oiliver. spoiler gossip
2017-08-19 11:43:59 UTC
They castigate Soozan for spreading gossip but they seem happy enough to
repeat it themselves.
Why do they imagine he is short when he owns two properties and presumably
inherits at least something from Gay Garbles?
Mike
2017-08-19 11:54:43 UTC
They castigate Soozan for spreading gossip but they seem happy enough to
repeat it themselves.
Why do they imagine he is short when he owns two properties and presumably
inherits at least something from Gay Garbles?
I suppose he might be short of the readies but, there again, I doubt this
is more than a vehicle for Sooooozan's stupidity - I hope it runs her over.
Two properties .... were they renting in Italy?
carolet
2017-08-19 12:27:00 UTC
Post by DavidK
They castigate Soozan for spreading gossip but they seem happy enough to
repeat it themselves.
Why do they imagine he is short when he owns two properties and presumably
inherits at least something from Gay Garbles?
I suppose he might be short of the readies but, there again, I doubt this
is more than a vehicle for Sooooozan's stupidity - I hope it runs her over.
Two properties .... were they renting in Italy?
If they were, it was a change of plan. When they were briefly back in
Ambridge they were certainly talking about buying in Italy.
2017-08-19 21:26:26 UTC
Post by DavidK
They castigate Soozan for spreading gossip but they seem happy enough to
repeat it themselves.
Why do they imagine he is short when he owns two properties and presumably
inherits at least something from Gay Garbles?
I suppose he might be short of the readies but, there again, I doubt this
is more than a vehicle for Sooooozan's stupidity - I hope it runs her over.
Two properties .... were they renting in Italy?
If they were, it was a change of plan. When they were briefly back in
Ambridge they were certainly talking about buying in Italy.
They had problems - but definitely bought the place they were living in.
I do not grasp why there should be problems with cards or Oliver being
short of cash. Grey Gables might not be making much money and renting
out Grange Farm is cheap - but Oliver retired when he came to Ambridge
and the hint was that he bought for cash.
tiny.cc/KRWpics
Penny
2017-08-19 21:39:19 UTC
On Sat, 19 Aug 2017 22:26:26 +0100, krw <***@whitnet.uk> scrawled in the
dust...
Post by DavidK
Two properties .... were they renting in Italy?
If they were, it was a change of plan. When they were briefly back in
Ambridge they were certainly talking about buying in Italy.
They had problems - but definitely bought the place they were living in.
I do not grasp why there should be problems with cards or Oliver being
short of cash.
It seems far more likely he had the same problem as Flop and muddled his
PINs or the bank cocked up and froze the account by mistake thinking it was
he who had died.
2017-08-20 08:10:08 UTC
dust...
Post by DavidK
Two properties .... were they renting in Italy?
If they were, it was a change of plan. When they were briefly back in
Ambridge they were certainly talking about buying in Italy.
They had problems - but definitely bought the place they were living in.
I do not grasp why there should be problems with cards or Oliver being
short of cash.
It seems far more likely he had the same problem as Flop and muddled his
PINs or the bank cocked up and froze the account by mistake thinking it was
he who had died.
Wasn't pin, as his cards were using contactless scanning.
2017-08-20 06:54:35 UTC
Post by DavidK
[...]
Doesn't really hang together for all sorts of reasons. One of those
contrived events to fit purposes yet to be revealed? There will have been
a drain on accounts both in UK and Italy and Oliver may not be organised
sufficiently to have sorted the admin...........
2017-08-20 11:05:00 UTC
Doesn't really hang together for all sorts of reasons. One of those
contrived events to fit purposes yet to be revealed? There will have been
a drain on accounts both in UK and Italy and Oliver may not be organised
sufficiently to have sorted the admin...........
I think the whole thing is ridiculous. If the village shop machine
won't take Oliver's cards, there's more likely to be an issue with
their machine. Sounds like he was using a contactless connection, as
there wasn't time for him to put the PIN in.

Even if there was a minor hiccup with cashflow, it's unlikely that
he's maxed out his credit card or gone massively overdrawn, unless
he's not sorted out his UK/EU bank accounts. But Oliver is generally
an organised chap, so it's all completely OTT and will all be put down
to how stressed he is at losing Caroline. Handing out a few grand to
legatees isn't going to bankrupt him. And if there was a cashflow
issue, he would have just waited to give out the money until it was
available.

But it doesn't really matter what the explanation is, as it's just a
vehicle for Susan to have grabbed the wrong end of the stick with both
hands and waved it around wildly and making sure everyone in the
village is a) aware of it and b) speculating like there's no tomorrow.
2017-08-20 14:56:55 UTC
Post by Fenny
Post by Btms
[...]
Whilst feeling happy that nobody has inherited life changing bequests.
2017-08-20 22:50:24 UTC
On Sun, 20 Aug 2017 14:56:55 -0000 (UTC), Btms <***@thetames.me.uk>
Post by Fenny
But it doesn't really matter what the explanation is, as it's just a
vehicle for Susan to have grabbed the wrong end of the stick with both
hands and waved it around wildly and making sure everyone in the
village is a) aware of it and b) speculating like there's no tomorrow.
Whilst feeling happy that nobody has inherited life changing bequests.
I've been wondering what she did to 'improve' the kefir recipe. I reckon
whatever it was will have disastrous consequences. When her come-uppance
finally arrives it will be big!
2017-08-21 06:08:37 UTC
Post by Fenny
But it doesn't really matter what the explanation is, as it's just a
vehicle for Susan to have grabbed the wrong end of the stick with both
hands and waved it around wildly and making sure everyone in the
village is a) aware of it and b) speculating like there's no tomorrow.
Whilst feeling happy that nobody has inherited life changing bequests.
I've been wondering what she did to 'improve' the kefir recipe. I reckon
whatever it was will have disastrous consequences. When her come-uppance
finally arrives it will be big!
Fingers crossed. She didn't see the point when Tom wanted advice or
help until Clarrie suggested possible employment paths and now she
wants to make sure she is on top of any ladder, not Clarrie. I wonder
whether Clarrie has spotted a possible promotion and wage increase
chance?

Or might Susan be plotting her own line of cosmetics to sell alongside
Tom's foods? I suppose Clarrie never has the time to develop extras
like this, too busy doing all the jobs she can manage to pay the rent.
I was glad to hear Oliver say he wanted to make sure the Grundies kept
Grange farm as a home. Susan seems to pleased they might lose it.
Surely fate should make sure Emma gets her new home and that the
Grundies can stay on in Grange Farm even without her and Ed's
contribution? This is not nuggering Game of Thrones, where the worst
has to happen, and even there the misery is shared out evenly and the
bad do sometimes get theirs.
2017-08-21 07:53:01 UTC
Post by Fenny
But it doesn't really matter what the explanation is, as it's just a
vehicle for Susan to have grabbed the wrong end of the stick with both
hands and waved it around wildly and making sure everyone in the
village is a) aware of it and b) speculating like there's no tomorrow.
Whilst feeling happy that nobody has inherited life changing bequests.
I've been wondering what she did to 'improve' the kefir recipe. I reckon
whatever it was will have disastrous consequences. When her come-uppance
finally arrives it will be big!
Maybe she 'sweetened' it with sugar which, with the natural yeasts,
ferments and becomes alcoholic.....
2017-08-21 10:17:29 UTC
Post by Fenny
But it doesn't really matter what the explanation is, as it's just a
vehicle for Susan to have grabbed the wrong end of the stick with both
hands and waved it around wildly and making sure everyone in the
village is a) aware of it and b) speculating like there's no tomorrow.
Whilst feeling happy that nobody has inherited life changing bequests.
I've been wondering what she did to 'improve' the kefir recipe. I reckon
whatever it was will have disastrous consequences. When her come-uppance
finally arrives it will be big!
Doesn't bear thinking about, was waiting to hear Keira was having it too.

2017-08-20 11:32:17 UTC
Post by DavidK
They castigate Soozan for spreading gossip but they seem happy enough to
repeat it themselves.
Why do they imagine he is short when he owns two properties and presumably
inherits at least something from Gay Garbles?
I suppose he might be short of the readies but, there again, I doubt this
is more than a vehicle for Sooooozan's stupidity - I hope it runs her over.
Two properties .... were they renting in Italy?
If they were, it was a change of plan. When they were briefly back in
Ambridge they were certainly talking about buying in Italy.
Indeed, they re-thought how it could be achieved when Grange Farm wasn't a
selling asset.

2017-08-19 12:13:44 UTC
On Sat, 19 Aug 2017 11:54:43 GMT, Mike <***@ntlworld.com> scrawled
in the dust...
They castigate Soozan for spreading gossip but they seem happy enough to
repeat it themselves.
Why do they imagine he is short when he owns two properties and presumably
inherits at least something from Gay Garbles?
I thought they were joint owners.
Post by Mike
I suppose he might be short of the readies but, there again, I doubt this
is more than a vehicle for Sooooozan's stupidity - I hope it runs her over.
:)
2017-08-19 12:37:28 UTC
They castigate Soozan for spreading gossip but they seem happy enough to
repeat it themselves.
Why do they imagine he is short when he owns two properties and presumably
inherits at least something from Gay Garbles?
I suppose he might be short of the readies but, there again, I doubt this
is more than a vehicle for Sooooozan's stupidity - I hope it runs her over.
But folk are more than ready to peddle Soozan's news. They are as bad as
she is imho. Folk so willing to share bad news.
2017-08-19 17:48:39 UTC
They castigate Soozan for spreading gossip but they seem happy enough to
repeat it themselves.
Why do they imagine he is short when he owns two properties and presumably
inherits at least something from Gay Garbles?
I suppose he might be short of the readies but, there again, I doubt this
is more than a vehicle for Sooooozan's stupidity - I hope it runs her over.
But folk are more than ready to peddle Soozan's news. They are as bad as
she is imho. Folk so willing to share bad news.
Agreed. Especially as they should know, by now, that Susan's dirt is
frequently only in her own mind.
If God made us in his image, we've certainly returned the compliment
(Voltaire)