Omni 9 July
2017-07-09 11:10:57 UTC
I may have dropped off and missed something vital, but ISTM that not
much actually happened this week.

OK, Will dropped the "bombshell" about Harrison and some people
sulked. But haven't the results showed that he was right?

Otherwise:

Phoebe is broke and spoiled

Justin doesn't take any notice of Lilian

Harrison is actually fairly sensible with money (yes, he was lucky
that an elderly relative left him something, but he's managed to save
up all on his own. Is this the current government PSA for younger
listeners?)

Fallon is fairly sensible about the fete

Christine has no taste

Jennifer is not as well read as she thinks she is

There's going to be a lot of fuss about some "famous" chefs
2017-07-09 11:26:16 UTC
Post by Fenny
Jennifer is not as well read as she thinks she is
AS I recall she went to a teachers' training college - was her course
for English or another discipline?
tiny.cc/KRWpics
Marjorie
2017-07-09 11:49:32 UTC
Post by Fenny
Jennifer is not as well read as she thinks she is
AS I recall she went to a teachers' training college - was her course
for English or another discipline?
I've just looked in TAE. She trained as a primary school teacher and was
teaching at Hollerton Primary School when she became pregnant in 1966.

Apparently she went on to write several novels and wrote for the
Borchester Echo.
--
Marjorie

To reply, replace dontusethisaddress with marje
Penny
2017-07-09 13:33:29 UTC
On Sun, 9 Jul 2017 12:49:32 +0100, Marjorie
Post by Marjorie
Post by krw
Post by Fenny
Jennifer is not as well read as she thinks she is
AS I recall she went to a teachers' training college - was her course
for English or another discipline?
I've just looked in TAE. She trained as a primary school teacher and was
teaching at Hollerton Primary School when she became pregnant in 1966.
Apparently she went on to write several novels and wrote for the
Borchester Echo.
Hm, I wonder if she, like so many novelists (and presumably editors) thinks
livid means red...

But to be fair on the well-read front, I never read detective fiction. I
only know who Harriet Vane is from radio/TV drama (and possibly from
reading umra).
Peter Percival
2017-07-09 14:20:21 UTC
Hm, I wonder if she, like so many novelists (and presumably editors)
thinks livid means red...
I envy people who can write good porn...
to me what you really mean.
2017-07-09 18:32:39 UTC
Post by Marjorie
Post by Fenny
Jennifer is not as well read as she thinks she is
[]
Post by Marjorie
I've just looked in TAE. She trained as a primary school teacher and
[]
That explains a lot, actually: her bouncy manner, and her good way with
children (such as Brian).

Do ministers do more than lay people?