Testing
2017-09-09 08:32:04 UTC
Because it says no overnight posts at all.
So no comments on last night or Thursday?

spoiler

Jennifer was a cow on Thursday until Roy ran interference. Does she
normally treat staff like that? I thought it a little out of
character? And then congratulating Adam about the intention to adopt
a child because it would help make the relationship stronger; not good
advice, surely? It dosn't work well to cement a cracked relationship,
usually, does it? And the stress of having a child, especially if
they foster or adopt one who has problems and is not bloodline, might
make things worse instead of better.
2017-09-09 08:45:32 UTC
On Sat, 09 Sep 2017 09:32:04 +0100, Vicky <***@gmail.com> scrawled
in the dust...
Post by Vicky
Because it says no overnight posts at all.
So no comments on last night or Thursday?
Last post from yesterday was yours at 9:20pm. Total posts yesterday 29.

They're all busy doing other stuff?
I was mostly watching tele* and getting crippling cramp every time I tried
to do anything else.

*I noticed the other day the Welsh for television is teledu - du means
black. No vision.
2017-09-09 08:56:10 UTC
Post by Vicky
Because it says no overnight posts at all.
So no comments on last night or Thursday?
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
..
.
.

..
Post by Vicky
spoiler
Jennifer was a cow on Thursday until Roy ran interference. Does she
normally treat staff like that? I thought it a little out of
character? And then congratulating Adam about the intention to adopt
a child because it would help make the relationship stronger; not good
advice, surely? It dosn't work well to cement a cracked relationship,
usually, does it? And the stress of having a child, especially if
they foster or adopt one who has problems and is not bloodline, might
make things worse instead of better.
Vicky, you need to put more spoiler space or say spoiler. Not just new
lines, but lines with something on them (a full stop will do as I have now
done). I had heard the episodes but not everyone will have done.
I agree about Jennifer. Really nasty, but I think in that snobbish
character she now has. And Adam's reason for adopting a child will surely
show up during the adoption process, and rule him out. Adoption is meant to
be about the needs of the child, not the would-be parents. I have friends
who've been through the process and it isn't easy.
2017-09-09 10:23:31 UTC
On 9 Sep 2017 08:56:10 GMT, Sally Thompson
Post by Sally Thompson
Vicky, you need to put more spoiler space or say spoiler. Not just new
lines, but lines with something on them (a full stop will do as I have now
done). I had heard the episodes but not everyone will have done.
Sorry, I did put the word spoiler and I had a v on some lines. I
thought if I press enter it makes a new line for everyone and then had
a v on some of them too. Does enter not make a new line on all
browsers, just Agent?
2017-09-09 12:28:24 UTC
Post by Sally Thompson
Vicky, you need to put more spoiler space or say spoiler. Not just new
lines, but lines with something on them (a full stop will do as I have now
done). I had heard the episodes but not everyone will have done.
Sorry, I did put the word spoiler and I had a v on some lines. I
thought if I press enter it makes a new line for everyone and then had
a v on some of them too. Does enter not make a new line on all
browsers, just Agent?
I think some newsreaders (not Thunderbird) "helpfully" remove what they
consider to be excess blank lines, in an attempt to make posts more
readable. If you put a dot, or some other character, on each line, they
won't mess with it. Even in a newsreader which doesn't do this though,
you didn't really allow enough blank lines for anyone reading full
screen, with a good sized screen.
Always remember: you are braver than you believe. Stronger than you seem
and smarter than you think. (A.A. Milne)
Serena Blanchflower
2017-09-09 09:29:18 UTC
Post by Vicky
Because it says no overnight posts at all.
So no comments on last night or Thursday?
spoiler
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
. Addded Spoiler Space
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Post by Vicky
Jennifer was a cow on Thursday until Roy ran interference. Does she
normally treat staff like that? I thought it a little out of
character?
I think she's been getting more snobbish, and inflexible, with age. I
did enjoy Roy's interference, including the way he bounced her into
subbing Phoebe. All too often humorous interludes in TA are very heavy
handed but I thought this one was nicely done.
Post by Vicky
And then congratulating Adam about the intention to adopt
a child because it would help make the relationship stronger; not good
advice, surely?
Very bad advice.
Post by Vicky
It dosn't work well to cement a cracked relationship,
usually, does it? And the stress of having a child, especially if
they foster or adopt one who has problems and is not bloodline, might
make things worse instead of better.
It would be bad advice for any couple thinking of having a child but ten
times worse for anyone who's thinking of adopting. The stresses and
strains, both of going through the adoption process and then of taking
in a child who will, inevitably, have serious problems will be enormous.

Quite apart from the fall out for Adam and Ian, any child who has been
through the kind of upheaval which could lead to them being put up for
adoption would be enormously damaged if their adoptive family then falls
apart.

The realisation that our marriage was nowhere near strong enough to
survive was one of the reasons for latex husbad and I pulling out of the
adoption process, when we'd been considering it.

I was very surprised, as well, by Adam's confidence that their age
wasn't a problem. In Hampshire, c. 25 years ago, there was a maximum
age gap of, IIRC, 37 years between the elder parent and the child.
There was only any flexibility for this if you were talking about
children with severe special needs, which were really hard to place. I
can't imagine that the situation has got any easier over the past
quarter century.
"I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that
truly makes living worth while?" Death thought about it. "Cats," he
said eventually, "Cats are nice." (Terry Pratchett)
Mike
2017-09-09 09:51:04 UTC
Post by Vicky
Because it says no overnight posts at all.
So no comments on last night or Thursday?
spoiler
Jennifer was a cow on Thursday until Roy ran interference. Does she
normally treat staff like that? I thought it a little out of
character? And then congratulating Adam about the intention to adopt
a child because it would help make the relationship stronger; not good
advice, surely? It dosn't work well to cement a cracked relationship,
usually, does it? And the stress of having a child, especially if
they foster or adopt one who has problems and is not bloodline, might
make things worse instead of better.
Lexi mentioned 'That Book' - red rag and all that.