BAG as choral piece?
2017-09-20 09:05:19 UTC
As I was typing my contribution to the micro-meet thread, I got to
thinking: I think Barwick Green would make an excellent choral piece -
_not_ with the words somerats have produced, excellent though those are,
but with just la and m (and maybe tum-te-tum). I can just imagine it,
with one of those choir conductors that have become so popular (I
understand) recently:

la la la la m-m-m-m-m (bases)
la la la la m-m-m-m-m (tenors)
la lala lala lala la la m-m-m-m: (altos)
tum-te-tum ... (tutti, in parts)

Can't you just visualise* it?

(* and audiolise$, but I actually see this as a visual spectacle too.)

[$ I've always thought that should be a word.]

Veni Vidi Visa [I came, I saw, I did a little shopping] - Mik from S+AS Limited
(***@saslimited.demon.co.uk), 1998
Nick Odell
2017-09-23 00:56:04 UTC
As I was typing my contribution to the micro-meet thread, I got to
thinking: I think Barwick Green would make an excellent choral piece -
_not_ with the words somerats have produced, excellent though those are,
but with just la and m (and maybe tum-te-tum). I can just imagine it,
with one of those choir conductors that have become so popular (I
la la la la m-m-m-m-m (bases)
la la la la m-m-m-m-m (tenors)
la lala lala lala la la m-m-m-m: (altos)
tum-te-tum ... (tutti, in parts)
Can't you just visualise* it?
(* and audiolise$, but I actually see this as a visual spectacle too.)
[$ I've always thought that should be a word.]
BAG is the airport code for Loakan in the Philippines and, having looked
at the airstrip and read the accident reports, I feel you might have
more success recording the improvised screams and howls of the
passengers on final approach and offering it to somewhere like -say- the
Huddersfield Contemporary Music Festival.

2017-09-23 09:32:36 UTC
BAG is the airport code for Loakan in the Philippines and, having looked
at the airstrip and read the accident reports, I feel you might have
more success recording the improvised screams and howls of the
passengers on final approach and offering it to somewhere like -say- the
Huddersfield Contemporary Music Festival.
Nick
BTN1
Not sure if I should be waiting for BTN2 before making a decision, but
accepted.
2017-09-23 11:08:19 UTC
BAG is the airport code for Loakan in the Philippines and, having looked
at the airstrip and read the accident reports, I feel you might have
more success recording the improvised screams and howls of the
passengers on final approach and offering it to somewhere like -say- the
Huddersfield Contemporary Music Festival.
Nick
BTN1
Not sure if I should be waiting for BTN2 before making a decision, but
accepted.
Yes, I’m sorry about that, it should have been a bang not a numeral (bl**dy
keyboard)
2017-09-23 12:42:07 UTC
BAG is the airport code for Loakan in the Philippines and, having looked
at the airstrip and read the accident reports, I feel you might have
more success recording the improvised screams and howls of the
passengers on final approach and offering it to somewhere like -say- the
Huddersfield Contemporary Music Festival.
Nick
BTN1
Not sure if I should be waiting for BTN2 before making a decision, but
accepted.
Yes, I’m sorry about that, it should have been a bang not a numeral (bl**dy
keyboard)
Bang or not: ta, very much<bang>

2017-09-23 13:18:42 UTC
Not sure if I should be waiting for BTN2 before making a decision, but
accepted.
Yes, I’m sorry about that, it should have been a bang not a numeral (bl**dy
keyboard)
Whoops - I forgot the smiley!
2017-09-23 11:20:16 UTC
On Wed, 20 Sep 2017 10:05:19 +0100, "J. P. Gilliver (John)"
Post by J. P. Gilliver (John)
As I was typing my contribution to the micro-meet thread, I got to
thinking: I think Barwick Green would make an excellent choral piece -
_not_ with the words somerats have produced, excellent though those are,
but with just la and m (and maybe tum-te-tum). I can just imagine it,
with one of those choir conductors that have become so popular (I
la la la la m-m-m-m-m (bases)
la la la la m-m-m-m-m (tenors)
la lala lala lala la la m-m-m-m: (altos)
tum-te-tum ... (tutti, in parts)
Can't you just visualise* it?
(* and audiolise$, but I actually see this as a visual spectacle too.)
I think The Spooky Men's Chorale could do a lovely job of it, they've been
practising the Star Spangled Banner recently

2017-09-24 21:51:48 UTC
Post by J. P. Gilliver (John)
As I was typing my contribution to the micro-meet thread, I got to
thinking: I think Barwick Green would make an excellent choral piece -
_not_ with the words somerats have produced, excellent though those are,
but with just la and m (and maybe tum-te-tum). I can just imagine it,
with one of those choir conductors that have become so popular (I
la la la la m-m-m-m-m (bases)
la la la la m-m-m-m-m (tenors)
la lala lala lala la la m-m-m-m: (altos)
tum-te-tum ... (tutti, in parts)
Can't you just visualise* it?
(* and audiolise$, but I actually see this as a visual spectacle too.)
I think The Spooky Men's Chorale could do a lovely job of it, they've been
practising the Star Spangled Banner recently
http://youtu.be/V12AkRf4VsE
Yes, I see (hear) what you mean! Anyone know them?

You make it from scratch?
Yep.
Do you make your own scratch?
"pyotr filipivich" in alt.windows7.general 2017-5-20
Penny
2017-09-24 23:24:50 UTC
On Sun, 24 Sep 2017 22:51:48 +0100, "J. P. Gilliver (John)"
I think The Spooky Men's Chorale could do a lovely job of it, they've been
practising the Star Spangled Banner recently
http://youtu.be/V12AkRf4VsE
Yes, I see (hear) what you mean! Anyone know them?
Well I've met them and did a Georgian chant workshop with some of them a
couple of years back but I think it's that time of year when they fly south
for the winter and maybe go back to their 'proper' jobs.
Meanwhile I am enjoying listening to all their recorded work which I bought
on-a-stick the other day :)
2017-09-25 07:50:52 UTC
I think The Spooky Men's Chorale could do a lovely job of it, they've been
practising the Star Spangled Banner recently
http://youtu.be/V12AkRf4VsE
Yes, I see (hear) what you mean! Anyone know them?
Indeed so, I've seen them a few times. They produce an amazing
sound, but can also be very funny too.

***@cdixon.me.uk