Friday Spoiler
2017-04-07 18:41:45 UTC
Apologies if this is duplicated. It just won't send.
.
.
.
.

..
.
.

.
.
.
GASP!!!!!
198kHz
2017-04-07 23:13:40 UTC
Apologies if this is duplicated. It just won't send.
.
.
.
.
..
.
.
.
.
.
GASP!!!!!
GASP! - here also. Sparks may fly - indeed, I couldn't help thinking of
their "This Town Ain't Big Enough For Both Of Us".
198kHz
Serena Blanchflower
2017-04-08 08:54:15 UTC
Post by 198kHz
Post by Sally Thompson
Apologies if this is duplicated. It just won't send.
.
.
.
.
..
.
.
.
.
.
GASP!!!!!
GASP! - here also. Sparks may fly - indeed, I couldn't help thinking of
their "This Town Ain't Big Enough For Both Of Us".
Very much so. I'm also wondering who actually owns the Dower House
nowadays. We know Matt bought it "for Lillian" but it clearly wasn't
actually put in her name at that stage. He also reassured her, when his
assets were going to be seized, that he had made sure they wouldn't be
able to take the house but he didn't say what he had done to protect it.

Transferring it to Lillian's name (or, possibly, Amside's) would
certainly have been one way of doing it but I suspect it's owned by an
offshore company, controlled by Matt. Alternatively, it's possible that
the SWs have simply forgotten that Lillian doesn't actually own it.

If Matt is still the owner, things could get very interesting, very
quickly...
Think it possible that you may be mistaken. (Quaker Advices and Queries #17)
J. P. Gilliver (John)
2017-04-08 09:45:41 UTC
Post by 198kHz
Post by Sally Thompson
Apologies if this is duplicated. It just won't send.
.
.
.
.
..
.
.
.
.
.
GASP!!!!!
(More "groan" in my case.)
Post by Serena Blanchflower
Post by 198kHz
GASP! - here also. Sparks may fly - indeed, I couldn't help thinking of
their "This Town Ain't Big Enough For Both Of Us".
Very much so. I'm also wondering who actually owns the Dower House
nowadays. We know Matt bought it "for Lillian" but it clearly wasn't
I'd completely forgotten that - if I even knew it once; I tended to
glaze over for almost all the (financial at least) activities of Matt,
on the assumption that they were dodgy by default.
Post by Serena Blanchflower
actually put in her name at that stage. He also reassured her, when
his assets were going to be seized, that he had made sure they wouldn't
be able to take the house but he didn't say what he had done to protect
it.
Transferring it to Lillian's name (or, possibly, Amside's) would
certainly have been one way of doing it but I suspect it's owned by an
offshore company, controlled by Matt. Alternatively, it's possible
that the SWs have simply forgotten that Lillian doesn't actually own
it.
If Matt is still the owner, things could get very interesting, very
quickly...
Hmm. I'm very gullible, and tend to give new people the benefit of the
doubt rather too easily (I think I even had some time for Rob
initially), but I _think_ I'm not just viewing with the opposite of
rose-tinted hindsight: I never liked Matt, AFAICR. I personally think
Lil would be better off with Justout; for example, he does seem to be
getting on with the divorce arrangements.

Madness takes its toll. Please have exact change
[via Penny Mayes (***@pmail.net)]
Sally Thompson
2017-04-08 09:47:23 UTC
Post by 198kHz
Post by Sally Thompson
[...]
Somebody on Facebook said it was in a trust, which was why she couldn't
sell it. I don't remember that and AFAIAA she never mentioned selling it
anyway. She moved in with Jennifer and Brian mainly because she was lonely,
not for financial reasons.
2017-04-08 11:16:51 UTC
Post by 198kHz
Post by Sally Thompson
[...]
I'm pretty sure that it was never mentioned how Matt had protected the
house from the government but I suspect a trust would have been one
option. I remember a lot of discussion here about it at the time.
When your troubles are raining like cats and dogs... adopt a pet (Paula
Leech)
Chris McMillan
2017-04-08 11:57:10 UTC
Post by 198kHz
Post by Sally Thompson
[...]
Well, first Sunday scene ought to be FAL telling him exactly where to put
his tiger skin, thus showing Justin she means it, rather than her
dissolving into tears and forgiving her Tiger for stealing most of what he
got his claws on.

Second thought: Matt still owns the Dower House by some crafty means so
Justin has to get out anyway, and he and FAL - in due time - build a
property on his mum's cottage site. Why else would so much have been made
of Friday's epi? Meantime, either they live in one of Amside's more
desirable properties or move into GG. (The Garden Suite or whatever its
called these days?) until the best of Amside's properties is free.

Either way, I don't think shacking up at Home Farm is on the cards.

2017-04-08 12:55:51 UTC
Post by 198kHz
Post by Sally Thompson
[...]
Well, she should but I can't believe it's going to be that simple.
Post by Chris McMillan
Second thought: Matt still owns the Dower House by some crafty means so
Justin has to get out anyway, and he and FAL - in due time - build a
property on his mum's cottage site. Why else would so much have been made
of Friday's epi? Meantime, either they live in one of Amside's more
desirable properties or move into GG. (The Garden Suite or whatever its
called these days?) until the best of Amside's properties is free.
That sounds a good idea. Do we know where Justin's mum's house is? Is
it somewhere convenient for Ambridge?
Post by Chris McMillan
Either way, I don't think shacking up at Home Farm is on the cards.
Definitely not!
All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of thing shall
be well. (Julian of Norwich)
Mike
2017-04-08 13:37:49 UTC
Post by Chris McMillan
Either way, I don't think shacking up at Home Farm is on the cards.
Definitely not!
Oh I dunno, just see Matt settling down with Brian as a soul mate!!!
2017-04-09 12:30:39 UTC
On Sat, 8 Apr 2017 13:55:51 +0100, Serena Blanchflower
Post by Serena Blanchflower
That sounds a good idea. Do we know where Justin's mum's house is? Is
it somewhere convenient for Ambridge?
How very coincidental if it is!
2017-04-09 17:14:59 UTC
On Sun, 09 Apr 2017 13:30:39 +0100, Fenny
Post by Fenny
On Sat, 8 Apr 2017 13:55:51 +0100, Serena Blanchflower
Post by Serena Blanchflower
That sounds a good idea. Do we know where Justin's mum's house is? Is
it somewhere convenient for Ambridge?
How very coincidental if it is!
It's funny but I think I prefer Matt to Justin. Justin is so slimey.
2017-04-09 15:31:12 UTC
Post by Chris McMillan
Either way, I don't think shacking up at Home Farm is on the cards.
Definitely not!
It was too vague but probably not, of course for all we know Justin might
have been a local once, went to London and made his fortune/married
Miranda, and it was his mum who brought him back. We know he grew up in
Rhodesia now, but we don't know when he/his parents returned and where they
first settled. And we probably never will now Tiger's returned. Did Matt
have any actual friends or only business friends in BL. Now that's a scene
I'd love to hear!!

2017-04-09 19:57:01 UTC
On 09/04/2017 16:31, Chris McMillan wrote:

Of Justin
Post by Chris McMillan
We know he grew up in
Rhodesia now, but we don't know when he/his parents returned and where they
first settled.
Is it clear _which_ Rhodesia?

Does he have a Nottinghamshire accent?
2017-04-09 21:04:59 UTC
Of Justin
Post by Chris McMillan
We know he grew up in
Rhodesia now, but we don't know when he/his parents returned and where they
first settled.
Is it clear _which_ Rhodesia?
Does he have a Nottinghamshire accent?
My g-g-gparents lived in New Zealand, Rotherham
2017-04-10 09:33:21 UTC
Of Justin
Post by Chris McMillan
We know he grew up in
Rhodesia now, but we don't know when he/his parents returned and where they
first settled.
Is it clear _which_ Rhodesia?
Does he have a Nottinghamshire accent?
He just said Rhodesia.

2017-04-10 10:01:20 UTC
Of Justin
Post by Chris McMillan
We know he grew up in
Rhodesia now, but we don't know when he/his parents returned and where they
first settled.
Is it clear _which_ Rhodesia?
Does he have a Nottinghamshire accent?
He just said Rhodesia.
Sincerely Chris
A postie friend of mine once told me of a letter sent back to The UK from
Rhodesia for re-sorting as it had been posted in Yeovil for a destination
in Salisbury.
2017-04-10 10:50:01 UTC
Of Justin
Post by Chris McMillan
We know he grew up in
Rhodesia now, but we don't know when he/his parents returned and where they
first settled.
Is it clear _which_ Rhodesia?
Does he have a Nottinghamshire accent?
He just said Rhodesia.
Sincerely Chris
A postie friend of mine once told me of a letter sent back to The UK from
Rhodesia for re-sorting as it had been posted in Yeovil for a destination
in Salisbury.
Didn't somerat or otherat mention something about letters intended for
the British University of York being forwarded to them from York
University in Toronto?

Nick
Flop
2017-04-10 16:07:24 UTC
A postie friend of mine once told me of a letter sent back to The UK from
Rhodesia for re-sorting as it had been posted in Yeovil for a destination
in Salisbury.
Didn't somerat or otherat mention something about letters intended for
the British University of York being forwarded to them from York
University in Toronto?
Nick
I had a letter to:-

Mr XXX
43rd Floor
Prudential Building
Boston
MAxxxx
USA

returned from Lincolnshire. 'Address not known'

:-(
--
Flop
General Norman Schwarzkopf was asked if he thought there was room for
OUR job is to arrange the meeting."
Mike
2017-04-10 16:21:22 UTC
Post by Flop
A postie friend of mine once told me of a letter sent back to The UK from
Rhodesia for re-sorting as it had been posted in Yeovil for a destination
in Salisbury.
Didn't somerat or otherat mention something about letters intended for
the British University of York being forwarded to them from York
University in Toronto?
Nick
I had a letter to:-
Mr XXX
43rd Floor
Prudential Building
Boston
MAxxxx
USA
returned from Lincolnshire. 'Address not known'
:-(
Just don't post anything to an address in Towcester, it may end up under
the grill😉
Peter Percival
2017-04-10 16:35:51 UTC
Post by Flop
A postie friend of mine once told me of a letter sent back to The UK from
Rhodesia for re-sorting as it had been posted in Yeovil for a destination
in Salisbury.
Didn't somerat or otherat mention something about letters intended for
the British University of York being forwarded to them from York
University in Toronto?
Nick
I had a letter to:-
Mr XXX
43rd Floor
Prudential Building
Boston
MAxxxx
USA
returned from Lincolnshire. 'Address not known'
:-(
Just don't post anything to an address in Towcester, it may end up under
the grill😉
Wear Bear Grylls lyves.
to me what you really mean.
2017-04-11 06:42:26 UTC
Just don't post anything to an address in Towcester, it may end up under
the grill😉
I daresay items addressed to Twyford present a considerable temptation
to those sorting them.
Peter Percival
2017-04-10 16:31:02 UTC
Post by Flop
A postie friend of mine once told me of a letter sent back to The UK from
Rhodesia for re-sorting as it had been posted in Yeovil for a destination
in Salisbury.
Didn't somerat or otherat mention something about letters intended for
the British University of York being forwarded to them from York
University in Toronto?
Nick
I had a letter to:-
Mr XXX
43rd Floor
Prudential Building
Boston
MAxxxx
USA
returned from Lincolnshire. 'Address not known'
The postie thought "I'm not walking up to the 43rd Floor of anything!
I'll mark it 'Address not known'."
Post by Flop
:-(
to me what you really mean.
2017-04-10 14:40:24 UTC
Of Justin
Post by Chris McMillan
We know he grew up in
Rhodesia now, but we don't know when he/his parents returned and where they
first settled.
Is it clear _which_ Rhodesia?
Does he have a Nottinghamshire accent?
The Officers went to Kenya. The Other Ranks to Rhodesia. Just saying....re
the Parents. 😝
--
BTMS - Usurped as Editor in waiting