Discussion:
The Asian wedding
(too old to reply)
Sally Thompson
2018-07-30 23:06:24 UTC
Permalink
Raw Message
There have now been (I think) three casual references to the big Asian
wedding that Elizabeth is planning at Lower Loxley and how she hopes this
will be a lucrative future market.

It has just occurred to me that, on the grounds that you don't mention the
gun unless it's going to be fired, perhaps this will coincide with a police
raid on Freddy and his drugs.


--
Sally in Shropshire, UK
Mike
2018-07-31 05:52:58 UTC
Permalink
Raw Message
Sally Thompson <***@gmail.com.invalid> wrote:
> There have now been (I think) three casual references to the big Asian
> wedding that Elizabeth is planning at Lower Loxley and how she hopes this
> will be a lucrative future market.
>
> It has just occurred to me that, on the grounds that you don't mention the
> gun unless it's going to be fired, perhaps this will coincide with a police
> raid on Freddy and his drugs.
>
>

Oh YES PLEASE!

--
Toodle Pip
BrritSki
2018-07-31 06:57:38 UTC
Permalink
Raw Message
On 31/07/2018 01:06, Sally Thompson wrote:
> There have now been (I think) three casual references to the big Asian
> wedding that Elizabeth is planning at Lower Loxley and how she hopes this
> will be a lucrative future market.
>
> It has just occurred to me that, on the grounds that you don't mention the
> gun unless it's going to be fired, perhaps this will coincide with a police
> raid on Freddy and his drugs.
>
>
Or maybe the Asian cricketer will be there and their romance will be
rekindled?

Won't Freddie be in SA by then ? Maybe preparations will be interrupted
by news that he's been eaten by a Great WHite after Nollie carelessly
left the door of the shark cage unlocked.

OP. To one of the above anyway.
Kate B
2018-07-31 09:41:54 UTC
Permalink
Raw Message
On 31/07/2018 07:57, BrritSki wrote:
> On 31/07/2018 01:06, Sally Thompson wrote:
>> There have now been (I think) three casual references to the big Asian
>> wedding that Elizabeth is planning at Lower Loxley and how she hopes this
>> will be a lucrative future market.
>>
>> It has just occurred to me that, on the grounds that you don't mention
>> the
>> gun unless it's going to be fired, perhaps this will coincide with a
>> police
>> raid on Freddy and his drugs.
>>
>>
> Or maybe the Asian cricketer will be there and their romance will be
> rekindled?
>
> Won't Freddie be in SA by then ?  Maybe preparations will be interrupted
> by news that he's been eaten by a Great WHite after Nollie carelessly
> left the door of the shark cage unlocked.
>
> OP. To one of the above anyway.
>

I second the first one, and additionally OP a delightful (FCVO
delightful) rivalry between Isty and Farebrother Sr for the hand of the
merry widow.


--
Kate B
London
J. P. Gilliver (John)
2018-07-31 10:03:25 UTC
Permalink
Raw Message
In message <***@mid.individual.net>, Kate B
<***@nospam.demon.co.uk> writes:
>On 31/07/2018 07:57, BrritSki wrote:
[]
>> Or maybe the Asian cricketer will be there and their romance will be
>>rekindled?
[]
>I second the first one, and additionally OP a delightful (FCVO
>delightful) rivalry between Isty and Farebrother Sr for the hand of the
>merry widow.
>
>
Actually, merry is right - well, happy; Elizabeth/Lizzie does generally
seem to be happy these days, doesn't she? Not forced jollity/joviality
as some exhibit, but just quietly happy. A cloud may pass occasionally -
mainly to do with one twin or other - but her general demeanour.
--
J. P. Gilliver. UMRA: 1960/<1985 MB++G()AL-IS-Ch++(p)***@T+H+Sh0!:`)DNAf

Does my Bradshaw look big in this?
Vicky Ayech
2018-07-31 10:33:36 UTC
Permalink
Raw Message
On Tue, 31 Jul 2018 10:41:54 +0100, Kate B <***@nospam.demon.co.uk>
wrote:

>On 31/07/2018 07:57, BrritSki wrote:
>> On 31/07/2018 01:06, Sally Thompson wrote:
>>> There have now been (I think) three casual references to the big Asian
>>> wedding that Elizabeth is planning at Lower Loxley and how she hopes this
>>> will be a lucrative future market.
>>>
>>> It has just occurred to me that, on the grounds that you don't mention
>>> the
>>> gun unless it's going to be fired, perhaps this will coincide with a
>>> police
>>> raid on Freddy and his drugs.
>>>
>>>
>> Or maybe the Asian cricketer will be there and their romance will be
>> rekindled?
>>
>> Won't Freddie be in SA by then ?  Maybe preparations will be interrupted
>> by news that he's been eaten by a Great WHite after Nollie carelessly
>> left the door of the shark cage unlocked.
>>
>> OP. To one of the above anyway.
>>
>
>I second the first one, and additionally OP a delightful (FCVO
>delightful) rivalry between Isty and Farebrother Sr for the hand of the
>merry widow.

Elsewhere suggested Shula might allow Fairbrother to comfort her. The
rivalry could be between her and Elizabeth then maybe? :)

v
v
s
p
o
i
l
e
r
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
Spoilers from some newspaper teasing, maybe the Ambridge Observer,
that were posted said there will be a crisis at LL involving Freddy,
so I wonder if it will be the nasty drug pusher who scared him into
helping when Freddy wanted to stop. I wonder if, seeing his
subordinate pusher about to leave the country he tries to make suer he
will still be working for him, maybe more dangerously, across borders.
And if Freddy says no he does something bad to the building at LL and
the wedding is not able to happen there.

I was very disappointed with Anthony Head's first appearances. I'd
forgotten who it was and didn't like the way he arrived, and at the
end of the episode realised I'd meant to like him, but didn't much.
J. P. Gilliver (John)
2018-07-31 19:26:05 UTC
Permalink
Raw Message
In message <***@4ax.com>, Vicky Ayech
<***@gmail.com> writes:
[]
>v
>v
>s
>p
>o
>i
>l
>e
>r
>v
>v
>v
>v
>v
>v
>v
>v
>v
>v
>v
[]
>I was very disappointed with Anthony Head's first appearances. I'd
>forgotten who it was and didn't like the way he arrived, and at the
>end of the episode realised I'd meant to like him, but didn't much.

Suggests he's a good actor. I always think actors who play villains get
a bad break when it comes to public reaction. (Unless the "choose your
favourite character" poll, or whatever it is, also includes a "choose
the character you dislike most" too, and actually adds them.)

[Similarly, I've been thinking that my reaction, that David McCallum's
character in NCIS fits him like a glove, may be grossly unfair on his
acting ability; he may be nothing like the character (an avuncular old
pathologist - sort of QuincyMD for the 21st century), just a good actor.
(Which I'm sure he is anyway.)]
--
J. P. Gilliver. UMRA: 1960/<1985 MB++G()AL-IS-Ch++(p)***@T+H+Sh0!:`)DNAf

Of course some of it [television] is bad. But some of everything is bad -
books, music, family ... - Melvyn Bragg, RT 2017/7/1-7
Btms
2018-07-31 19:51:54 UTC
Permalink
Raw Message
J. P. Gilliver (John) <G6JPG-***@255soft.uk> wrote:
> In message <***@4ax.com>, Vicky Ayech
> <***@gmail.com> writes:
> []
>> v
>> v
>> s
>> p
>> o
>> i
>> l
>> e
>> r
>> v
>> v
>> v
>> v
>> v
>> v
>> v
>> v
>> v
>> v
>> v
> []
>> I was very disappointed with Anthony Head's first appearances. I'd
>> forgotten who it was and didn't like the way he arrived, and at the
>> end of the episode realised I'd meant to like him, but didn't much.
>
> Suggests he's a good actor. I always think actors who play villains get
> a bad break when it comes to public reaction. (Unless the "choose your
> favourite character" poll, or whatever it is, also includes a "choose
> the character you dislike most" too, and actually adds them.)
>
> [Similarly, I've been thinking that my reaction, that David McCallum's
> character in NCIS fits him like a glove, may be grossly unfair on his
> acting ability; he may be nothing like the character (an avuncular old
> pathologist - sort of QuincyMD for the 21st century), just a good actor.
> (Which I'm sure he is anyway.)]

The villain roles are popular with actors. I like Robin Fairbrother. I
tend to like that sort of man. Fortunately, they don’t deceive me.

--
BTMS - Equine Advisor Extraordinaire.
Jenny M Benson
2018-07-31 20:35:36 UTC
Permalink
Raw Message
> Suggests he's a good actor. I always think actors who play villains get
> a bad break when it comes to public reaction. (Unless the "choose your
> favourite character" poll, or whatever it is, also includes a "choose
> the character you dislike most" too, and actually adds them.)
>
> [Similarly, I've been thinking that my reaction, that David McCallum's
> character in NCIS fits him like a glove, may be grossly unfair on his
> acting ability; he may be nothing like the character (an avuncular old
> pathologist - sort of QuincyMD for the 21st century), just a good actor.
> (Which I'm sure he is anyway.)]

I always feel sorry for the actors who got the parts where the director
was looking for "a really ugly man/woman" or "someone who looks really
evil."

--
Jenny M Benson
http://jennygenes.blogspot.co.uk/
J. P. Gilliver (John)
2018-07-31 21:05:54 UTC
Permalink
Raw Message
In message <***@mid.individual.net>, Jenny M Benson
<***@hotmail.co.uk> writes:
[]
>I always feel sorry for the actors who got the parts where the director
>was looking for "a really ugly man/woman" or "someone who looks really
>evil."
>
Feel sorrier for the ones who _didn't_ get the job ... (-:
--
J. P. Gilliver. UMRA: 1960/<1985 MB++G()AL-IS-Ch++(p)***@T+H+Sh0!:`)DNAf

Capital flows toward lower costs like a river to lowest ground.
"MJ", 2015-12-05
vk
2018-07-31 14:25:17 UTC
Permalink
Raw Message
On 31/07/2018 10:41, Kate B wrote:
> On 31/07/2018 07:57, BrritSki wrote:
>> On 31/07/2018 01:06, Sally Thompson wrote:
>>> There have now been (I think) three casual references to the big Asian
>>> wedding that Elizabeth is planning at Lower Loxley and how she hopes
>>> this
>>> will be a lucrative future market.
>>>
>>> It has just occurred to me that, on the grounds that you don't
>>> mention the
>>> gun unless it's going to be fired, perhaps this will coincide with a
>>> police
>>> raid on Freddy and his drugs.
>>>
>>>
>> Or maybe the Asian cricketer will be there and their romance will be
>> rekindled?
>>
>> Won't Freddie be in SA by then ?  Maybe preparations will be
>> interrupted by news that he's been eaten by a Great WHite after Nollie
>> carelessly left the door of the shark cage unlocked.
>>
>> OP. To one of the above anyway.
>>
>
> I second the first one, and additionally OP a delightful (FCVO
> delightful) rivalry between Isty and Farebrother Sr for the hand of the
> merry widow.
>
>
Ifty.
Sid Nuncius
2018-07-31 18:02:30 UTC
Permalink
Raw Message
On 31/07/2018 15:25, vk wrote:
> On 31/07/2018 10:41, Kate B wrote:

>> I second the first one, and additionally OP a delightful (FCVO
>> delightful) rivalry between Isty and Farebrother Sr for the hand of
>> the merry widow.
>
> Ifty.

Bless you.

--
Sid (Make sure Matron is away when you reply)
Nick Odell
2018-07-31 23:49:26 UTC
Permalink
Raw Message
On 31/07/18 07:57, BrritSki wrote:
> On 31/07/2018 01:06, Sally Thompson wrote:
>> There have now been (I think) three casual references to the big Asian
>> wedding that Elizabeth is planning at Lower Loxley and how she hopes this
>> will be a lucrative future market.
>>
>> It has just occurred to me that, on the grounds that you don't mention
>> the
>> gun unless it's going to be fired, perhaps this will coincide with a
>> police
>> raid on Freddy and his drugs.
>>
>>
> Or maybe the Asian cricketer will be there and their romance will be
> rekindled?
>
Isn't the Asian cricketer rather busy trying to run a country at the moment?

Ah - hang on a moment. Perhaps there's more than one Asian cricketer. As
you were...

Nick
Vicky Ayech
2018-07-31 08:02:11 UTC
Permalink
Raw Message
On 30 Jul 2018 23:06:24 GMT, Sally Thompson
<***@gmail.com.invalid> wrote:

>There have now been (I think) three casual references to the big Asian
>wedding that Elizabeth is planning at Lower Loxley and how she hopes this
>will be a lucrative future market.
>
>It has just occurred to me that, on the grounds that you don't mention the
>gun unless it's going to be fired, perhaps this will coincide with a police
>raid on Freddy and his drugs.

I very much hooe Freddy is sorted out in some way before he goes East.
I think it would be less awful if he is in the English justice system.
Although it went badly for Helen, and let's not forget that other jail
bird, Susan :). I think Snappy should mention that if she has another
go at him.
krw
2018-08-05 15:43:00 UTC
Permalink
Raw Message
On 31/7/18 09:02, Vicky Ayech wrote; my response is lower down:
> I very much hooe Freddy is sorted out in some way before he goes East.

I think Freddie has gone west.

--
Kosmo Richard W
www.travelswmw.whitnet.uk
https://tinyurl.com/KRWpics
BrritSki
2018-08-05 19:38:32 UTC
Permalink
Raw Message
On 05/08/2018 17:43, krw wrote:
> On 31/7/18 09:02, Vicky Ayech wrote; my response is lower down:
>> I very much hooe Freddy is sorted out in some way before he goes East.
>
> I think Freddie has gone west.
>
Westward Hooe ! ?
Mike
2018-08-06 07:43:18 UTC
Permalink
Raw Message
BrritSki <***@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 05/08/2018 17:43, krw wrote:
>> On 31/7/18 09:02, Vicky Ayech wrote; my response is lower down:
>>> I very much hooe Freddy is sorted out in some way before he goes East.
>>
>> I think Freddie has gone west.
>>
> Westward Hooe ! ?
>
>

Perhaps he is off to the spice islands.

--
Toodle Pip
Sid Nuncius
2018-08-06 08:27:39 UTC
Permalink
Raw Message
On 05/08/2018 16:43, krw wrote:
> On 31/7/18 09:02, Vicky Ayech wrote; my response is lower down:
>> I very much hooe Freddy is sorted out in some way before he goes East.
>
> I think Freddie has gone west.

Oh for heaven's sake! We've had some ridiculous storylines in the past,
but introducing Fred West as a character is just plain...eh?

Oh. Sorry. As you were.

--
Sid (Make sure Matron is away when you reply)
Mike
2018-08-06 08:46:21 UTC
Permalink
Raw Message
Sid Nuncius <***@hotmail.co.uk> wrote:
> On 05/08/2018 16:43, krw wrote:
>> On 31/7/18 09:02, Vicky Ayech wrote; my response is lower down:
>>> I very much hooe Freddy is sorted out in some way before he goes East.
>>
>> I think Freddie has gone west.
>
> Oh for heaven's sake! We've had some ridiculous storylines in the past,
> but introducing Fred West as a character is just plain...eh?
>
> Oh. Sorry. As you were.
>

Another non listed member in that cast list is his friend Pat E.O. Digger,
I say call a spade a..... an instrument of crime?

--
Toodle Pip
Paul Herber
2018-08-06 09:27:15 UTC
Permalink
Raw Message
On Mon, 6 Aug 2018 09:27:39 +0100, Sid Nuncius <***@hotmail.co.uk> wrote:

>On 05/08/2018 16:43, krw wrote:
>> On 31/7/18 09:02, Vicky Ayech wrote; my response is lower down:
>>> I very much hooe Freddy is sorted out in some way before he goes East.
>>
>> I think Freddie has gone west.
>
>Oh for heaven's sake! We've had some ridiculous storylines in the past,
>but introducing Fred West as a character is just plain...eh?

Can't we just bury this story?


--
Regards, Paul Herber
http://www.paulherber.co.uk/
Fred
2018-08-07 07:19:45 UTC
Permalink
Raw Message
On Monday, 6 August 2018 10:27:16 UTC+1, Paul Herber wrote:
> On Mon, 6 Aug 2018 09:27:39 +0100, Sid Nuncius <***@hotmail.co.uk> wrote:
>
> >On 05/08/2018 16:43, krw wrote:
> >> On 31/7/18 09:02, Vicky Ayech wrote; my response is lower down:
> >>> I very much hooe Freddy is sorted out in some way before he goes East.
> >>
> >> I think Freddie has gone west.
> >
> >Oh for heaven's sake! We've had some ridiculous storylines in the past,
> >but introducing Fred West as a character is just plain...eh?
>
> Can't we just bury this story?
>
>
> --
> Regards, Paul Herber
> http://www.paulherber.co.uk/

I corpsed when I read that.
Fred
Mike
2018-08-07 07:57:54 UTC
Permalink
Raw Message
Fred <***@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Monday, 6 August 2018 10:27:16 UTC+1, Paul Herber wrote:
>> On Mon, 6 Aug 2018 09:27:39 +0100, Sid Nuncius <***@hotmail.co.uk> wrote:
>>
>>> On 05/08/2018 16:43, krw wrote:
>>>> On 31/7/18 09:02, Vicky Ayech wrote; my response is lower down:
>>>>> I very much hooe Freddy is sorted out in some way before he goes East.
>>>>
>>>> I think Freddie has gone west.
>>>
>>> Oh for heaven's sake! We've had some ridiculous storylines in the past,
>>> but introducing Fred West as a character is just plain...eh?
>>
>> Can't we just bury this story?
>>
>>
>> --
>> Regards, Paul Herber
>> http://www.paulherber.co.uk/
>
> I corpsed when I read that.
> Fred
>

Don’t dig it m’self.

--
Toodle Pip
Vicky Ayech
2018-08-07 08:26:11 UTC
Permalink
Raw Message
On Tue, 07 Aug 2018 07:57:54 GMT, Mike <***@ntlworld.com>
wrote:

>Fred <***@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Monday, 6 August 2018 10:27:16 UTC+1, Paul Herber wrote:
>>> On Mon, 6 Aug 2018 09:27:39 +0100, Sid Nuncius <***@hotmail.co.uk> wrote:
>>>
>>>> On 05/08/2018 16:43, krw wrote:
>>>>> On 31/7/18 09:02, Vicky Ayech wrote; my response is lower down:
>>>>>> I very much hooe Freddy is sorted out in some way before he goes East.
>>>>>
>>>>> I think Freddie has gone west.
>>>>
>>>> Oh for heaven's sake! We've had some ridiculous storylines in the past,
>>>> but introducing Fred West as a character is just plain...eh?
>>>
>>> Can't we just bury this story?
>>>
>>>
>>> --
>>> Regards, Paul Herber
>>> http://www.paulherber.co.uk/
>>
>> I corpsed when I read that.
>> Fred
>>
>
>Don’t dig it m’self.

Well, if you are digging it up Robin might want to check it out for
nasties.
Loading...