Ambridge Observer
2017-10-01 11:15:42 UTC
Nothing on the website (yet) but a lengthy summary post for the week on
facebook (probably visible to everyone).
<https://www.facebook.com/AmbridgeObserver/posts/941434125997016>

I do hope this isn't the end of the newspaper style which I rather liked.
2017-10-01 11:40:41 UTC
Nothing on the website (yet) but a lengthy summary post for the week on
facebook (probably visible to everyone).
<https://www.facebook.com/AmbridgeObserver/posts/941434125997016>
Yes it is. (Though Facebook pesters mightily)
Post by Penny
I do hope this isn't the end of the newspaper style which I rather liked.
Me too. I don't like Facebook pestering and I do enjoy the articles.

2017-10-01 14:05:29 UTC
Post by Penny
I do hope this isn't the end of the newspaper style which I rather liked.
Me too. I don't like Facebook pestering and I do enjoy the articles.
Nick
Thanks for the link, Penny. It read OK for me with minimal pestering: I
suspect my hosts file was responsible for that. (And I enjoyed it too.
Yes, Lexi's name _was_ well-chosen - it just seemed right; thinking
about it, I can't actually think what it's short for, though I'll freely
admit I don't know a lot of eastern-European forenames.)

"Dook, that was great but I think the line needs
awe. Can you do it again, giving it just a little awe?"

"Sure, George," said Wayne and looking up at the cross said:
"Aw, truly this man is the son of God."
(recounted in Radio Times, 30 March-5 April 2013.)
Penny
2017-10-01 14:25:05 UTC
On Sun, 1 Oct 2017 15:05:29 +0100, "J. P. Gilliver (John)"
Post by J. P. Gilliver (John)
Yes, Lexi's name _was_ well-chosen - it just seemed right; thinking
about it, I can't actually think what it's short for, though I'll freely
admit I don't know a lot of eastern-European forenames.)
"...the well-named Lexi Viktorova"
I think it was her surname which was considered well-chosen since she beat
Jenny to the desserts prize in the F&P show.

I'd assumed Lexi to be a shortened form of Alexandra or Aleksandra BIMBAM.
2017-10-01 15:51:49 UTC
Post by Penny
I do hope this isn't the end of the newspaper style which I rather liked.
Me too. I don't like Facebook pestering and I do enjoy the articles.
Nick
Thanks for the link, Penny. It read OK for me with minimal pestering: I
suspect my hosts file was responsible for that. (And I enjoyed it too.
Yes, Lexi's name _was_ well-chosen - it just seemed right; thinking
about it, I can't actually think what it's short for, though I'll freely
admit I don't know a lot of eastern-European forenames.)
I think she said the full name was Alexi or Alexandra.
2017-10-01 15:55:21 UTC
Post by Penny
I do hope this isn't the end of the newspaper style which I rather liked.
Me too. I don't like Facebook pestering and I do enjoy the articles.
Nick
Thanks for the link, Penny. It read OK for me with minimal pestering: I
suspect my hosts file was responsible for that. (And I enjoyed it too.
Yes, Lexi's name _was_ well-chosen - it just seemed right; thinking
about it, I can't actually think what it's short for, though I'll freely
admit I don't know a lot of eastern-European forenames.)
At the picker v village cricket match on the 27th August, Lexi told Joe
that her name was Alexandra Viktorova. On departing, he gamely attempted
to say goodbye using her full name, as is his way.

That was the first time that we'd heard her surname and full first name.
2017-10-01 17:09:40 UTC
Post by Penny
I do hope this isn't the end of the newspaper style which I rather liked.
Me too. I don't like Facebook pestering and I do enjoy the articles.
Nick
Thanks for the link, Penny. It read OK for me with minimal pestering: I
suspect my hosts file was responsible for that. (And I enjoyed it too.
Yes, Lexi's name _was_ well-chosen - it just seemed right; thinking
about it, I can't actually think what it's short for, though I'll freely
admit I don't know a lot of eastern-European forenames.)
For Czechs ova is the female ending. My father's surnametaking his
father's surname, was Roth. His mother's was Rothova. So Lexi's
fatehr's surname could be Viktor if it is the same in Bulgaria.
2017-10-01 17:14:39 UTC
Post by Penny
I do hope this isn't the end of the newspaper style which I rather liked.
Me too. I don't like Facebook pestering and I do enjoy the articles.
Nick
Thanks for the link, Penny. It read OK for me with minimal pestering: I
suspect my hosts file was responsible for that. (And I enjoyed it too.
Yes, Lexi's name _was_ well-chosen - it just seemed right; thinking
about it, I can't actually think what it's short for, though I'll freely
admit I don't know a lot of eastern-European forenames.)
For Czechs ova is the female ending. My father's surnametaking his
father's surname, was Roth. His mother's was Rothova. So Lexi's
fatehr's surname could be Viktor if it is the same in Bulgaria.
And there was me thinking that ova was where it all starts from!
2017-10-01 19:38:24 UTC
Post by Penny
I do hope this isn't the end of the newspaper style which I rather liked.
Me too. I don't like Facebook pestering and I do enjoy the articles.
Nick
Thanks for the link, Penny. It read OK for me with minimal pestering: I
suspect my hosts file was responsible for that. (And I enjoyed it too.
Yes, Lexi's name _was_ well-chosen - it just seemed right; thinking
about it, I can't actually think what it's short for, though I'll freely
admit I don't know a lot of eastern-European forenames.)
For Czechs ova is the female ending. My father's surnametaking his
father's surname, was Roth. His mother's was Rothova. So Lexi's
fatehr's surname could be Viktor if it is the same in Bulgaria.
And there was me thinking that ova was where it all starts from!
Thanks. I knew the link was there somewhere.
2017-10-01 15:30:15 UTC
On Sun, 1 Oct 2017 12:40:41 +0100, Nick Odell
Post by Penny
I do hope this isn't the end of the newspaper style which I rather liked.
Me too. I don't like Facebook pestering and I do enjoy the articles.
There's a new blog post now
<http://ambridgeobserver.blogspot.co.id/2017/10/darrington-nick-win-burns-nicks-no-one.html>