OT customer service fail from Morrisons delivery
2018-07-22 17:17:30 UTC
I emailed Morrisons yesterday because we found a bug in our spinach.
I said
Extra protein was found today in the baby spinach.
1 Morrisons Baby Spinach 1.00 GBP
We had already microwaved the pack and put it on plates. Luckily my
companion spotted it. I might not have as was notwearing my glasses. I
am rather upset to think I might have eaten it. Your supplier should
wash the bugs out of the veg. I enclose a picture of bug and packet.
They responded with 2 emails. One said £1 refund and the other
said:

Good afternoon Mrs Ayech,

Thank you for attachments and I apologise for spoiling your meal.

I am sorry to see that you have found an insect in the baby spinch. I
can understand your disappointment because you must have put so much
effort in cooking this dish which had to be thrown away due to our
actions. As you are aware that issues like these are quite rare and
your assistance with this matter will help us in preventing them in
the future.

Could I ask you to give us a call on the 0345 322 0000 so that I could
transfer your call to our Head Office team who will deal with your
complaint? Alternatively, Head Office Team can be contacted directly
on 0345 611 6111 and they are open from 8am-8pm Monday-Friday,
Saturday 9am-5pm and Sunday 10am-4pm.

Again, please accept my apologies for any inconvenience this may have
caused and do not hesitate to contact me, should you require any
further assistance.

Kind regards,

Noreen Ahmed
Morrisons Online Customer Service Team
I emailed again

Well, that is a silly reply as I said in my email I microwaved the
spinach, so no effort in cooking it! I don't want to call head office.
You have a photo of the bug and the pictures of the wrapping, showing
the name and bar code. I certainly hope that issues like this are
rare!

We found a sink plug in bagged veg a few months ago but Tesco refunded
and also send a £5 voucher to say sorry.
Btms
2018-07-22 17:33:49 UTC
[...]
What an interesting life you lead. I have never anything so interesting.
2018-07-22 17:38:18 UTC
[...]
I found a colourful used twist tie in a packet of Lidl salad leaf a few
months ago....
2018-07-22 18:10:07 UTC
[...]
Well that’s done it: I am into envy now 🤥
2018-07-22 19:05:49 UTC
Thank you for attachments and I apologise for spoiling your meal.
I am sorry to see that you have found an insect in the baby spinch. I
can understand your disappointment because you must have put so much
effort in cooking this dish which had to be thrown away due to our
actions. As you are aware that issues like these are quite rare and
your assistance with this matter will help us in preventing them in
the future.
A girl at my school once found a caterpillar on her lettuce. She asked
the Deputy Head what she should do about it. The DH said "Eat it,
child! It's been eating the same thing you have."
http://jennygenes.blogspot.co.uk/
Sally Thompson
2018-07-22 19:28:21 UTC
Thank you for attachments and I apologise for spoiling your meal.
I am sorry to see that you have found an insect in the baby spinch. I
can understand your disappointment because you must have put so much
effort in cooking this dish which had to be thrown away due to our
actions. As you are aware that issues like these are quite rare and
your assistance with this matter will help us in preventing them in
the future.
A girl at my school once found a caterpillar on her lettuce. She asked
the Deputy Head what she should do about it. The DH said "Eat it,
child! It's been eating the same thing you have."
It's when you find half a caterpillar you need to worry!
2018-07-23 00:56:33 UTC
On Sun, 22 Jul 2018 20:05:49 +0100, Jenny M Benson wrote:

[spinach]
Post by Jenny M Benson
A girl at my school once found a caterpillar on her lettuce. She asked
the Deputy Head what she should do about it. The DH said "Eat it,
child! It's been eating the same thing you have."
I found a caterpillar on my lunch salad in the galley (RN) and told the
2018-07-23 08:10:01 UTC
[spinach]
Post by Jenny M Benson
A girl at my school once found a caterpillar on her lettuce. She asked
the Deputy Head what she should do about it. The DH said "Eat it,
child! It's been eating the same thing you have."
I found a caterpillar on my lunch salad in the galley (RN) and told the
D.O. (duty officer. He said "Don't worry, it won't eat much" :-)
:-)
Rather bad taste but I guess you didn’t eat it.
2018-07-23 18:50:25 UTC
[spinach]
Post by Jenny M Benson
A girl at my school once found a caterpillar on her lettuce. She
asked the Deputy Head what she should do about it. The DH said "Eat
it, child! It's been eating the same thing you have."
I found a caterpillar on my lunch salad in the galley (RN) and told
the D.O. (duty officer. He said "Don't worry, it won't eat much" :-)
:-)
Rather bad taste but I guess you didn’t eat it.
Of course I did! We needed all the extra protein we could get.
2018-07-23 18:31:28 UTC
[spinach]
Post by Jenny M Benson
A girl at my school once found a caterpillar on her lettuce. She asked
the Deputy Head what she should do about it. The DH said "Eat it,
child! It's been eating the same thing you have."
I found a caterpillar on my lunch salad in the galley (RN) and told the
D.O. (duty officer. He said "Don't worry, it won't eat much" :-)
That was Pa's standard reply to the report of finding any small
creature (not just in food).

At lunchtime today, a large bee flew in through the open window and
the boss called to me "Look out for that bee!", to which I replied,
"It won't eat my dinner"