The ultimate sanction..
p***@never.here
2017-02-26 11:19:19 UTC
You won't come to my party....
--
Pete
Mike McMillan
2017-02-26 12:38:02 UTC
Post by p***@never.here
You won't come to my party....
Shall I send my harp along just the same?
2017-02-26 12:50:27 UTC
Post by Mike McMillan
Post by p***@never.here
You won't come to my party....
Shall I send my harp along just the same?
Nah, let him cry if he wants to.
BTMS - Usurped as Editor in waiting
Flop
2017-02-26 12:55:09 UTC
Post by Mike McMillan
Post by p***@never.here
You won't come to my party....
Shall I send my harp along just the same?
Just send a photo.

It will send him round the bend!
Flop
Mike McMillan
2017-02-26 13:22:29 UTC
Post by Flop
Post by Mike McMillan
Post by p***@never.here
You won't come to my party....
Shall I send my harp along just the same?
Just send a photo.
It will send him round the bend!
*Harp* not *Harpic*!
Flop
2017-02-26 19:59:00 UTC
Post by Mike McMillan
Post by Flop
Post by Mike McMillan
Post by p***@never.here
You won't come to my party....
Shall I send my harp along just the same?
Just send a photo.
It will send him round the bend!
*Harp* not *Harpic*!
*Harp pic* not *Harpic*

Some people just cant see the joke :-)
Flop
J. P. Gilliver (John)
2017-02-26 21:20:21 UTC
Post by Flop
Post by Mike McMillan
Post by Flop
Post by Mike McMillan
Post by p***@never.here
You won't come to my party....
Shall I send my harp along just the same?
This does whoosh me rather: the only comic harp I know of is the "mind
me harp!" exclamation in Peter Sellers' "Sree Folk sarngs" sketch.
Post by Flop
Post by Mike McMillan
Post by Flop
Just send a photo.
It will send him round the bend!
*Harp* not *Harpic*!
*Harp pic* not *Harpic*
Some people just cant see the joke :-)
I can now you've explained it! Thanks.

"I've got this shocking pain right behind the eyes."
"Have you considered amputation?" - Vila & Avon
Penny
2017-02-28 15:46:03 UTC
On Sun, 26 Feb 2017 21:20:21 +0000, "J. P. Gilliver (John)"
Post by J. P. Gilliver (John)
Post by Mike McMillan
Post by p***@never.here
You won't come to my party....
Shall I send my harp along just the same?
This does whoosh me rather: the only comic harp I know of is the "mind
me harp!" exclamation in Peter Sellers' "Sree Folk sarngs" sketch.
I thought it referred to a (very) old song
I took my harp to a party
But nobody asked me to play...
2017-02-28 16:32:59 UTC
Post by J. P. Gilliver (John)
Post by Mike McMillan
Post by p***@never.here
You won't come to my party....
Shall I send my harp along just the same?
This does whoosh me rather: the only comic harp I know of is the "mind
me harp!" exclamation in Peter Sellers' "Sree Folk sarngs" sketch.
I thought it referred to a (very) old song
I took my harp to a party
But nobody asked me to play...
Spot on Penny, that is the song to which I alluded.
Flop
2017-02-27 09:47:23 UTC
Post by Mike McMillan
Post by Flop
Post by Mike McMillan
Post by Flop
Post by Mike McMillan
Post by p***@never.here
You won't come to my party....
Shall I send my harp along just the same?
Just send a photo.
It will send him round the bend!
*Harp* not *Harpic*!
*Harp pic* not *Harpic*
Some people just cant see the joke :-)
'Round the bend'?
I don't know enough about you.
--
Flop
General Norman Schwarzkopf was asked if he thought there was room for
OUR job is to arrange the meeting."
Sid Nuncius
2017-03-01 10:53:47 UTC
Post by Flop
Post by Mike McMillan
Post by Flop
Post by Mike McMillan
Post by p***@never.here
You won't come to my party....
Shall I send my harp along just the same?
Just send a photo.
It will send him round the bend!
*Harp* not *Harpic*!
*Harp pic* not *Harpic*
Some people just cant see the joke :-)
Yeah - life's a bleach sometimes.
Peter Percival
2017-02-26 20:10:12 UTC
Post by Flop
Post by Mike McMillan
Post by p***@never.here
You won't come to my party....
Shall I send my harp along just the same?
Just send a photo.
It will send him round the bend!
Don't forget to duck.
to me what you really mean.
p***@never.here
2017-02-26 12:56:05 UTC
On Sun, 26 Feb 2017 12:38:02 GMT, Mike McMillan
Post by Mike McMillan
Post by p***@never.here
You won't come to my party....
Shall I send my harp along just the same?
No, take it along with you. I'm sure your invite is on the way...
Pete
Anne B
2017-02-26 17:09:50 UTC
Post by Mike McMillan
Post by p***@never.here
You won't come to my party....
Shall I send my harp along just the same?
No, take it along with you. I'm sure your invite is on the way...
'Invite' is a verb. The noun is 'invitation'.

DINTAFPOU?

Anne B
Fenny
2017-02-26 18:03:33 UTC
On Sun, 26 Feb 2017 17:09:50 +0000, Anne B
Post by Anne B
'Invite' is a verb. The noun is 'invitation'.
DINTAFPOU?
This is one of my pet peeves. However, if you read the dictionary
definitions, somewhere down in the depths, it does give "invite" as a
noun.

However, that doesn't mean we should let people!
the Omrud
2017-02-26 18:27:30 UTC
Post by Anne B
'Invite' is a verb. The noun is 'invitation'.
DINTAFPOU?
This is one of my pet peeves. However, if you read the dictionary
definitions, somewhere down in the depths, it does give "invite" as a
noun.
However, that doesn't mean we should let people!
Dictionaries (at least English Dictionaries) describe usage, so that
just means that the word is used as a noun. The dictionary doesn't have
an opinion.
David
Peter Percival
2017-02-26 19:08:30 UTC
Post by Anne B
'Invite' is a verb. The noun is 'invitation'.
DINTAFPOU?
This is one of my pet peeves. However, if you read the dictionary
definitions, somewhere down in the depths, it does give "invite" as a
noun.
However, that doesn't mean we should let people!
Dictionaries (at least English Dictionaries) describe usage, so that
just means that the word is used as a noun. The dictionary doesn't have
an opinion.
Some dictionaries express a few opinions.
to me what you really mean.
Anne B
2017-02-26 19:14:46 UTC
Post by Peter Percival
Post by Anne B
'Invite' is a verb. The noun is 'invitation'.
DINTAFPOU?
This is one of my pet peeves. However, if you read the dictionary
definitions, somewhere down in the depths, it does give "invite" as a
noun.
However, that doesn't mean we should let people!
Dictionaries (at least English Dictionaries) describe usage, so that
just means that the word is used as a noun. The dictionary doesn't have
an opinion.
Some dictionaries express a few opinions.
Fowler expresses an opinion. He says that it has never, even as a
colloquialism, attained to respectability. After more than 350 years of
life, it is less recognised as an English word tha 'bike'. "Coll or
vulg", says the COD.
QED
steveski
2017-02-26 18:12:03 UTC
Post by Mike McMillan
Post by p***@never.here
You won't come to my party....
Shall I send my harp along just the same?
No, take it along with you. I'm sure your invite is on the way...
'Invite' is a verb. The noun is 'invitation'.
DINTAFPOU?
It's one of my pet peeves, too.
p***@never.here
2017-02-27 10:39:45 UTC
Post by Mike McMillan
Post by p***@never.here
You won't come to my party....
Shall I send my harp along just the same?
No, take it along with you. I'm sure your invite is on the way...
'Invite' is a verb. The noun is 'invitation'.
My apologies. Thank you for the correction. I'll try to do better in
the future.
Post by Anne B
DINTAFPOU?
Thank you for this acronym. Searching the meaning of it led me to to
following site that I hadn't seen before.

http://www.umra.freeuk.com/nicks.html
Pete
Penny
2017-02-28 15:44:34 UTC
Post by p***@never.here
Post by Anne B
DINTAFPOU?
Thank you for this acronym. Searching the meaning of it led me to to
following site that I hadn't seen before.
http://www.umra.freeuk.com/nicks.html
Gosh, it's been around for donkey's years but as I don't use dial-up
anymore it's difficult to update so no longer advertised in my sig.

When I was updating it regularly I got the impression its very existence
encouraged the invention of new nicknames and abbreviations.
p***@never.here
2017-03-01 11:04:33 UTC
Post by p***@never.here
Post by Anne B
DINTAFPOU?
Thank you for this acronym. Searching the meaning of it led me to to
following site that I hadn't seen before.
http://www.umra.freeuk.com/nicks.html
Gosh, it's been around for donkey's years but as I don't use dial-up
anymore it's difficult to update so no longer advertised in my sig.
Like me <g> Don't know why I've never found it before this.
Pete
Marjorie
2017-02-26 16:58:45 UTC
Post by p***@never.here
You won't come to my party....
I think Jenny has forgotten that Lilian lives in her house. Or will she
be locked in her room on the party evening?
--
Marjorie

To reply, replace dontusethisaddress with marje