spoiler Thursday 2/8/18
2018-08-02 20:47:45 UTC
ssss
pppp
I enjoyed the last scene very much. I am in agreement with Jill that
Mr F is still a Bad Man and David should not have got drunk with him.
Although I suppose he had to be polite.

I quite enjoyed the Hannah and Emma scene and never liked Hannah, so
was expecting something bad from her. Surely any housing list would
prioritise Emma. Lived there all her life and small kids. Lower income
than Hannah. And as for being rude to her boss and boss's daughter, I
don't think anything can be done about that as she would scream unfair
dismissal. Or has she not been there long enough? Neil wouldn't
dismiss her probably anyway as he is fair.
J. P. Gilliver (John)
2018-08-03 01:25:02 UTC
In message <***@4ax.com>, Vicky Ayech
<***@gmail.com> writes:
>ssss
>pppp
>I enjoyed the last scene very much. I am in agreement with Jill that
>Mr F is still a Bad Man and David should not have got drunk with him.

When he was calling for a taxi to take him back to Ambridge Hall, I was
_so_ hoping that it would be a certain Uber driver. But I presume that
sideline has stopped and I didn't notice, as usual.

>Although I suppose he had to be polite.

Hmm. Getting drunk with someone is an aspect of politeness I've never
thought valid. Especially if I didn't like them to begin with.

>I quite enjoyed the Hannah and Emma scene and never liked Hannah, so
>was expecting something bad from her. Surely any housing list would
>prioritise Emma. Lived there all her life and small kids. Lower income
>than Hannah. And as for being rude to her boss and boss's daughter, I
>don't think anything can be done about that as she would scream unfair
>dismissal. Or has she not been there long enough? Neil wouldn't
>dismiss her probably anyway as he is fair.

Even if she hasn't been there long enough, she could still make a stink.
But as you say, I don't think Neil would do that anyway. He's (and I'm
partly with him) blaming Susan, though he'd never admit that, even to
himself.

We need a reversal of the old saying: "DON'T do unto others as you would have
them NOT do unto you." (Paraphrase from "The Moral Maze", 1998-11-21: it was an
attempt - quite good I thought - to get a modern [and non-specific] version.)
Vicky Ayech
2018-08-03 08:48:40 UTC
On Fri, 3 Aug 2018 02:25:02 +0100, "J. P. Gilliver (John)"
<G6JPG-***@255soft.uk> wrote:

>In message <***@4ax.com>, Vicky Ayech
><***@gmail.com> writes:
>>ssss
>>pppp
>>I enjoyed the last scene very much. I am in agreement with Jill that
>>Mr F is still a Bad Man and David should not have got drunk with him.
>
>When he was calling for a taxi to take him back to Ambridge Hall, I was
>_so_ hoping that it would be a certain Uber driver. But I presume that
>sideline has stopped and I didn't notice, as usual.
Well, we'd all have been wonderingwhether Rex would turn up and a
drunk Mr F would have another go at him, that being the trouble that
was forecast for Rex this week. But it would be so much cleverer not
to have him turn up. Can they resist?

>>Although I suppose he had to be polite.
>
>Hmm. Getting drunk with someone is an aspect of politeness I've never
>thought valid. Especially if I didn't like them to begin with.

Mr F seems to be a quest to get Fairbrothers loved by Archers. But
seems too crass to manage it. The frantic attempts to show off and
push his products seems a bit iffy in one newly arrived, under a cloud
and here to see a new baby. Is he on is uppers? Desperate
for some or any sales?
Or, since I want AG to be better than is being portrayed now, maybe
he's under cover in some way and will gather the youth of Ambridge
together in secret and fight Evil Ones who come up from the newly
discovered areas of pollution. Brian let them in!