spoiler 5/3/17
2017-03-07 21:43:06 UTC

The new booking Eddy was replying to was to Harriet Vane, wasn't it?
How old would she and Lord Peter be now?

Has the PTF been sprinkling fairy dust on Kirsty? Even allowing for
depression or reaction she is being OTT.
2017-03-07 23:44:03 UTC
Post by Vicky
The new booking Eddy was replying to was to Harriet Vane, wasn't it?
Yes, I noticed that. Some friend of Lynda's, do you think?
Post by Vicky
How old would she and Lord Peter be now?
Has the PTF been sprinkling fairy dust on Kirsty? Even allowing for
depression or reaction she is being OTT.
Yes, I've found both aspects somewhat irritating: I sympathised with her
just wanting to get on with life - I'm sure that part was quite
realistic, in that people in such sad circumstances tend to get
smothered, but I thought her going quite so full-tilt was unnecessary
SWing - and this evening's reaction/reversion also OTT (SW-wise).

An Englishman, even if he is alone, forms an orderly queue of one.
(George Mikes in "How to be an Alien".)
Penny
2017-03-08 00:46:16 UTC
Post by Vicky
How old would she and Lord Peter be now?
Has the PTF been sprinkling fairy dust on Kirsty? Even allowing for
depression or reaction she is being OTT.
Yes, I've found both aspects somewhat irritating: I sympathised with her
just wanting to get on with life - I'm sure that part was quite
realistic, in that people in such sad circumstances tend to get
smothered, but I thought her going quite so full-tilt was unnecessary
SWing - and this evening's reaction/reversion also OTT (SW-wise).
I'm not so sure.
'Keeping busy' is an oft used distraction from 'dealing with' whatever it
is one needs to deal with. Sometimes it's enough when backed with gentle
support from people you're close to. Continual attempts to 'interfere' by
people who are (quite naturally) concerned but not actually close friends
can feel like an attack.

Kirsty said she hadn't cried until today - if we are continuing in soapy
style she will be right as rain (what's right about rain?) in no time.
2017-03-08 07:20:52 UTC
Post by Vicky
How old would she and Lord Peter be now?
Has the PTF been sprinkling fairy dust on Kirsty? Even allowing for
depression or reaction she is being OTT.
Yes, I've found both aspects somewhat irritating: I sympathised with her
just wanting to get on with life - I'm sure that part was quite
realistic, in that people in such sad circumstances tend to get
smothered, but I thought her going quite so full-tilt was unnecessary
SWing - and this evening's reaction/reversion also OTT (SW-wise).
I know she is on her own, but she has had a lot of support from
friends and Tom. Both my daughters had a miscarriage before the
current grandchildren and they are in their 40s so for #2 child that
was discouraging for someone thinking to be a late first-time mum. She
didn't tell me until the current grandson was past the 3 month danger
period.

Maybe a loss in the first 3 months is less traumatic? I felt
terrible as I'd been saying how nice another grandchild would be, #2
daughter and partner having been permanent for a year or so and as we
all liked him so much. And at some point I must have said it when she
was in the first stages or had lost the baby. I should ask and clarify
as am not sure now.
2017-03-08 18:21:01 UTC
Post by Vicky
How old would she and Lord Peter be now?
Has the PTF been sprinkling fairy dust on Kirsty? Even allowing for
depression or reaction she is being OTT.
Yes, I've found both aspects somewhat irritating: I sympathised with her
just wanting to get on with life - I'm sure that part was quite
realistic, in that people in such sad circumstances tend to get
smothered, but I thought her going quite so full-tilt was unnecessary
SWing - and this evening's reaction/reversion also OTT (SW-wise).
Not sure if it is the word or the tone. The latter must cause us to
chastise the Director/editor.
BTMS - Usurped as Editor in waiting
Peter Percival
2017-03-08 14:39:17 UTC
How old would she [Harriet Vane] and Lord Peter be now?
The obnoxious Wimsey was born in 1890, Vane in 1893.
to me what you really mean.