spoiler from. weds
2017-05-18 07:21:58 UTC
Kenton seems to be morally bankrupt. I have the impression that any plan
to repay Deevid has been close to absent from his agenda. Otoh might he
feel justifiably shortchanged as Deevid acquired Brookfield. Not sure how
this was managed in terms of inheritance by Phil. Iirc it was explored at
depth.

This must be an issue for farming families where one member wants to farm
but others don't don't, or the farm can't support them all anyway.

Don't know how Jack decided to take on the pub and Phil the farm. Tony then
had to find land from his own resources when he decided on farming.
Vicky
2017-05-18 08:41:40 UTC
Kenton seems to be morally bankrupt. I have the impression that any plan
to repay Deevid has been close to absent from his agenda. Otoh might he
feel justifiably shortchanged as Deevid acquired Brookfield. Not sure how
this was managed in terms of inheritance by Phil. Iirc it was explored at
depth.
Surely there was a division of spoils for David, Kenton, Shula and
Elizabeth? Kenton got less at the time as he'd had considerable sums
already when his parents bailed him out of various financial scrapes.
David's part was a bigger share of the farm and they all got a share
too, I think. Also he is doing the work in it, and Kenton would never
have done that.

Did Shula get help to buy the stables out of her share? David
presumably put all his share into the farm, which benefits all as they
have shares. Did Elizabeth get any lump sum? I remember that Kenton
tried to get her to join him and try to get things changed so that he
and she got more. That was when there might have been a sale, I think.
2017-05-18 08:51:59 UTC
Post by Vicky
Surely there was a division of spoils for David, Kenton, Shula and
Elizabeth? Kenton got less at the time as he'd had considerable sums
already when his parents bailed him out of various financial scrapes.
David's part was a bigger share of the farm and they all got a share
too, I think. Also he is doing the work in it, and Kenton would never
have done that.
Brookfield was left to David but with additional super shares for the
other three if Brookfield was ever sold - hence the impending fortunes
when Justin was likely to buy the farm.

We were never told what they got but the feeling was that Lizzie and
Shula had slightly more valuable shares than Kenton in the event of a sale.

Dan had helped Chris buy the stables and Shula had Mark's money when she
bought the stables.

Lizzie was the one who made the fuss over Brookfield - of course she is
only a life tenant at LL as it is entailed to Freddie.
tiny.cc/KRWpics
Btms
2017-05-18 16:43:36 UTC
Post by Vicky
[...]
Thank you. Ah yes I remember it well.........