BTA Awards Ceremony 2018 - Very Highly Commended
2018-04-01 19:57:44 UTC
Excitement builds (and no doubt there will be muttering in the ranks) as
we see a familiar face looking very smug as its owner totters up to the
stage yet again ... and yet again.

Referencing a proposed early morning walk for Kirsty, Mike McT wondered
"If it is called off due to bad weather ... will it be aborted?" for
which he was quite rightly Nominated by Penny.

As if that wasn't enough, Sally then further nominated McT for
suggesting that when Chris & Alice had possibly made a baby "they may
have been in a field of rape?"

<Applause again>...
2018-04-01 20:55:36 UTC
On Sun, 1 Apr 2018 20:57:44 +0100, Jenny M Benson
Post by Jenny M Benson
Excitement builds (and no doubt there will be muttering in the ranks) as
we see a familiar face looking very smug as its owner totters up to the
stage yet again ... and yet again.
Referencing a proposed early morning walk for Kirsty, Mike McT wondered
"If it is called off due to bad weather ... will it be aborted?" for
which he was quite rightly Nominated by Penny.
As if that wasn't enough, Sally then further nominated McT for
suggesting that when Chris & Alice had possibly made a baby "they may
have been in a field of rape?"
<Applause again>...
My hands hurt from all the clapping and I'm very pleased all the food
went, including the cakes and platters of mezze supplied by GG. For
once we had very good behaviour all round, probably because it was
mostly tea and coffee to drink with just one frugal glass of Carva
each to toast Jenny and the winners. Well, it was short notice and
budget catering :).
2018-04-01 21:02:10 UTC
Post by Jenny M Benson
[...]
Clearly you missed the debacle and unseemly contretemps between SODAM
and Mr Nuncius?
SODAM
2018-04-01 21:57:01 UTC
Post by Jenny M Benson
[...]
That was merely an enthusiastic,umratic greeting which you have completely
misrepresented. The fact that it was the last piece of cake and Mr Nuncius
had taken one of his yellow pills was nothing to do with it, Bottoms.

To the pure, all things are pure. <sssnniifff>
--
SODAM
The thinking umrat’s choice for editor
Sid Nuncius
2018-04-02 06:11:08 UTC
Post by SODAM
Post by Btms
Post by Vicky
My hands hurt from all the clapping and I'm very pleased all the food
went, including the cakes and platters of mezze supplied by GG. For
once we had very good behaviour all round, probably because it was
mostly tea and coffee to drink with just one frugal glass of Carva
each to toast Jenny and the winners. Well, it was short notice and
budget catering :).
Clearly you missed the debacle and unseemly contretemps between SODAM
and Mr Nuncius?
That was merely an enthusiastic,umratic greeting which you have completely
misrepresented. The fact that it was the last piece of cake and Mr Nuncius
had taken one of his yellow pills was nothing to do with it, Bottoms.
Quite. It was all entirely consensual, your honour. (And don't forget
that contretemps is extra, Sodders.)
2018-04-02 07:04:56 UTC
Post by Vicky
My hands hurt from all the clapping and I'm very pleased all the food
went, including the cakes and platters of mezze supplied by GG.  For
once we had very good behaviour all round, probably because it was
mostly tea and coffee to drink with just one frugal glass of Carva
each to toast Jenny and the winners.  Well, it was short notice and
budget catering :).
Clearly you missed the debacle and unseemly contretemps between SODAM
  and Mr  Nuncius?
That was merely an enthusiastic,umratic  greeting which you have
completely
misrepresented. The fact that it was the last piece of cake and Mr Nuncius
had taken one of his yellow pills was nothing to do with it, Bottoms.
Quite.  It was all entirely consensual, your honour.  (And don't forget
that contretemps is extra, Sodders.)
Harrumph. Unfortunately the demon-stration that Rosie gave me of the
difference between a Bairstow greeting and a Malky was not so consensual.

Ouch, my head hurts. But it might have been the Glenmorangie...
Vicky
2018-04-02 08:56:51 UTC
On Mon, 2 Apr 2018 07:11:08 +0100, Sid Nuncius
Post by Sid Nuncius
Post by SODAM
Post by Btms
Post by Vicky
My hands hurt from all the clapping and I'm very pleased all the food
went, including the cakes and platters of mezze supplied by GG. For
once we had very good behaviour all round, probably because it was
mostly tea and coffee to drink with just one frugal glass of Carva
each to toast Jenny and the winners. Well, it was short notice and
budget catering :).
Clearly you missed the debacle and unseemly contretemps between SODAM
and Mr Nuncius?
That was merely an enthusiastic,umratic greeting which you have completely
misrepresented. The fact that it was the last piece of cake and Mr Nuncius
had taken one of his yellow pills was nothing to do with it, Bottoms.
Quite. It was all entirely consensual, your honour. (And don't forget
that contretemps is extra, Sodders.)
Is contretemps one of those tantric practises? Did you learn it at
Kaite's yurt thing?
Yes, it'll yurt you more than it yurts me...
Mike
2018-04-02 09:14:11 UTC
Post by Sid Nuncius
Post by SODAM
Post by Btms
Post by Vicky
[...]
But the word must be spelt using French letters for authenticity.
2018-04-02 09:47:22 UTC
Post by Sid Nuncius
Post by SODAM
Post by Btms
[...]
[...]
[...]
[...]