to do with
>> pigs, so I don't know if he'd be interested.

Sounds good to me. And sensible.

2018-03-01 13:25:08 UTC
Btms <***@thetames.me.uk> wrote:
> carolet <***@btinternet.com> wrote:

>>> There's the land at Hollowtree, which Rex and Toby are no longer using
>>> for poultry.
>>
>> My money is on Rex. This is supported by Friday's spoiler, which says
>> that "there is an unexpected offer for Rex".
>>
>>> It would be interesting to hear Jazzer's views on this and
>>> whether he agrees that he can't take them on.  We only heard it from Tom
>>> and that may be his opinion, not Jazzer's.
>>
>> As Rex knows nothing of pigs, I would suggest that Jazzer assists him in
>> this new enterprise. I do wonder whether this would be acceptable,
>> though, as he could carry contamination between the two set's of pigs,
>> but then Neil might have done that anyway.
>>

>>> Ed's a good stockman but I don't remember him having anything to do with
>>> pigs, so I don't know if he'd be interested.
>>>

> Sounds good to me. And sensible.

Only Tom, Neil and Jazzer understand pigs, though from the way Jazzer
complains about them I think he prefers the milk round.

2018-03-01 13:35:31 UTC
Chris McMillan <***@ntlworld.com> wrote:
> Btms <***@thetames.me.uk> wrote:
>> carolet <***@btinternet.com> wrote:

>>> My money is on Rex. This is supported by Friday's spoiler, which says
>>> that "there is an unexpected offer for Rex".

>>> As Rex knows nothing of pigs, I would suggest that Jazzer assists him in
>>> this new enterprise. I do wonder whether this would be acceptable,
>>> though, as he could carry contamination between the two set's of pigs,
>>> but then Neil might have done that anyway.

>> Sounds good to me. And sensible.
>>

> Only Tom, Neil and Jazzer understand pigs, though from the way Jazzer
> complains about them I think he prefers the milk round.
>
> Sincerely Chris

I say bring back Phil Archer - he was the real pig lover.

the Omrud
2018-03-01 15:58:41 UTC
On 01/03/2018 13:35, Mike wrote:

> I say bring back Phil Archer - he was the real pig lover.

I believe that's frowned upon these days.

David
Btms
2018-03-01 16:03:38 UTC
the Omrud <***@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 01/03/2018 13:35, Mike wrote:
>
>> I say bring back Phil Archer - he was the real pig lover.
>
> I believe that's frowned upon these days.

Ok, I will say it......... but quite on trend in Cambridge aiui.

2018-03-01 16:07:35 UTC
On 01/03/18 16:03, Btms wrote:
> the Omrud <***@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On 01/03/2018 13:35, Mike wrote:
>>
>>> I say bring back Phil Archer - he was the real pig lover.
>>
>> I believe that's frowned upon these days.
>>

> Ok, I will say it......... but quite on trend in Cambridge aiui.

Are you trying to make this thread recursive?

2018-03-01 17:52:28 UTC
On Thu, 1 Mar 2018 16:03:38 -0000 (UTC), Btms <***@thetames.me.uk>
wrote:

>the Omrud <***@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On 01/03/2018 13:35, Mike wrote:
>>
>>> I say bring back Phil Archer - he was the real pig lover.
>>
>> I believe that's frowned upon these days.
>>

>Ok, I will say it......... but quite on trend in Cambridge aiui.

BTN for both of them

2018-03-01 19:55:28 UTC
On 01/03/2018 17:52, Vicky wrote:
> On Thu, 1 Mar 2018 16:03:38 -0000 (UTC), Btms <***@thetames.me.uk>
> wrote:
>
>> the Omrud <***@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> I believe that's frowned upon these days.
>>>

>> Ok, I will say it......... but quite on trend in Cambridge aiui.
>
> BTN for both of them

Yes!

2018-03-01 20:28:36 UTC
Jenny M Benson <***@hotmail.co.uk> wrote:
> On 01/03/2018 17:52, Vicky wrote:
>> On Thu, 1 Mar 2018 16:03:38 -0000 (UTC), Btms <***@thetames.me.uk>
>> wrote:

>>> Ok, I will say it......... but quite on trend in Cambridge aiui.
>>
>> BTN for both of them
>>

> Yes!

Oh i say!

the Omrud
2018-03-02 10:29:51 UTC
On 01/03/2018 20:28, Btms wrote:
> Jenny M Benson <***@hotmail.co.uk> wrote:
>> On 01/03/2018 17:52, Vicky wrote:

>>> BTN for both of them
>>
>> Yes!
>
> Oh i say!

And so do I.

David
the Omrud
2018-03-02 10:30:31 UTC
On 01/03/2018 16:03, Btms wrote:
> the Omrud <***@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On 01/03/2018 13:35, Mike wrote:
>>
>>> I say bring back Phil Archer - he was the real pig lover.
>>
>> I believe that's frowned upon these days.
>
> Ok, I will say it......... but quite on trend in Cambridge aiui.

There's an academic study course available: Animal Husbandry.

David
Vicky
2018-03-02 13:27:57 UTC
On Fri, 2 Mar 2018 10:30:31 +0000, the Omrud <***@gmail.com>
wrote:

>On 01/03/2018 16:03, Btms wrote:
>> the Omrud <***@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> I believe that's frowned upon these days.
>>
>> Ok, I will say it......... but quite on trend in Cambridge aiui.
>
>There's an academic study course available: Animal Husbandry.

Tsk! Another BTN over here?

2018-03-02 15:37:02 UTC
On 02/03/2018 13:27, Vicky wrote:
> On Fri, 2 Mar 2018 10:30:31 +0000, the Omrud <***@gmail.com>
> wrote:

>>> Ok, I will say it......... but quite on trend in Cambridge aiui.
>>
>> There's an academic study course available: Animal Husbandry.
>
> Tsk! Another BTN over here?

Oh dear! It's going to make judging awfully difficult, but I did think
this clever and it made me laugh so I think I have to accept the Nom.

the Omrud
2018-03-02 16:42:16 UTC
On 02/03/2018 15:37, Jenny M Benson wrote:
> On 02/03/2018 13:27, Vicky wrote:
>> On Fri, 2 Mar 2018 10:30:31 +0000, the Omrud <***@gmail.com>
>> wrote:

>>> There's an academic study course available: Animal Husbandry.
>>
>> Tsk! Another BTN over here?
>>
> Oh dear!  It's going to make judging awfully difficult, but I did think
> this clever and it made me laugh so I think I have to accept the Nom.

Oooh, what an honour.

David
Mike
2018-03-01 16:21:10 UTC
the Omrud <***@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 01/03/2018 13:35, Mike wrote:
>
>> I say bring back Phil Archer - he was the real pig lover.
>
> I believe that's frowned upon these days.

Archerphillia?

2018-03-01 13:25:09 UTC
carolet <***@btinternet.com> wrote:
> On 28/02/2018 09:47, Serena Blanchflower wrote:
>> On 28/02/2018 09:41, Vicky wrote:

>>> They seem to be doing pigs all week. Today it was swine fever and many
>>> other things pigs get. Neil was talking about having to be careful not
>>> to infect his herd from the BL one or vice versa. If any get swine
>>> fever it's as bad as foot and mouth for sheep or TB for cows. The pigs
>>> have to be slaughtered and the farm can't export any for ages.   They
>>> also mentioned some illnesses people can get too.

>>> v
>>> v
>>> v
>>> v
>>> v
>>> v
>>> v
>>> v
>>> v
>>> v
>>> spoiler space
>>> v
>>> v
>>> v
>>> v
>>> v
>>> v
>>> v
>>> v
>>> v
>>> If Tom won't allow Neil's pigs onto ths farm and hasn't time to take
>>> them over, and says Jazzer can't, where can they go? Ed is working
>>> full time now. There is space presumably at Grange Farm. Eddy is busy
>>> now with helping at brookfield and presumably will be more so as Pip
>>> can't do as much, or could he take over? How old is he? What about
>>> Josh? Or Ben? Who else is there. What happened to Jamie?
>>>

>> There's the land at Hollowtree, which Rex and Toby are no longer using
>> for poultry.
>
> My money is on Rex. This is supported by Friday's spoiler, which says
> that "there is an unexpected offer for Rex".
>
>> It would be interesting to hear Jazzer's views on this and
>> whether he agrees that he can't take them on.  We only heard it from Tom
>> and that may be his opinion, not Jazzer's.
>
> As Rex knows nothing of pigs, I would suggest that Jazzer assists him in
> this new enterprise. I do wonder whether this would be acceptable,
> though, as he could carry contamination between the two set's of pigs,
> but then Neil might have done that anyway.
>

>> Ed's a good stockman but I don't remember him having anything to do with
>> pigs, so I don't know if he'd be interested.

Rex would be better than Tobes any day with any animals!