Cricket
2018-06-19 17:13:33 UTC
Tentative
<beam>
Steve Hague
2018-06-20 10:03:06 UTC
On 19/06/2018 18:13, Sid Nuncius wrote:
> Tentative
> <beam>
Wow, what a result! The trouble is I set my system to record the
highlights on channel 5 in the early hours of this morning, but nothing.
Channel 5 cricket on demand has nothing after the second odi. Boo.
2018-06-21 05:09:47 UTC
On 20/06/2018 11:03, Steve Hague wrote:
> On 19/06/2018 18:13, Sid Nuncius wrote:
>> Tentative
>> <beam>
> Wow, what a result! The trouble is I set my system to record the
> highlights on channel 5 in the early hours of this morning, but nothing.
> Channel 5 cricket on demand has nothing after the second odi. Boo.

The Trent Bridge match finally appeared on Channel 5 Cricket on demand
yesterday evening. It probably took them that long to edit the
highlights down to under an hour.

I enjoyed it. :o)

2018-06-20 14:51:58 UTC
In message <***@mid.individual.net>, Sid Nuncius
<***@hotmail.co.uk> writes:
>Tentative
><beam>

I'm not a follower, but from what I gather, you will have switched from
tentative beam to main beam ...

History is not the past. It is the method we have evolved of organising our
ignorance of the past. - Hilary Mantel, first Reith Lecture 2017
steveski
2018-06-20 23:30:05 UTC
On Wed, 20 Jun 2018 15:51:58 +0100, J. P. Gilliver (John) wrote:

> In message <***@mid.individual.net>, Sid Nuncius
> <***@hotmail.co.uk> writes:
>>Tentative <beam>
>
> I'm not a follower, but from what I gather, you will have switched from
> tentative beam to main beam ...

Seriously so. Although it was a bit Twenty20 - not that I'm against that
format but it does seem to have a greater influence than when limited
overs came in (which everyone said would be the Death of Cricket).

2018-06-21 08:18:00 UTC
On 21/06/2018 00:30, steveski wrote; my response is lower down:
> which everyone said would be the Death of Cricket

Given all the cheating I assumed cricket was dead.

2018-06-21 08:52:33 UTC
krw <***@whitnet.uk> wrote:
> On 21/06/2018 00:30, steveski wrote; my response is lower down:
>> which everyone said would be the Death of Cricket
>
> Given all the cheating I assumed cricket was dead.

That was the football last night.

2018-06-21 10:46:07 UTC
Btms <***@thetames.me.uk> wrote:
> krw <***@whitnet.uk> wrote:
>> On 21/06/2018 00:30, steveski wrote; my response is lower down:
>>> which everyone said would be the Death of Cricket
>>
>> Given all the cheating I assumed cricket was dead.
>>

> That was the football last night.

Have they got all their balls in a row now?