So, farewell then....
2017-10-03 05:37:11 UTC
...Tom Petty.
Yet another Wilbury has stopped traveling;
It makes me sad that
You won't come around here no more.

Go well and thanks.
2017-10-03 07:00:32 UTC
...Tom Petty.
Yet another Wilbury has stopped traveling;
I have to be very careful not to Spoonerise that...
Post by Sid Nuncius
It makes me sad that
You won't come around here no more.
I was never a great fan, but just watched the video of that and rather
enjoyed it. AGD will love it as she recently discovered Alice through
the Bottle (which she rather perspicaciously calls it), although at 5
the cake eating at the end might freak her out a bit :)
Sid Nuncius
2017-10-03 07:28:56 UTC
...Tom Petty.
Yet another Wilbury has stopped traveling;
I have to be very careful not to Spoonerise that...
:o)
It makes me sad that
You won't come around here no more.
I was never a great fan, but just watched the video of that and rather
enjoyed it. AGD will love it as she recently discovered Alice through
the Bottle (which she rather perspicaciously calls it), although at 5
the cake eating at the end might freak her out a bit :)
I think the video is dreadful - and nothing whatever to do with the
song, of course (although I am no longer 5 years old, of course).
DCAHNM is, however, a real favourite of mine. He was a very good
rocker, but he was at his best with stuff no-one else could have made,
like DCAHNM, Learning To Fly, Refugee, Free Falling and others.

(There's a v. good live version on Southern Accents In The Sunshine
State, with the audience all joyfully yelling "STOP!"[1] in all the
right places. I confesss that I often join in...)

I'll miss him.

[1]Please - no cheap gags from anyone about how they couldn't have
enjoyed it much if they were pleading with him to stop.
2017-10-03 12:23:27 UTC
...Tom Petty.
Yet another Wilbury has stopped traveling;
I have to be very careful not to Spoonerise that...
[]
Wom Tetty? Wavelling Trilburies? I'm obviously missing something .. AIA?

Radio 4 is the civilising influence in this country ... I think it is the most
important institution in this country. - John Humphrys, Radio Times 7-13/06/2003
Mike
2017-10-03 12:33:11 UTC
...Tom Petty.
Yet another Wilbury has stopped traveling;
I have to be very careful not to Spoonerise that...
[]
Wom Tetty? Wavelling Trilburies? I'm obviously missing something .. AIA?
No, you are not, I am fotally toxed too!
2017-10-03 15:31:09 UTC
...Tom Petty.
Yet another Wilbury has stopped traveling;
I have to be very careful not to Spoonerise that...
[]
Wom Tetty? Wavelling Trilburies? I'm obviously missing something .. AIA?
No, you are not, I am fotally toxed too!
Travelling Wilburies I have heard of but until that was said, it was ‘who’?

2017-10-03 12:43:11 UTC
...Tom Petty.
Yet another Wilbury has stopped traveling;
I have to be very careful not to Spoonerise that...
[]
Wom Tetty? Wavelling Trilburies? I'm obviously missing something .. AIA?
I had to think about it but I take it that it was the idea of a
Wravelling Tilbury (or, even more, an un-wravelling Tilbury), which was
worrying BrritSki...
Am I like the optimist who, when falling ten stories from a building,
says at each story "I'm all right so far"? (Gretel Ehrlich)
Penny
vk
2017-10-03 17:21:06 UTC
...Tom Petty.
Yet another Wilbury has stopped traveling;
It makes me sad that
You won't come around here no more.
Go well and thanks.
They can stand me up at the gates of hell
But I won't back down.

Thanks Tom.