OT: Tate & Lyle redux
2017-07-08 23:51:38 UTC
To beet or not to beet: that was the question. And how "cane" was
vanishing from the T&L sugar labels as they apparently switched to beet.

Today I was trying to buy some golden syrup and neither Lyles nor any of
the others I saw on the shelves were able to convince me they were made
from cane sugar: does anybody know where you can get sugar-cane-based
golden syrup from these days?

Thanks,

2017-07-09 08:32:10 UTC
To beet or not to beet: that was the question. And how "cane" was
vanishing from the T&L sugar labels as they apparently switched to beet.
Today I was trying to buy some golden syrup and neither Lyles nor any of
the others I saw on the shelves were able to convince me they were made
from cane sugar: does anybody know where you can get sugar-cane-based
golden syrup from these days?
Thanks,
Nick
Jamaica?
No, she volunteered to.
No, she went in a Concord.
Mike
2017-07-09 10:08:31 UTC
To beet or not to beet: that was the question. And how "cane" was
vanishing from the T&L sugar labels as they apparently switched to beet.
Today I was trying to buy some golden syrup and neither Lyles nor any of
the others I saw on the shelves were able to convince me they were made
from cane sugar: does anybody know where you can get sugar-cane-based
golden syrup from these days?
Jamaica?
No, she went in a Concord.
Hope she didn't get a sugar rush, that would really have caned her....
A rum business.
Penny
2017-07-09 10:47:09 UTC
On Sun, 9 Jul 2017 00:51:38 +0100, Nick Odell
Post by Nick Odell
To beet or not to beet: that was the question. And how "cane" was
vanishing from the T&L sugar labels as they apparently switched to beet.
Today I was trying to buy some golden syrup and neither Lyles nor any of
the others I saw on the shelves were able to convince me they were made
from cane sugar: does anybody know where you can get sugar-cane-based
golden syrup from these days?
I blame Tate.
Maybe you need this https://steensyrup.com/ although I'm not sure it's the
same thing.

Which reminds me - must pick the currants and see if I have enough sugar.