minor spoiler 3rd Oct
2017-10-04 09:46:44 UTC
I'm confused. Apart from the odd frenchman, and I thought that was
banned by the EU, how can wine be not vegan?
krw
2017-10-04 09:53:12 UTC

Wine is rarely vegan: https://www.peta.org/about-peta/faq/is-wine-vegan/

tiny.cc/KRWpics
DavidK
2017-10-04 13:32:32 UTC
On 04/10/17 10:53, krw wrote:
> On 04/10/2017 10:46, DavidK wrote; my response is lower down:
>> I'm confused. Apart from the odd frenchman, and I thought that was
>> banned by the EU, how can wine be not vegan?
>
> Wine is rarely vegan: https://www.peta.org/about-peta/faq/is-wine-vegan/

Thank you all, I'm an iota more educated now. (I do not wish to rank
iota, delta and epsilon).
John Ashby
2017-10-04 16:27:48 UTC
On 04/10/17 14:32, DavidK wrote:
> On 04/10/17 10:53, krw wrote:
>> On 04/10/2017 10:46, DavidK wrote; my response is lower down:
>>> I'm confused. Apart from the odd frenchman, and I thought that was
>>> banned by the EU, how can wine be not vegan?
>>
>> Wine is rarely vegan: https://www.peta.org/about-peta/faq/is-wine-vegan/
>>

> Thank you all, I'm an iota more educated now. (I do not wish to rank
> iota, delta and epsilon).

Given an $\epsilon > 0 \exists \delta s.t. \ellipsis$

john (sorry, knee jerk even 43 years after first year analysis lectures)
J. P. Gilliver (John)
2017-10-04 09:52:35 UTC
In message <***@mid.individual.net>, DavidK
<***@invalid.invalid> writes:
>I'm confused. Apart from the odd frenchman, and I thought that was
>banned by the EU, how can wine be not vegan?

Additives, I think.

"Does Barbie come with Ken?"
"Barbie comes with G.I. Joe. She fakes it with Ken." - anonymous
Mike
2017-10-04 10:25:14 UTC
DavidK <***@invalid.invalid> wrote:
> I'm confused. Apart from the odd frenchman, and I thought that was
> banned by the EU, how can wine be not vegan?

Is the odd French man incorporated (in the say way as the odd rodent I
suppose) in the wine making?!

2017-10-04 13:30:45 UTC

I may be thinking of brandy and cider, or was that a leg of beef?
Penny
2017-10-04 10:30:51 UTC
On Wed, 4 Oct 2017 10:46:44 +0100, DavidK <***@invalid.invalid> scrawled
in the dust...

>I'm confused. Apart from the odd frenchman, and I thought that was
>banned by the EU, how can wine be not vegan?

Same reason as beer.
Finings are usually animal products.

2017-10-04 17:01:03 UTC
On Wed, 04 Oct 2017 11:30:51 +0100, Penny <***@labyrinth.freeuk.com>
wrote:

>On Wed, 4 Oct 2017 10:46:44 +0100, DavidK <***@invalid.invalid> scrawled
>in the dust...
>
>>I'm confused. Apart from the odd frenchman, and I thought that was
>>banned by the EU, how can wine be not vegan?
>
>Same reason as beer.
>Finings are usually animal products.

And you probably can't rule out the odd crushed creepy crawlie in the
mix somewhere along the line.