Infelicitous phrasing
2018-05-25 17:52:45 UTC
I don't want to appear flippant about what is genuinely a very serious
matter, but I really do think that the BBC might have thought a little
more carefully before telling us at lunchtime that today's charges
related to "the first actress to blow the whistle on Harvey Weinstein."
2018-05-25 18:18:21 UTC
I don't want to appear flippant about what is genuinely a very serious
matter, but I really do think that the BBC might have thought a little
more carefully before telling us at lunchtime that today's charges
related to "the first actress to blow the whistle on Harvey Weinstein."
[soiler space] sic

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

And what about Alastair's 'sperm of the moment' remark?
2018-05-25 20:03:13 UTC
I don't want to appear flippant about what is genuinely a very serious
matter, but I really do think that the BBC might have thought a little
more carefully before telling us at lunchtime that today's charges
related to "the first actress to blow the whistle on Harvey Weinstein."
Oh crikey! Let us put it down to an unconscious link. It happens.