Discussion:
Spoiler - Big Question
(too old to reply)
Serena Blanchflower
2018-02-23 19:52:38 UTC
Permalink
Raw Message
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
. Spoiler Space
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

Does Will have the generosity to want to or, if necessary to fight to,
keep Jake and Mia. If not, I assume they will have to go to their
granny, Beverley; I don't think we've heard any mention of their Dad
(Andrew?) for a long time.


--
Best wishes, Serena
Q. What do you call a man with a bulldozer on his head?
A. Squashed
Fenny
2018-02-23 21:42:32 UTC
Permalink
Raw Message
On Fri, 23 Feb 2018 19:52:38 +0000, Serena Blanchflower
<***@blanchflower.me.uk> wrote:

>
>.
>.
>.
>.
>.
>.
>.
>.
>.
>.
>.
>.
>.
>.
>. Spoiler Space
>.
>.
>.
>.
>.
>.
>.
>.
>.
>.
>.
>.
>.
>.
>.
>.
>.
>
>Does Will have the generosity to want to or, if necessary to fight to,
>keep Jake and Mia. If not, I assume they will have to go to their
>granny, Beverley; I don't think we've heard any mention of their Dad
>(Andrew?) for a long time.

We've never heard whether he formally adopted them. Mia wanted her
"Daddy".
--
Fenny
Serena Blanchflower
2018-02-23 22:04:02 UTC
Permalink
Raw Message
On 23/02/2018 21:42, Fenny wrote:
> On Fri, 23 Feb 2018 19:52:38 +0000, Serena Blanchflower
> <***@blanchflower.me.uk> wrote:
>
>>
>> .
>> .
>> .
>> .
>> .
>> .
>> .
>> .
>> .
>> .
>> .
>> .
>> .
>> .
>> . Spoiler Space
>> .
>> .
>> .
>> .
>> .
>> .
>> .
>> .
>> .
>> .
>> .
>> .
>> .
>> .
>> .
>> .
>> .
>>
>> Does Will have the generosity to want to or, if necessary to fight to,
>> keep Jake and Mia. If not, I assume they will have to go to their
>> granny, Beverley; I don't think we've heard any mention of their Dad
>> (Andrew?) for a long time.
>
> We've never heard whether he formally adopted them. Mia wanted her
> "Daddy".
>

It would be surprising if he had, as their father is still alive and
certainly used to see them occasionally. He will definitely be their
Daddy, in all the important ways, by now though.

--
Best wishes, Serena
I have become my own version of an optimist. If I can't make it through
one door, I'll go through another door - or I'll make a door. Something
terrific will come no matter how dark the present. (Rabindranath Tagore)
BrritSki
2018-02-24 08:25:01 UTC
Permalink
Raw Message
On 23/02/2018 20:52, Serena Blanchflower wrote:
>
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .            Spoiler Space
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
>
> Does Will have the generosity to want to or, if necessary to fight to,
> keep Jake and Mia.  If not, I assume they will have to go to their
> granny, Beverley; I don't think we've heard any mention of their Dad
> (Andrew?) for a long time.
>
>
Blimey, I didn't see that coming !

So Farewell then...
Young Nic,
Off to meet Old Nick
you feared.

You left Will,
But have you left a will ?

And did you have Life Insurance
So whiny Will has even more money to boast about
but still not enough to fill the hole in his heart.
J. P. Gilliver (John)
2018-02-24 13:46:01 UTC
Permalink
Raw Message
In message <***@mid.individual.net>, BrritSki
<***@gmail.com> writes:
>On 23/02/2018 20:52, Serena Blanchflower wrote:
>> .
>> .
>> .
>> .
>> .
>> .
>> .
>> .
>> .
>> .
>> .
>> .
>> .
>> .
>> .            Spoiler Space
>> .
>> .
>> .
>> .
>> .
>> .
>> .
>> .
>> .
>> .
>> .
>> .
>> .
>> .
>> .
>> .
>> .
>> Does Will have the generosity to want to or, if necessary to fight
>>to, keep Jake and Mia.  If not, I assume they will have to go to

I don't _think_ we've ever seen _much_ affection from him to them (but
then not to anyone else, really).

Will Ednemma now try to take more of George? I'm sure they'd like to,
but equally sore that they've arranged their lives around the current
arrangement and can't easily.

>>their granny, Beverley; I don't think we've heard any mention of
>>their Dad (Andrew?) for a long time.
(I certainly haven't.)
>>
>Blimey, I didn't see that coming !

Nor did I! Quite Grace-eous, I wonder if the best friend wanted out - or
of course even knew!
>
>So Farewell then...
>Young Nic,
>Off to meet Old Nick
>you feared.
>
>You left Will,
>But have you left a will ?
>
>And did you have Life Insurance
>So whiny Will has even more money to boast about

If yes to both, did she make provision that it goes only to Jake and Mia
(and George), with not a penny to Will?

>but still not enough to fill the hole in his heart.
>
I genuinely don't know about that: I've never felt his feelings for her
were all that genuine. OK, he does seem distressed at the moment. But
I've always felt he saw her as part of his life but in the same way as
the house or car, rather than a soulmate. (Quite apart from our recent
discussions of how controlling he is - whenever she wanted to do
anything unexpected, like work.)
--
J. P. Gilliver. UMRA: 1960/<1985 MB++G()AL-IS-Ch++(p)***@T+H+Sh0!:`)DNAf

Not all those who wander are lost - J.R.R. Tolkien
Serena Blanchflower
2018-02-24 14:07:07 UTC
Permalink
Raw Message
On 24/02/2018 13:46, J. P. Gilliver (John) wrote:
> In message <***@mid.individual.net>, BrritSki
> <***@gmail.com> writes:
>> On 23/02/2018 20:52, Serena Blanchflower wrote:
>>>  .
>>> .
>>> .
>>> .
>>> .
>>> .
>>> .
>>> .
>>> .
>>> .
>>> .
>>> .
>>> .
>>> .
>>> .            Spoiler Space
>>> .
>>> .
>>> .
>>> .
>>> .
>>> .
>>> .
>>> .
>>> .
>>> .
>>> .
>>> .
>>> .
>>> .
>>> .
>>> .
>>> .
>>>  Does Will have the generosity to want to or, if necessary to fight
>>> to,  keep Jake and Mia.  If not, I assume they will have to go to
>
> I don't _think_ we've ever seen _much_ affection from him to them (but
> then not to anyone else, really).
>
> Will Ednemma now try to take more of George? I'm sure they'd like to,
> but equally sore that they've arranged their lives around the current
> arrangement and can't easily.
>
>>> their  granny, Beverley; I don't think we've heard any mention of
>>> their Dad  (Andrew?) for a long time.
> (I certainly haven't.)
>>>
>> Blimey, I didn't see that coming !
>
> Nor did I! Quite Grace-eous, I wonder if the best friend wanted out - or
> of course even knew!

I did. I'd thought for a few days that the focus on Nic's relationships
with everyone around her seemed to be setting her up for a big good bye.

That's a good question about what her best friend wanted - and knew -
about it!



--
Best wishes, Serena
It does not do to leave a live dragon out of your calculations, if you
live near him. (J. R. R. Tolkien)
Mike
2018-02-24 14:17:43 UTC
Permalink
Raw Message
Serena Blanchflower <***@blanchflower.me.uk> wrote:
> On 24/02/2018 13:46, J. P. Gilliver (John) wrote:
>> In message <***@mid.individual.net>, BrritSki
>> <***@gmail.com> writes:
>>> On 23/02/2018 20:52, Serena Blanchflower wrote:
>>>>  .
>>>> .
>>>> .
>>>> .
>>>> .
>>>> .
>>>> .
>>>> .
>>>> .
>>>> .
>>>> .
>>>> .
>>>> .
>>>> .
>>>> .            Spoiler Space
>>>> .
>>>> .
>>>> .
>>>> .
>>>> .
>>>> .
>>>> .
>>>> .
>>>> .
>>>> .
>>>> .
>>>> .
>>>> .
>>>> .
>>>> .
>>>> .
>>>> .
>>>>  Does Will have the generosity to want to or, if necessary to fight
>>>> to,  keep Jake and Mia.  If not, I assume they will have to go to
>>
>> I don't _think_ we've ever seen _much_ affection from him to them (but
>> then not to anyone else, really).
>>
>> Will Ednemma now try to take more of George? I'm sure they'd like to,
>> but equally sore that they've arranged their lives around the current
>> arrangement and can't easily.
>>
>>>> their  granny, Beverley; I don't think we've heard any mention of
>>>> their Dad  (Andrew?) for a long time.
>> (I certainly haven't.)
>>>>
>>> Blimey, I didn't see that coming !
>>
>> Nor did I! Quite Grace-eous, I wonder if the best friend wanted out - or
>> of course even knew!
>
> I did. I'd thought for a few days that the focus on Nic's relationships
> with everyone around her seemed to be setting her up for a big good bye.
>
> That's a good question about what her best friend wanted - and knew -
> about it!
>
>
>

Oh! Hello there Nigel, I didn’t see you there!

--
Toodle Pip
Chris McMillan
2018-02-24 18:02:34 UTC
Permalink
Raw Message
BrritSki <***@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 23/02/2018 20:52, Serena Blanchflower wrote:
>>
>> .
>> .
>> .
>> .
>> .
>> .
>> .
>> .
>> .
>> .
>> .
>> .
>> .
>> .
>> .            Spoiler Space
>> .
>> .
>> .
>> .
>> .
>> .
>> .
>> .
>> .
>> .
>> .
>> .
>> .
>> .
>> .
>> .
>> .
>>
>> Does Will have the generosity to want to or, if necessary to fight to,
>> keep Jake and Mia.  If not, I assume they will have to go to their
>> granny, Beverley; I don't think we've heard any mention of their Dad
>> (Andrew?) for a long time.
>>
>>
> Blimey, I didn't see that coming !
>
> So Farewell then...
> Young Nic,
> Off to meet Old Nick
> you feared.
>
> You left Will,
> But have you left a will ?
>
> And did you have Life Insurance
> So whiny Will has even more money to boast about
> but still not enough to fill the hole in his heart.
>
>

Thought that was going to be a Sid verse, well done Britters.

Sincerely Chris
Chris McMillan
2018-02-24 18:02:34 UTC
Permalink
Raw Message
Serena Blanchflower <***@blanchflower.me.uk> wrote:
>
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> . Spoiler Space
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
>
> Does Will have the generosity to want to or, if necessary to fight to,
> keep Jake and Mia. If not, I assume they will have to go to their
> granny, Beverley; I don't think we've heard any mention of their Dad
> (Andrew?) for a long time.
>
>

Nor of Beverley. Had forgotten Nic had an ex, never mind his name. Too
little of Nic before she was dealt with. I see this as another Niggle
moment.

Sincerely Chris
Vicky
2018-02-24 18:34:20 UTC
Permalink
Raw Message
On Sat, 24 Feb 2018 18:02:34 GMT, Chris McMillan
<***@ntlworld.com> wrote:

>Serena Blanchflower <***@blanchflower.me.uk> wrote:
>>
>> .
>> .
>> .
>> .
>> .
>> .
>> .
>> .
>> .
>> .
>> .
>> .
>> .
>> .
>> . Spoiler Space
>> .
>> .
>> .
>> .
>> .
>> .
>> .
>> .
>> .
>> .
>> .
>> .
>> .
>> .
>> .
>> .
>> .
>>
>> Does Will have the generosity to want to or, if necessary to fight to,
>> keep Jake and Mia. If not, I assume they will have to go to their
>> granny, Beverley; I don't think we've heard any mention of their Dad
>> (Andrew?) for a long time.
>>
>>
>
>Nor of Beverley. Had forgotten Nic had an ex, never mind his name. Too
>little of Nic before she was dealt with. I see this as another Niggle
>moment.
>
>Sincerely Chris


Just seen a post pointing out that Nic was cleaning the children's
trainers with the cut on her hand. Could they have been contaminated
by the stuff from the pollution of the Am?

Alternatively, Nic was behaving out of character when she was nasty to
Emma in tbe Bull and later when she refused to make it up. Could she
already have been ill from pollution and that weakened her resistance
to the sepsis? Will they do a PM? Either of those would be Brian's
fault.

Nic will now be seen by all of Ambridge as an angel. She did do a lot
of good community things; The nativity play, church flowers? Friendly
bar maid. Helping Emma during the election. Calming Will down. Will
they make a pile of flowers and teddy bears outside The Bull in her
memory, to Jolene's embarassment?

--

Vicky
Loading...