spoiler 14/5/17
2017-05-15 08:53:57 UTC

Tom should be less judgemental about mistakes people can make. His
jilting of Kirsty was much worse.Might he and Pip get together? He is
almost as much of a winger as Toby. And Pip seems to be wallowing a
bit in guilt, but it was hard to confess that she is to blame, not her
parents, so she did do a difficult thing.

I do hope Bert didn't raise Toby's hopes about getting back with Pip.
And that everyone keeps quiet and sympathetic, so as not to make her
comment adversely now on Toby.
2017-05-15 10:16:36 UTC
Post by Vicky
Tom should be less judgemental about mistakes people can make. His
jilting of Kirsty was much worse.Might he and Pip get together? He is
almost as much of a winger as Toby. And Pip seems to be wallowing a
bit in guilt, but it was hard to confess that she is to blame, not her
parents, so she did do a difficult thing.
I do hope Bert didn't raise Toby's hopes about getting back with Pip.
And that everyone keeps quiet and sympathetic, so as not to make her
comment adversely now on Toby.
Now Kirsty will go back to Tom. The wedding was only cancelled to allow
Rob to get his evil way with Helen. It will just take longer.

Someone new needed for Pip and I can see Anisha finding Toby a decent
challenge.
tiny.cc/KRWpics
Vicky
2017-05-15 10:42:35 UTC
Post by Vicky
Tom should be less judgemental about mistakes people can make. His
jilting of Kirsty was much worse.Might he and Pip get together? He is
almost as much of a winger as Toby. And Pip seems to be wallowing a
bit in guilt, but it was hard to confess that she is to blame, not her
parents, so she did do a difficult thing.
I do hope Bert didn't raise Toby's hopes about getting back with Pip.
And that everyone keeps quiet and sympathetic, so as not to make her
comment adversely now on Toby.
Now Kirsty will go back to Tom. The wedding was only cancelled to allow
Rob to get his evil way with Helen. It will just take longer.
Why did that allow Rob to move in on Helen? is it because if Kirsty
had been still close she would have stopped it earlier?
2017-05-15 11:28:26 UTC
Post by Vicky
Post by krw
Post by Vicky
Tom should be less judgemental about mistakes people can make. His
jilting of Kirsty was much worse.Might he and Pip get together? He is
almost as much of a winger as Toby. And Pip seems to be wallowing a
bit in guilt, but it was hard to confess that she is to blame, not her
parents, so she did do a difficult thing.
I do hope Bert didn't raise Toby's hopes about getting back with Pip.
And that everyone keeps quiet and sympathetic, so as not to make her
comment adversely now on Toby.
Now Kirsty will go back to Tom. The wedding was only cancelled to allow
Rob to get his evil way with Helen. It will just take longer.
Why did that allow Rob to move in on Helen? is it because if Kirsty
had been still close she would have stopped it earlier?
He was isolating Helen from all her friends and relations, so not only was
Kirsty not there for her, but neither was Tom, nor Ian.
2017-05-15 11:36:52 UTC
Post by Vicky
Why did that allow Rob to move in on Helen? is it because if Kirsty
had been still close she would have stopped it earlier?
SoC felt that Helen would have listened to Kirsty much earlier and the
stabbing could not have happened.
tiny.cc/KRWpics
J. P. Gilliver (John)
2017-05-15 19:53:45 UTC
In message <ofbv61$19uj$***@gioia.aioe.org>, krw <***@whitnet.uk> writes:
Someone new needed for Pip and I can see Anisha
For some reason I first read that as above, and thought "interesting!"
Post by krw
finding Toby a decent challenge.
I wouldn't find it that plausible, though. Yes, I know this is TA, so it
could happen, but I hope not. I just want (though don't expect - see
other thread) rid of Toby; I'm bored with him.

Bread is lovely, don't get me wrong. But it's not cake. Or it's rubbish cake.
I always thought that bread needed more sugar and some icing. - Sarah Millican
(Radio Times 11-17 May 2013)
Marjorie
2017-05-15 10:27:21 UTC
Post by Vicky
Tom should be less judgemental about mistakes people can make. His
jilting of Kirsty was much worse.Might he and Pip get together? He is
almost as much of a winger as Toby. And Pip seems to be wallowing a
bit in guilt, but it was hard to confess that she is to blame, not her
parents, so she did do a difficult thing.
Yes, Tom seems only vaguely aware that repeatedly dumping or jilting a
decent young woman is not conducive to a happy married life, either with
her or with anyone else.
Post by Vicky
I do hope Bert didn't raise Toby's hopes about getting back with Pip.
And that everyone keeps quiet and sympathetic, so as not to make her
comment adversely now on Toby.
I liked Bert's kind attempt to console Toby, but it didn't have much
bearing on the Toby/Pip case. And yes I agree, the family need to keep
it zipped and let Pip work out for herself just what a big mistake Toby was.
--
Marjorie

To reply, replace dontusethisaddress with marje

---
http://www.avg.com
krw
2017-05-15 11:37:46 UTC
And yes I agree, the family need to keep it zipped and let Pip work out
for herself just what a big mistake Toby was.
Jolene reformed Kenton. Pip will reform Toby.
tiny.cc/KRWpics
Mike
2017-05-15 11:46:20 UTC
And yes I agree, the family need to keep it zipped and let Pip work out
for herself just what a big mistake Toby was.
Jolene reformed Kenton. Pip will reform Toby.
FSVO 'reformed'.
2017-05-17 21:03:13 UTC
And yes I agree, the family need to keep it zipped and let Pip work out
for herself just what a big mistake Toby was.
Jolene reformed Kenton. Pip will reform Toby.
FSVO 'reformed'.
Isn't that what happens to mechanically recovered meat?
2017-05-15 20:30:02 UTC
And yes I agree, the family need to keep it zipped and let Pip work out
for herself just what a big mistake Toby was.
Jolene reformed Kenton. Pip will reform Toby.
No! That's the recurring theme in Aussie soaps. Toby is a waster and
always will be. Why should Pip have to suffer that?
2017-05-15 20:39:49 UTC
Post by Fenny
Post by krw
And yes I agree, the family need to keep it zipped and let Pip work out
for herself just what a big mistake Toby was.
Jolene reformed Kenton. Pip will reform Toby.
No! That's the recurring theme in Aussie soaps. Toby is a waster and
always will be. Why should Pip have to suffer that?
Maybe for the same reason we have to suffer her contrived pauses in the
oddest of places. I find it so irritating and unrealistic, I am beginning
to not want to listen when she starts speaking.
Marjorie
2017-05-16 17:27:54 UTC
Post by Fenny
Post by krw
And yes I agree, the family need to keep it zipped and let Pip work out
for herself just what a big mistake Toby was.
Jolene reformed Kenton. Pip will reform Toby.
No! That's the recurring theme in Aussie soaps. Toby is a waster and
always will be. Why should Pip have to suffer that?
Maybe for the same reason we have to suffer her contrived pauses in the
oddest of places. I find it so irritating and unrealistic, I am beginning
to not want to listen when she starts speaking.
I agree. She has this odd way of inserting a sort of hiccup or glottal
stop for no reason at all, often before or after people's names (which
is quite a lot, since she's always addressing Toby by name even when
there's no one else around). Then she rushes and gabbles out the next
words or phrases, until she runs out of breath or feels another hiccup
coming on. Sometimes she also sounds as if she's eating throughout the
conversation, even when that's not the case.

http://www.avg.com
Btms
2017-05-16 17:52:28 UTC
Post by Marjorie
Post by Btms
Post by Fenny
Post by krw
[...]
Thank you. I could not quite explain what she does.
2017-05-15 19:50:42 UTC
In message <Jp-***@brightview.co.uk>, Marjorie
<***@springequinox.co.uk> writes:
[]
Post by Marjorie
I liked Bert's kind attempt to console Toby, but it didn't have much
(I loved the Vogon reference.)
Post by Marjorie
bearing on the Toby/Pip case. And yes I agree, the family need to keep
it zipped and let Pip work out for herself just what a big mistake Toby was.
Unless Toby commits suicide (which I think he's too hopeless to do),
he'll remain around: either pull himself together and get into the gin
(probably with as little effort as he can manage), or just go to pieces
(possibly also involving getting into the gin). Either way, he'll be
around: I don't think he has anywhere else to go. Seems like his father
has run out of patience with them, and whatever it is in Brighton (still
left as a future plotline).
So Pip will see him around.

(Radio Times 11-17 May 2013)
J. P. Gilliver (John)
2017-05-15 19:55:23 UTC
In message <***@soft255.demon.co.uk>, "J. P. Gilliver
(John)" <G6JPG-***@255soft.uk> writes:
Unless Toby commits suicide (which I think he's too hopeless to do),
he'll remain around: either pull himself together and get into the gin
(probably with as little effort as he can manage), or just go to pieces
(possibly also involving getting into the gin). Either way, he'll be
around: I don't think he has anywhere else to go. Seems like his father
has run out of patience with them, and whatever it is in Brighton
(still left as a future plotline).
sounds like something he tries to avoid. [I forgot the end of this
sentence, sorry.]
So Pip will see him around.