spoiler weds pm
2018-05-16 22:05:21 UTC
Ooooerrrr! All on Shula’s terms them?
steveski
2018-05-17 00:33:21 UTC
Ooooerrrr! All on Shula’s terms them?
As it has been since this started . . .
2018-05-17 00:48:22 UTC
Ooooerrrr! All on Shula’s terms them?
As it has been since this started . . .
Eiden oh: I've been _slightly_ more on Shula's "side" over this. But
now, she's being totally unreasonable.

That's how he [Dr. Who] seems to me. He's always been someone who gets the
/Guardian/. There are some parts of the universe where it's harder to get hold
of. - Peter Capaldi (current incumbent Doctor), RT 2016/11/26-12/2
Serena Blanchflower
2018-05-17 07:57:28 UTC
Ooooerrrr!  All on Shula’s terms them?
As it has been since this started . . .
Eiden oh: I've been _slightly_ more on Shula's "side" over this. But
now, she's being totally unreasonable.
Same here. I'm hoping that she'll pour her heart out to Kenton and that
he will point out how unreasonable she's being. He's the one person she
might listen to.
Serenity isn't freedom from the storm; it is peace within the storm...
(anon)
J. P. Gilliver (John)
2018-05-17 09:17:33 UTC
Ooooerrrr!  All on Shula’s terms them?
As it has been since this started . . .
Eiden oh: I've been _slightly_ more on Shula's "side" over this. But
now, she's being totally unreasonable.
Same here. I'm hoping that she'll pour her heart out to Kenton and
that he will point out how unreasonable she's being. He's the one
person she might listen to.
Oh yes; Kenton just needs to say something like "way to go, Al" when she
tells him ...

Every kid starts out as a natural-born scientist, and then we beat it out of
them. A few trickle through the system with their wonder and enthusiasm for
science intact. - Carl Sagan (interview w. Psychology Today published '96-1-1)
Chris McMillan
2018-05-17 15:27:18 UTC
Ooooerrrr!  All on Shula’s terms them?
As it has been since this started . . .
Eiden oh: I've been _slightly_ more on Shula's "side" over this. But
now, she's being totally unreasonable.
Same here. I'm hoping that she'll pour her heart out to Kenton and that
he will point out how unreasonable she's being. He's the one person she
might listen to.
Fat lot of help Kenton’s been so far: all he wanted to do was to help her
spend Caroline’s legacy on a fast car.

2018-05-17 09:50:41 UTC
Ooooerrrr!  All on Shula’s terms them?
As it has been since this started . . .
Eiden oh: I've been _slightly_ more on Shula's "side" over this. But
now, she's being totally unreasonable.
Hang on.
a) They are still married so he is "having an affair" and
b) He regrets it.

She is seeing it as a betrayal of the marriage contract and she can now
sue for divorce on the grounds of his admitted adultery.
2018-05-17 10:29:51 UTC
Ooooerrrr!  All on Shula’s terms them?
As it has been since this started . . .
Eiden oh: I've been _slightly_ more on Shula's "side" over this. But
now, she's being totally unreasonable.
Hang on.
a) They are still married so he is "having an affair" and
b) He regrets it.
She is seeing it as a betrayal of the marriage contract and she can now
sue for divorce on the grounds of his admitted adultery.
Could he counter with unreasonable behaviour? The whole village could
be witnesses. She wanted the marriage to be over and didn't want to
try and save it. Then she was the one began mentioning divorce.
krw
2018-05-17 10:42:26 UTC
Ooooerrrr!  All on Shula’s terms them?
As it has been since this started . . .
Eiden oh: I've been _slightly_ more on Shula's "side" over this. But
now, she's being totally unreasonable.
Hang on.
a) They are still married so he is "having an affair" and
b) He regrets it.
She is seeing it as a betrayal of the marriage contract and she can now
sue for divorce on the grounds of his admitted adultery.
Could he counter with unreasonable behaviour? The whole village could
be witnesses. She wanted the marriage to be over and didn't want to
try and save it. Then she was the one began mentioning divorce.
She told the village it was mutual.
2018-05-17 12:55:14 UTC
Ooooerrrr!  All on Shula’s terms them?
As it has been since this started . . .
Eiden oh: I've been _slightly_ more on Shula's "side" over this. But
now, she's being totally unreasonable.
Hang on.
a) They are still married so he is "having an affair" and
b) He regrets it.
She is seeing it as a betrayal of the marriage contract and she can now
sue for divorce on the grounds of his admitted adultery.
Shula has told all and sundry the marriage is over and complained that
Alistair won’t accept it. How can she now complain, as in her view the
marriage has irretrievably broken down, albeit the law will take time to
accept this.
2018-05-17 15:19:24 UTC
Ooooerrrr!  All on Shula’s terms them?
As it has been since this started . . .
Eiden oh: I've been _slightly_ more on Shula's "side" over this. But
now, she's being totally unreasonable.
Hang on.
a) They are still married so he is "having an affair" and
Shula has made it extremely clear that, so far as she is concerned, the
marriage is over. It seems to me that that means he should be
considered free to have dalliances (or more) elsewhere.
Post by krw
b) He regrets it.
She is seeing it as a betrayal of the marriage contract and she can now
sue for divorce on the grounds of his admitted adultery.
Only if she wants to perjure herself. To get a divorce on the grounds
of adultery, not only does your partner have to have committed adultery
but you have to claim that this has caused the irretrievable breakdown
of your marriage.

Given that Shula has been loudly claiming that the marriage has been
irretrievably broken down for some time, it would be hard for her to
claim that it was Alistair's adultery which broke it.
I always have a quotation for everything - it saves original thinking
(Dorothy L. Sayers)
Nick Odell
2018-05-17 18:38:17 UTC
Post by krw
b) He regrets it.
She is seeing it as a betrayal of the marriage contract and she can
now sue for divorce on the grounds of his admitted adultery.
Only if she wants to perjure herself.  To get a divorce on the grounds
of adultery, not only does your partner have to have committed adultery
but you have to claim that this has caused the irretrievable breakdown
of your marriage.
Given that Shula has been loudly claiming that the marriage has been
irretrievably broken down for some time, it would be hard for her to
claim that it was Alistair's adultery which broke it.
With all the current discussion around Parliament about no fault divorce
do you suppose the TA editor has slipped in this storyline in the hopes
that some bright MP may publicise TA by dubbing it "Shula's Law"?

2018-05-17 20:49:54 UTC
On Thu, 17 May 2018 19:38:17 +0100, Nick Odell
Post by krw
b) He regrets it.
She is seeing it as a betrayal of the marriage contract and she can
now sue for divorce on the grounds of his admitted adultery.
Only if she wants to perjure herself.  To get a divorce on the grounds
of adultery, not only does your partner have to have committed adultery
but you have to claim that this has caused the irretrievable breakdown
of your marriage.
Given that Shula has been loudly claiming that the marriage has been
irretrievably broken down for some time, it would be hard for her to
claim that it was Alistair's adultery which broke it.
With all the current discussion around Parliament about no fault divorce
do you suppose the TA editor has slipped in this storyline in the hopes
that some bright MP may publicise TA by dubbing it "Shula's Law"?
Nick
Hasn't no fault divorce, divorce because of breakdown of the marriage,
been around since the 70s?
Serena Blanchflower
2018-05-17 21:12:03 UTC
Hasn't no fault divorce, divorce because of breakdown of the marriage,
been around since the 70s?
Yes, but only if you're prepared to wait two years (if both of you
agree) or five years (without consent). I think the move is to allow
faster no fault divorce.
SODAM
2018-05-19 15:01:45 UTC
Hasn't no fault divorce, divorce because of breakdown of the marriage,
been around since the 70s?
Yes, but only if you're prepared to wait two years (if both of you
agree) or five years (without consent). I think the move is to allow
faster no fault divorce.
Shula’s hypocrisy is staggering. She wants Alistair to accept that the
marriage is over but when he does and acts like a newly-freed man, she goes
crying to the vicar. Shula can’t have it both ways - she either wants to be
married, or not. The cretinous storylines this week reached a new low. And
as for the “comedy” on Friday....words fail me.

Obviously the PTF has been working overtime and the SSI (stupid storyline
instigator).
--
SODAM
The thinking umrat’s choice for editor
agsmith578688@gmail.com Tony Smith Prestbury
2018-05-19 15:26:32 UTC
When I was dumped by the woman I still love, I was undoubtedly free to see one of our friends.
Vicky Ayech
2018-05-19 16:50:46 UTC
Post by ***@gmail.com Tony Smith Prestbury
Post by Serena Blanchflower
Shula has made it extremely clear that, so far as she is concerned, the
marriage is over. It seems to me that that means he should be
considered free to have dalliances (or more) elsewhere.
When I was dumped by the woman I still love, I was undoubtedly free to see one of our friends.
Sounds fair. And, as Alan pointed out, she was more concerned about
being embarrased than cared about Snappy.

Btms
2018-05-17 06:47:29 UTC
Ooooerrrr! All on Shula’s terms them?
As it has been since this started . . .
It was intended as ironic. Only the other day Alan told her it wasn’t for
her to tell Alistair how to react to her decision. Or, something like
this. Alistair doesn’t seem aware of how Shula is dictating terms, or is
he?
2018-05-17 09:52:43 UTC
Alistair doesn’t seem aware of how Shula is dictating terms, or is
he?
Very much so. She has not been willing to compromise or find a
solution. So when a woman who is obviously good at spreading her legs
as most horse riders presumably can was he wrong not to take advantage?

Judging by the text messages she needs her mount looking at again tonight.
2018-05-17 10:27:53 UTC
Alistair doesn’t seem aware of how Shula is dictating terms, or is
he?
Very much so. She has not been willing to compromise or find a
solution. So when a woman who is obviously good at spreading her legs
as most horse riders presumably can was he wrong not to take advantage?
Judging by the text messages she needs her mount looking at again tonight.
Did Dr Death ride, apart from Shula?