UMRA birthday info for 1 August 2017
Add Reply
Birthday Monitor
2017-08-01 06:17:02 UTC
Birthday News for today, 1 August: Btms and Kirsten Watson.
2017-08-01 06:29:27 UTC
Post by Birthday Monitor
Birthday News for today, 1 August: Btms and Kirsten Watson.
We are off to Cornwall..........but only for the day! Wind looks good for
surfing; my equivalent of reaching an age to wear purple. We were at the
RAF Club on Sunday and they gave me chocolates and champagne 😊. Mr Btms
has bought me a beautiful bone china teapot with matching cup and saucer
from Fortnums and a silver tea strainer*. Table booked at Le Manoir with
sons and will do something similar with dils, plus a picnic with grand
children. This birthday could run and run.

I think I'll stay six forever and ever.

*we both espouse tea bags
2017-08-01 06:50:55 UTC
Post by Birthday Monitor
Birthday News for today, 1 August: Btms and Kirsten Watson.
We are off to Cornwall..........but only for the day! Wind looks good for
surfing; my equivalent of reaching an age to wear purple. We were at the
RAF Club on Sunday and they gave me chocolates and champagne 😊. Mr Btms
has bought me a beautiful bone china teapot with matching cup and saucer
from Fortnums and a silver tea strainer*. Table booked at Le Manoir with
sons and will do something similar with dils, plus a picnic with grand
children. This birthday could run and run.
I think I'll stay six forever and ever.
*we both espouse tea bags
A pedant writes: I think you may mean eschew rather than espouse.

Many happy returns! The best birthdays are those that run on and on. And
I hope there will be pics of the surfing...
2017-08-01 08:32:28 UTC
Post by Birthday Monitor
Birthday News for today, 1 August: Btms and Kirsten Watson.
We are off to Cornwall..........but only for the day! Wind looks good for
surfing; my equivalent of reaching an age to wear purple. We were at the
RAF Club on Sunday and they gave me chocolates and champagne 😊. Mr Btms
has bought me a beautiful bone china teapot with matching cup and saucer
from Fortnums and a silver tea strainer*. Table booked at Le Manoir with
sons and will do something similar with dils, plus a picnic with grand
children. This birthday could run and run.
I think I'll stay six forever and ever.
*we both espouse tea bags
Have a very happy birthday and enjoy it all! Happy birthday to Kirsten,
as well!
Friendship isn't a big thing; it's a million little things (Anon)
Chris McMillan
2017-08-01 10:11:17 UTC
Post by Birthday Monitor
Birthday News for today, 1 August: Btms and Kirsten Watson.
We are off to Cornwall..........but only for the day! Wind looks good for
surfing; my equivalent of reaching an age to wear purple. We were at the
RAF Club on Sunday and they gave me chocolates and champagne 😊. Mr Btms
has bought me a beautiful bone china teapot with matching cup and saucer
from Fortnums and a silver tea strainer*. Table booked at Le Manoir with
sons and will do something similar with dils, plus a picnic with grand
children. This birthday could run and run.
I think I'll stay six forever and ever.
*we both espouse tea bags
That's a seriously long day out, BTMS. Hope it's not raining all day!

2017-08-01 11:13:44 UTC
On Tue, 1 Aug 2017 06:29:27 -0000 (UTC), Btms <***@thetames.me.uk>
Table booked at Le Manoir with
sons and will do something similar with dils, plus a picnic with grand
children. This birthday could run and run.
Wow! Three meals 'out' for one birthday.
(wondering why dils don't rate a meal with their husbads)
2017-08-01 19:39:01 UTC
Table booked at Le Manoir with
sons and will do something similar with dils, plus a picnic with grand
children. This birthday could run and run.
Wow! Three meals 'out' for one birthday.
(wondering why dils don't rate a meal with their husbads)
Its childcare probs.
2017-08-01 21:00:27 UTC
Table booked at Le Manoir with
sons and will do something similar with dils, plus a picnic with grand
children. This birthday could run and run.
Wow! Three meals 'out' for one birthday.
(wondering why dils don't rate a meal with their husbads)
Its childcare probs.
I only know how to put a photo on twitter. 😀
2017-08-01 21:47:52 UTC
On Tue, 1 Aug 2017 21:00:27 -0000 (UTC), Btms <***@thetames.me.uk>
Table booked at Le Manoir with
sons and will do something similar with dils, plus a picnic with grand
children. This birthday could run and run.
Wow! Three meals 'out' for one birthday.
(wondering why dils don't rate a meal with their husbads)
Its childcare probs.
I only know how to put a photo on twitter. ?
Well if your twitter isn't set to 'private' you can post a link to it here.
2017-08-02 06:24:15 UTC
Table booked at Le Manoir with
sons and will do something similar with dils, plus a picnic with grand
children. This birthday could run and run.
Wow! Three meals 'out' for one birthday.
(wondering why dils don't rate a meal with their husbads)
Its childcare probs.
I only know how to put a photo on twitter. ?
Well if your twitter isn't set to 'private' you can post a link to it here.
I will try. Thank you.
Jane Vernon
2017-08-02 17:37:42 UTC
Table booked at Le Manoir with
sons and will do something similar with dils, plus a picnic with grand
children. This birthday could run and run.
Wow! Three meals 'out' for one birthday.
(wondering why dils don't rate a meal with their husbads)
Its childcare probs.
How young are the children? My granddaughter, who was three at the
time, loved the lunch at Le Manoir. They are great with children there,
too.
--
Jane
BTME

2017-08-02 20:41:37 UTC
On Wed, 2 Aug 2017 18:37:42 +0100, Jane Vernon
Post by Jane Vernon
Table booked at Le Manoir with
sons and will do something similar with dils, plus a picnic with grand
children. This birthday could run and run.
Wow! Three meals 'out' for one birthday.
(wondering why dils don't rate a meal with their husbads)
Its childcare probs.
How young are the children? My granddaughter, who was three at the
time, loved the lunch at Le Manoir. They are great with children there,
too.
My grandchildren have always been included. Grandson now 11 and
grandson who will be a year next month, and two-year old
granddaughter, all from birth. They either sleep in their buggy or we
play pass the baby, or someone eats one-handed, or they sit in a
highchair when big enough.

I can recall the 11 year old has had a few meltdowns, over choice of
food or other things, and on one occasion dad took him outside and had
a word and he came back in and was angelic. I would love to know what
was said :). Granddaughter began to move around the venue when able
and Capt Ex enjoyed trailing her. We are not in places as expensive
as Le Manoir though, mostly Strada or pubs.
2017-08-02 22:19:28 UTC
Post by Jane Vernon
[...]
Well, we took some of them to the Hard Rock Cafe in Piccadilly on Sunday;
the others to the beach & dinner at the St Enodoc Hotel yesterday & they
are altogether for a picnic with child focused activity this Sunday. I
feel glad to be having some adult only time on one day.
2017-08-03 00:00:55 UTC
On Wed, 2 Aug 2017 22:19:28 -0000 (UTC), Btms <***@thetames.me.uk>
Well, we took some of them to the Hard Rock Cafe in Piccadilly on Sunday;
the others to the beach & dinner at the St Enodoc Hotel yesterday & they
are altogether for a picnic with child focused activity this Sunday. I
feel glad to be having some adult only time on one day.
It's a very rare treat for me to spend time with just my daughters and
something I greatly enjoy when it does happen.
2017-08-03 06:52:16 UTC
Well, we took some of them to the Hard Rock Cafe in Piccadilly on Sunday;
the others to the beach & dinner at the St Enodoc Hotel yesterday & they
are altogether for a picnic with child focused activity this Sunday. I
feel glad to be having some adult only time on one day.
It's a very rare treat for me to spend time with just my daughters and
something I greatly enjoy when it does happen.
Well yes indeed. And the dils and I are planning a Ladies who Lunch when
sons can look after the littlies. I have offered them, their own trip to
Le Manoir which I think they will enjoy more without the children. I will
thats for sure 😊.
2017-08-02 22:13:05 UTC
Post by Jane Vernon
Table booked at Le Manoir with
sons and will do something similar with dils, plus a picnic with grand
children. This birthday could run and run.
Wow! Three meals 'out' for one birthday.
(wondering why dils don't rate a meal with their husbads)
Its childcare probs.
How young are the children? My granddaughter, who was three at the
time, loved the lunch at Le Manoir. They are great with children there,
too.
12, 6, 2x3 & 14 months. Its not my call.
2017-08-03 14:50:24 UTC
They are great with children there, too.
Yes I can vouch for that as well.
tiny.cc/KRWpics
Btms
2017-08-03 16:31:08 UTC
They are great with children there, too.
Yes I can vouch for that as well.
No doubt.......but I don't want them there.
2017-08-03 14:49:28 UTC
Table booked at Le Manoir
I hope you have a good meal. Wofe was most disappointed on her last
visit and in consequence we have not been since then. (Her last visit
was for a friend's special birthday and she thought some of the food was
"ordinary"). Please let us know.
tiny.cc/KRWpics
Btms
2017-08-03 16:31:08 UTC
Table booked at Le Manoir
I hope you have a good meal. Wofe was most disappointed on her last
visit and in consequence we have not been since then. (Her last visit
was for a friend's special birthday and she thought some of the food was
"ordinary"). Please let us know.
I will. My favourite eating has been in Northern France. If the service
is spoiling I may be easily pleased. Well, I am Leo 😏
Jane Vernon
2017-08-01 06:56:19 UTC
Post by Birthday Monitor
Birthday News for today, 1 August: Btms and Kirsten Watson.
Happy Birthday, Bottoms! and Kirsten too, if you're lurking.
--
Jane
BTME

2017-08-01 06:56:24 UTC
Post by Birthday Monitor
Birthday News for today, 1 August: Btms and Kirsten Watson.
Many Happy Hippoes bottoms! And I hope that Poppy has baked you a suitable
cake.
2017-08-01 08:04:03 UTC
On Tue, 1 Aug 2017 06:17:02 +0000 (UTC), Birthday Monitor
Post by Birthday Monitor
Birthday News for today, 1 August: Btms and Kirsten Watson.
Have a good one, Kirsten and Btms.
2017-08-01 09:42:40 UTC
Post by Birthday Monitor
Birthday News for today, 1 August: Btms and Kirsten Watson.
Many happy returns of what I hope will be a splendid day for you both.
(Is anyone in touch with Kirsten to pass on messages if she doesn't drop
in?)
2017-08-01 10:09:25 UTC
Post by Birthday Monitor
Birthday News for today, 1 August: Btms and Kirsten Watson.
Long time since Kirsten appeared here.

2017-08-01 11:01:13 UTC
Post by Birthday Monitor
Birthday News for today, 1 August: Btms and Kirsten Watson.
Many Happies, Bottoms :-)
2017-08-02 08:27:17 UTC
Post by Birthday Monitor
Birthday News for today, 1 August: Btms and Kirsten Watson.
Belated happy birthday, Bottoms, old thing! (Sorry to have missed the day.)
2017-08-02 22:13:05 UTC
Post by Birthday Monitor
Birthday News for today, 1 August: Btms and Kirsten Watson.
Belated happy birthday, Bottoms, old thing! (Sorry to have missed the day.)
Not at all; it seems to be like a royal tour.....events go on and on. Just
back from 24 hours in Cornwall and a grandchildrens' event on Sunday.

Your exhausted bottoms.....