OT: Ping Sally, I know who you are, no spoilers (yet)
2017-08-15 15:15:06 UTC
We finished watching last night - are you up to date ?
Sally Thompson
2017-08-15 16:19:05 UTC
We finished watching last night - are you up to date ?
No, but husbad is. I'm about half way there. He says in the Spanish version
there were 16 episodes but only 10 on the BBC. He won't be drawn any
further but I'm looking forward to catching up!
2017-08-15 17:29:03 UTC
We finished watching last night - are you up to date ?
No, but husbad is. I'm about half way there. He says in the Spanish version
there were 16 episodes but only 10 on the BBC. He won't be drawn any
further but I'm looking forward to catching up!
Very well written and acted and a fantastic plot that is always
believable but you keep changing your opinion of all the main players.

Wonderful.
Sally Thompson
2017-08-15 21:50:03 UTC
We finished watching last night - are you up to date ?
No, but husbad is. I'm about half way there. He says in the Spanish version
there were 16 episodes but only 10 on the BBC. He won't be drawn any
further but I'm looking forward to catching up!
Very well written and acted and a fantastic plot that is always
believable but you keep changing your opinion of all the main players.
Wonderful.
I certainly agree with that as far as I've got. I've just not had the
quality time to give it my full attention but hope to do so this week.
2017-08-20 21:19:15 UTC
We finished watching last night - are you up to date ?
I've finished watching, BrritSki! Wow, what a cliffhanger. Fantastically
acted and so gripping.

We think that the 6 extra episodes broadcast in Spain might appear here
sometime.

I must go and calm down.
2017-08-21 08:27:04 UTC
We finished watching last night - are you up to date ?
I've finished watching, BrritSki! Wow, what a cliffhanger. Fantastically
acted and so gripping.
We think that the 6 extra episodes broadcast in Spain might appear here
sometime.
I must go and calm down.
And according to my researches, they will be broadcast later this year - by
which time I will have forgotten everything. I have a question about the
motorbike

Spoiler alert

The chap in the scrapyard had been paid by Heredia to move Ezequiel's
motorbike - but how did Heredia know about it? Was it pre-arranged that
Juan Elias would shoot him then? Because Juan Elias wouldn't have had a
chance to alert Heredia because of his accident. Or am I missing something?
2017-08-21 08:33:25 UTC
We finished watching last night - are you up to date ?
I've finished watching, BrritSki! Wow, what a cliffhanger. Fantastically
acted and so gripping.
We think that the 6 extra episodes broadcast in Spain might appear here
sometime.
I must go and calm down.
And according to my researches, they will be broadcast later this year - by
which time I will have forgotten everything. I have a question about the
motorbike
Spoiler alert
The chap in the scrapyard had been paid by Heredia to move Ezequiel's
motorbike - but how did Heredia know about it? Was it pre-arranged that
Juan Elias would shoot him then? Because Juan Elias wouldn't have had a
chance to alert Heredia because of his accident. Or am I missing something?
Oooh, good points, but considering how complex the plot was, or at least
in how it was presented to us as viewers, there were remarkably few
holes in the plot, unlike "Trust Me" which was so ridiculous that it
just made us laugh and give it up very soon into the 2nd epi (I know,
what took us so long?)

Can't wait to find out how it all pans out, they are a remarkably
unpleasant bunch, even Eva has her moments, but the cop seems likeable.

Here's hoping the Eliases get what they deserve, like the appalling Puss
in Top of The Lake....
DavidK
2017-08-21 09:48:07 UTC
Here's hoping the Eliases get what they deserve, like the appalling Puss
in Top of The Lake....
I agree Puss was appalling, but not unremittingly so, he seemed to be
genuinely on the side of the surrogate-mothers. Both series* seemed
slightly weird and different from the usual crime-thriller.

I enjoyed the the second series a lot more and I thought it explored the
issues of rape, sex-workers, and surrogacy in an interesting way but I
felt that I wanted more explanation of why he was encouraging his
girl-friend to prostitute herself and I'm sure he would have had a
better explanation than mere malice.

*I was convinced that these were series 2 and 3 of a trilogy but
Wikipedia convinced me that I was thinking of Deep Water.
BrritSki
2017-08-21 11:19:17 UTC
Post by DavidK
Post by BrritSki
Here's hoping the Eliases get what they deserve, like the appalling
Puss in Top of The Lake....
I agree Puss was appalling, but not unremittingly so, he seemed to be
genuinely on the side of the surrogate-mothers.
We are watching it as it's broadcast so haven't seen the end yet. Puss
is clearly nuts, although some of his rationale's make some kind of
sense. Nicole Kidman's character was also appalling in many ways.
DavidK
2017-09-23 17:49:31 UTC
We finished watching last night - are you up to date ?
I've finished watching, BrritSki! Wow, what a cliffhanger. Fantastically
acted and so gripping.
We think that the 6 extra episodes broadcast in Spain might appear here
sometime.
I must go and calm down.
And according to my researches, they will be broadcast later this year - by
which time I will have forgotten everything. I have a question about the
motorbike
Spoiler alert
The chap in the scrapyard had been paid by Heredia to move Ezequiel's
motorbike - but how did Heredia know about it? Was it pre-arranged that
Juan Elias would shoot him then? Because Juan Elias wouldn't have had a
chance to alert Heredia because of his accident. Or am I missing something?
We've just finished the first 10. That was infuriating to stop there. If
I hadn't researched it I would have thought that was the actual ending,
like Amber Umbrella. Good point about the motorbike, Heredia must know
more than he's letting on. Anyone who hasn't peeped want to bet virtual
chocolate on who stabbed Alicia? I reckon 3/4 Juan Elías, 1/4 Charry's
brother, 1/100 the field.