Village Fête - OP
2017-07-27 07:59:31 UTC

I would like to make an OP that, not only will the Duxford sisters turn
up to open the fête worse than death, as planned but, having been
getting stick for the amount of waste they produce, they will take the
opportunity to announce that all excess food will be donated to the
café. Jill will then be considered the hero of the hour.
All people smile in the same language.
DavidK
2017-07-27 08:40:54 UTC
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
. Spoiler Space
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
I would like to make an OP that, not only will the Duxford sisters turn
up to open the fête worse than death, as planned but, having been
getting stick for the amount of waste they produce, they will take the
opportunity to announce that all excess food will be donated to the
café. Jill will then be considered the hero of the hour.
It has struck me that there are many chinese whispers going on; X says
the Duxford sisters bully their staff, Y says that they waste a lot of
their food, Z says that they put poison down for pussy cats, and so on.
Mike
2017-07-27 08:46:32 UTC
Post by DavidK
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
. Spoiler Space
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
I would like to make an OP that, not only will the Duxford sisters turn
up to open the fête worse than death, as planned but, having been
getting stick for the amount of waste they produce, they will take the
opportunity to announce that all excess food will be donated to the
café. Jill will then be considered the hero of the hour.
It has struck me that there are many chinese whispers going on; X says
the Duxford sisters bully their staff, Y says that they waste a lot of
their food, Z says that they put poison down for pussy cats, and so on.
Does Hilda Ogdencat like restaurant foodwaste I wonder? Here puss-puss try
this almond flavoured fish....
2017-07-27 19:05:39 UTC
Post by DavidK
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
. Spoiler Space
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
I would like to make an OP that, not only will the Duxford sisters turn
up to open the fête worse than death, as planned but, having been
getting stick for the amount of waste they produce, they will take the
opportunity to announce that all excess food will be donated to the
café. Jill will then be considered the hero of the hour.
It has struck me that there are many chinese whispers going on; X says
the Duxford sisters bully their staff, Y says that they waste a lot of
their food, Z says that they put poison down for pussy cats, and so on.
Does Hilda Ogdencat like restaurant foodwaste I wonder? Here puss-puss try
this almond flavoured fish....
BTN!
(Says a cat lover)
2017-07-27 19:32:08 UTC
Post by DavidK
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
. Spoiler Space
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
I would like to make an OP that, not only will the Duxford sisters turn
up to open the fête worse than death, as planned but, having been
getting stick for the amount of waste they produce, they will take the
opportunity to announce that all excess food will be donated to the
café. Jill will then be considered the hero of the hour.
It has struck me that there are many chinese whispers going on; X says
the Duxford sisters bully their staff, Y says that they waste a lot of
their food, Z says that they put poison down for pussy cats, and so on.
Does Hilda Ogdencat like restaurant foodwaste I wonder? Here puss-puss try
this almond flavoured fish....
BTN!
(Says a cat lover)
Accepted.
(Says a cat lover.)
2017-07-27 20:09:28 UTC
Post by DavidK
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
. Spoiler Space
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
I would like to make an OP that, not only will the Duxford sisters turn
up to open the fête worse than death, as planned but, having been
getting stick for the amount of waste they produce, they will take the
opportunity to announce that all excess food will be donated to the
café. Jill will then be considered the hero of the hour.
It has struck me that there are many chinese whispers going on; X says
the Duxford sisters bully their staff, Y says that they waste a lot of
their food, Z says that they put poison down for pussy cats, and so on.
Does Hilda Ogdencat like restaurant foodwaste I wonder? Here puss-puss try
this almond flavoured fish....
BTN!
(Says a cat lover)
Accepted.
(Says a cat lover.)
Purr!
Mike Ruddock
2017-07-27 09:00:33 UTC
Post by DavidK
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
. Spoiler Space
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
I would like to make an OP that, not only will the Duxford sisters
turn up to open the fête worse than death, as planned but, having been
getting stick for the amount of waste they produce, they will take the
opportunity to announce that all excess food will be donated to the
café. Jill will then be considered the hero of the hour.
It has struck me that there are many chinese whispers going on; X says
the Duxford sisters bully their staff, Y says that they waste a lot of
their food, Z says that they put poison down for pussy cats, and so on.
I wonder if the lawyers acting for the Hemsley sisters are taking in
interest in this story line.

Mike Ruddock
kosmo
2017-07-28 06:57:49 UTC
Post by DavidK
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
. Spoiler Space
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Post by DavidK
up to open the fête worse than death, as planned but, having been
getting stick for the amount of waste they produce, they will take the
opportunity to announce that all excess food will be donated to the
café. Jill will then be considered the hero of the hour.
It has struck me that there are many chinese whispers going on; X says
the Duxford sisters bully their staff, Y says that they waste a lot of
their food, Z says that they put poison down for pussy cats, and so on.
Ian started the rumours because he does not want the competition.
kosmo
Clive Arthur
2017-07-27 09:15:21 UTC
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
. Spoiler Space
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
I would like to make an OP that, not only will the Duxford sisters turn
up to open the fête worse than death, as planned but, having been
getting stick for the amount of waste they produce, they will take the
opportunity to announce that all excess food will be donated to the
café. Jill will then be considered the hero of the hour.
Jill is now a local personality and will open the fete with a circumflex.

Cheers
Clive
Penny
2017-07-27 09:47:24 UTC
On Thu, 27 Jul 2017 10:15:21 +0100, Clive Arthur <***@nowaytoday.co.uk>
scrawled in the dust...
Post by Clive Arthur
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
. Spoiler Space
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
I would like to make an OP that, not only will the Duxford sisters turn
up to open the fête worse than death, as planned but, having been
getting stick for the amount of waste they produce, they will take the
opportunity to announce that all excess food will be donated to the
café. Jill will then be considered the hero of the hour.
Jill is now a local personality and will open the fete with a circumflex.
I don't think you could even open a bottle of beer with a circumflex - a
cedilla might work.

I suppose actual 'celebrities' might be a draw to a village fete for
non-villagers. My own experience is mixed. Sam Costa (of whom I had never
heard) opened my primary school fete, which was well attended. He didn't
rate my fancy dress effort (all the effort was my mother's) as Queen
Victoria.

Damon Hill, who had friends in the village, agreed to open our fete one
year and then managed to upset everyone who wanted to engage with him,
saying he was there to enjoy the fete with his family, not talk to people.

I think the most popular and successful openers of that particular fete, as
far as the locals were concerned, were an aging brother and sister, known
to most of us, who had lived in the village all their lives.

I don't think I've ever attended a fete just because of the person opening
it.
2017-07-27 11:12:10 UTC
Post by Clive Arthur
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
. Spoiler Space
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
I would like to make an OP that, not only will the Duxford sisters turn
up to open the fête worse than death, as planned but, having been
getting stick for the amount of waste they produce, they will take the
opportunity to announce that all excess food will be donated to the
café. Jill will then be considered the hero of the hour.
Jill is now a local personality and will open the fete with a circumflex.
Cheers
Ooooo, painful, keep your legs crossed Ummales!
2017-07-27 09:39:51 UTC
On Thu, 27 Jul 2017 08:59:31 +0100, Serena Blanchflower
Post by Serena Blanchflower
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
. Spoiler Space
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
I would like to make an OP that, not only will the Duxford sisters turn
up to open the fête worse than death, as planned but, having been
getting stick for the amount of waste they produce, they will take the
opportunity to announce that all excess food will be donated to the
café. Jill will then be considered the hero of the hour.
I was trying to think of a way they'd turn up. Thank you. Perfect
publicity for the new restaurant too :)
2017-07-27 15:46:14 UTC
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
. Spoiler Space
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
I would like to make an OP that, not only will the Duxford sisters turn
up to open the fête worse than death, as planned but, having been
getting stick for the amount of waste they produce, they will take the
opportunity to announce that all excess food will be donated to the
café. Jill will then be considered the hero of the hour.
Keep polishing, Serena. I think it's got legs.

2017-07-27 16:01:47 UTC
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
. Spoiler Space
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
I would like to make an OP that, not only will the Duxford sisters turn
up to open the fête worse than death, as planned but, having been
getting stick for the amount of waste they produce, they will take the
opportunity to announce that all excess food will be donated to the
café. Jill will then be considered the hero of the hour.
Keep polishing, Serena. I think it's got legs.
Sincerely Chris
Can it run fast enough to dodge flapjack attacks?
2017-07-27 19:07:45 UTC
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
. Spoiler Space
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
I would like to make an OP that, not only will the Duxford sisters turn
up to open the fête worse than death, as planned but, having been
getting stick for the amount of waste they produce, they will take the
opportunity to announce that all excess food will be donated to the
café. Jill will then be considered the hero of the hour.
It has been suggested in that there Facebook that Jamie Oliver (who is
apparently running a "don't waste food" campaign) will have heard Jill's
radio interview and offer to open the fete. Nice publicity for his book,
says cynical me, and very much in line with TA liking for "celebrities"
making guest appearances.
2017-07-27 20:12:51 UTC
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
. Spoiler Space
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
I would like to make an OP that, not only will the Duxford sisters turn
up to open the fête worse than death, as planned but, having been
getting stick for the amount of waste they produce, they will take the
opportunity to announce that all excess food will be donated to the
café. Jill will then be considered the hero of the hour.
It has been suggested in that there Facebook that Jamie Oliver (who is
apparently running a "don't waste food" campaign) will have heard Jill's
radio interview and offer to open the fete. Nice publicity for his book,
says cynical me, and very much in line with TA liking for "celebrities"
making guest appearances.
Yes, that sounds a plausible alternative.
Always remember: you are braver than you believe. Stronger than you seem
and smarter than you think. (A.A. Milne)
Btms
2017-07-27 20:31:08 UTC
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
. Spoiler Space
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
I would like to make an OP that, not only will the Duxford sisters turn
up to open the fête worse than death, as planned but, having been
getting stick for the amount of waste they produce, they will take the
opportunity to announce that all excess food will be donated to the
café. Jill will then be considered the hero of the hour.
It has been suggested in that there Facebook that Jamie Oliver (who is
apparently running a "don't waste food" campaign) will have heard Jill's
radio interview and offer to open the fete. Nice publicity for his book,
says cynical me, and very much in line with TA liking for "celebrities"
making guest appearances.
Yes, that sounds a plausible alternative.
Yup....'fraid so.
Clive Arthur
2017-07-27 20:35:42 UTC
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
. Spoiler Space
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
I would like to make an OP that, not only will the Duxford sisters turn
up to open the fête worse than death, as planned but, having been
getting stick for the amount of waste they produce, they will take the
opportunity to announce that all excess food will be donated to the
café. Jill will then be considered the hero of the hour.
It has been suggested in that there Facebook that Jamie Oliver (who is
apparently running a "don't waste food" campaign) will have heard Jill's
radio interview and offer to open the fete. Nice publicity for his book,
says cynical me, and very much in line with TA liking for "celebrities"
making guest appearances.
Yes, that sounds a plausible alternative.
Yes! And he'll try to get in a plug for his latest line, 'Jamie Oliver
Duvets'. A cynical Matt Crawford will ask him, "What they stuffed with
then, sage and onion?", only to be told, "Down, Tiger!".

It's too warm for a coat.

Cheers
Clive
Vicky
2017-07-27 20:51:57 UTC
On Thu, 27 Jul 2017 21:12:51 +0100, Serena Blanchflower
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
. Spoiler Space
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
I would like to make an OP that, not only will the Duxford sisters turn
up to open the fête worse than death, as planned but, having been
getting stick for the amount of waste they produce, they will take the
opportunity to announce that all excess food will be donated to the
café. Jill will then be considered the hero of the hour.
It has been suggested in that there Facebook that Jamie Oliver (who is
apparently running a "don't waste food" campaign) will have heard Jill's
radio interview and offer to open the fete. Nice publicity for his book,
says cynical me, and very much in line with TA liking for "celebrities"
making guest appearances.
Yes, that sounds a plausible alternative.
I don't think Jamie Oliver would do it, TA is not cool enough. I think
James Martin or one of the Hairy Bikers might though. Or the remaining
Fat Lady.
2017-07-27 21:03:58 UTC
Post by Vicky
I don't think Jamie Oliver would do it, TA is not cool enough. I think
James Martin or one of the Hairy Bikers might though. Or the remaining
Fat Lady.
There are no remaining Fat Ladies. Not since 2014.
2017-07-27 21:09:54 UTC
Post by Vicky
I don't think Jamie Oliver would do it, TA is not cool enough. I think
James Martin or one of the Hairy Bikers might though. Or the remaining
Fat Lady.
There are no remaining Fat Ladies. Not since 2014.
Not walked round a supermarket lately then?
Oh, sorry, as you were.
2017-07-27 21:12:01 UTC
Post by Vicky
I don't think Jamie Oliver would do it, TA is not cool enough. I think
James Martin or one of the Hairy Bikers might though. Or the remaining
Fat Lady.
There are no remaining Fat Ladies. Not since 2014.
I was quite taken by a suggestion I saw on Twitter that the new restaurant
be known as The Fat Duxfords.
2017-08-06 18:46:52 UTC
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
.. Spoiler Space
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
I would like to make an OP that, not only will the Duxford sisters turn
up to open the fête worse than death, as planned but, having been
getting stick for the amount of waste they produce, they will take the
opportunity to announce that all excess food will be donated to the
café. Jill will then be considered the hero of the hour.
I must admit, that that was a twist I hadn't considered!
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before
breakfast. (Lewis Carroll)
Sally Thompson
2017-08-06 19:06:52 UTC
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
.. Spoiler Space
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
I would like to make an OP that, not only will the Duxford sisters turn
up to open the fête worse than death, as planned but, having been
getting stick for the amount of waste they produce, they will take the
opportunity to announce that all excess food will be donated to the
café. Jill will then be considered the hero of the hour.
I must admit, that that was a twist I hadn't considered!
Clever, wasn't she.
2017-08-06 19:09:35 UTC
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
.. Spoiler Space
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
I would like to make an OP that, not only will the Duxford sisters turn
up to open the fête worse than death, as planned but, having been
getting stick for the amount of waste they produce, they will take the
opportunity to announce that all excess food will be donated to the
café. Jill will then be considered the hero of the hour.
I must admit, that that was a twist I hadn't considered!
Clever, wasn't she.
Yes, she's getting very sneaky in her old age :)
Illness is neither an indulgence for which people have to pay, nor an
offence for which they should be penalised, but a misfortune, the cost
of which should be shared by the community. (Aneurin Bevan)