ambridge weather
2018-03-01 08:21:09 UTC
What are the odds on a TI today. Or, will the peculiar Borsetshire climate
protect Ambridge?
Cornwall is supposed to get attacked on two fronts today. Here on the
North Coast it is still clear but raining with a few snow flakes mixed in.
Maybe this is Borsetshire in another universe.
Mike
2018-03-01 08:58:31 UTC
Btms <***@thetames.me.uk> wrote:
> What are the odds on a TI today. Or, will the peculiar Borsetshire climate
> protect Ambridge?
> Cornwall is supposed to get attacked on two fronts today. Here on the
> North Coast it is still clear but raining with a few snow flakes mixed in.
> Maybe this is Borsetshire in another universe.

Communications with Ambridge may be a little flakey at present.

2018-03-01 09:16:57 UTC
Mike <***@ntlworld.com> wrote:
> Btms <***@thetames.me.uk> wrote:
>> What are the odds on a TI today. Or, will the peculiar Borsetshire climate
>> protect Ambridge?
>> Cornwall is supposed to get attacked on two fronts today. Here on the
>> North Coast it is still clear but raining with a few snow flakes mixed in.
>> Maybe this is Borsetshire in another universe.
>>

> Communications with Ambridge may be a little flakey at present.

Proper snow now. We are told Emma is on her way? I would suspect TA
listeners at the met office but apparently she is named by the Portuguese.

2018-03-01 09:56:09 UTC
On Thu, 1 Mar 2018 09:16:57 -0000 (UTC), Btms <***@thetames.me.uk>
scrawled in the dust...

>Proper snow now. We are told Emma is on her way? I would suspect TA
>listeners at the met office but apparently she is named by the Portuguese.

She's heading for S Wales where they now have a red alert!
I hope she'll have run out of steam by the time she gets here.
2018-03-01 12:02:41 UTC
On 01/03/2018 10:56, Penny wrote:
> On Thu, 1 Mar 2018 09:16:57 -0000 (UTC), Btms <***@thetames.me.uk>
> scrawled in the dust...
>
>> Proper snow now. We are told Emma is on her way? I would suspect TA
>> listeners at the met office but apparently she is named by the Portuguese.
>
> She's heading for S Wales where they now have a red alert!
> I hope she'll have run out of steam by the time she gets here.

Red alert in our village in Italy today, but we made it out OK
yesterday. Our flight from Nice to Stansted was delayed by about an hour
because the plane had to be de-iced twice before it left Stansted to
come and get us.

Lots of snow flurries yesterday interspersed with bright sunshine, but
roads all clear so taxi to Bedford was fine (and £40 cheaper than the
train - how crazy is that).

Roads in Bedford this morning were fine too, pavements not so much, so I
now have a very sore hip :(
Btms
2018-03-01 12:38:01 UTC
BrritSki <***@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 01/03/2018 10:56, Penny wrote:
>> On Thu, 1 Mar 2018 09:16:57 -0000 (UTC), Btms <***@thetames.me.uk>
>> scrawled in the dust...
>>
>>> Proper snow now. We are told Emma is on her way? I would suspect TA
>>> listeners at the met office but apparently she is named by the Portuguese.
>>
>> She's heading for S Wales where they now have a red alert!
>> I hope she'll have run out of steam by the time she gets here.
>>
> Red alert in our village in Italy today, but we made it out OK
> yesterday. Our flight from Nice to Stansted was delayed by about an hour
> because the plane had to be de-iced twice before it left Stansted to
> come and get us.
>
> Lots of snow flurries yesterday interspersed with bright sunshine, but
> roads all clear so taxi to Bedford was fine (and £40 cheaper than the
> train - how crazy is that).
>
> Roads in Bedford this morning were fine too, pavements not so much, so I
> now have a very sore hip :(

Ouch.

2018-03-01 13:34:01 UTC
BrritSki <***@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 01/03/2018 10:56, Penny wrote:
>> On Thu, 1 Mar 2018 09:16:57 -0000 (UTC), Btms <***@thetames.me.uk>
>> scrawled in the dust...
>>
>>> Proper snow now. We are told Emma is on her way? I would suspect TA
>>> listeners at the met office but apparently she is named by the Portuguese.
>>
>> She's heading for S Wales where they now have a red alert!
>> I hope she'll have run out of steam by the time she gets here.
>>
> Red alert in our village in Italy today, but we made it out OK
> yesterday. Our flight from Nice to Stansted was delayed by about an hour
> because the plane had to be de-iced twice before it left Stansted to
> come and get us.
>
> Lots of snow flurries yesterday interspersed with bright sunshine, but
> roads all clear so taxi to Bedford was fine (and £40 cheaper than the
> train - how crazy is that).
>
> Roads in Bedford this morning were fine too, pavements not so much, so I
> now have a very sore hip :(

Lay off the Shires, Britters! :) Glad to hear you and Vib have landed
safely.

2018-03-01 13:55:04 UTC
On 01/03/2018 14:34, Chris McMillan wrote:
> BrritSki <***@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On 01/03/2018 10:56, Penny wrote:
>>> On Thu, 1 Mar 2018 09:16:57 -0000 (UTC), Btms <***@thetames.me.uk>
>>> scrawled in the dust...

>>> She's heading for S Wales where they now have a red alert!
>>> I hope she'll have run out of steam by the time she gets here.
>>>
>> Red alert in our village in Italy today, but we made it out OK
>> yesterday. Our flight from Nice to Stansted was delayed by about an hour
>> because the plane had to be de-iced twice before it left Stansted to
>> come and get us.
>>
>> Lots of snow flurries yesterday interspersed with bright sunshine, but
>> roads all clear so taxi to Bedford was fine (and £40 cheaper than the
>> train - how crazy is that).
>>
>> Roads in Bedford this morning were fine too, pavements not so much, so I
>> now have a very sore hip :(
>>

> Lay off the Shires, Britters! :)

Magari !

a. it was about 10.30 this morning and
b. I am on a strct calorie controlled diet which limits me to 1 small
glass of wine per night...
Kate B
2018-03-01 15:19:50 UTC
On 01/03/2018 13:55, BrritSki wrote:
> On 01/03/2018 14:34, Chris McMillan wrote:
>> BrritSki <***@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> Red alert in our village in Italy today, but we made it out OK
>>> yesterday. Our flight from Nice to Stansted was delayed by about an hour
>>> because the plane had to be de-iced twice before it left Stansted to
>>> come and get us.
>>>
>>> Lots of snow flurries yesterday interspersed with bright sunshine, but
>>> roads all clear so taxi to Bedford was fine (and £40 cheaper than the
>>> train - how crazy is that).
>>>
>>> Roads in Bedford this morning were fine too, pavements not so much, so I
>>> now have a very sore hip  :(
>>>

>> Lay off the Shires, Britters!  :)
>
> Magari !
>
> a. it was about 10.30 this morning and
> b. I am on a strct calorie controlled diet which limits me to 1 small
> glass of wine per night...

Good grief, I hope it's just bruises and amour-propre and is all better
soon.

2018-03-01 15:29:28 UTC
On 01/03/2018 16:19, Kate B wrote:
> On 01/03/2018 13:55, BrritSki wrote:

>>> Lay off the Shires, Britters!  :)
>>
>> Magari !
>>
>> a. it was about 10.30 this morning and
>> b. I am on a strct calorie controlled diet which limits me to 1 small
>> glass of wine per night...
>>

> Good grief, I hope it's just bruises and amour-propre and is all better
> soon.

All is fine. It was interesting that people came out of the two
establishments I was walking by to ask if I was OK. The second, and
estate agent, asked if I wanted to come in and sit down, to which I
replied "Yes please, we were just coming in to see you anyway !"

:)
Serena Blanchflower
2018-03-01 20:51:29 UTC
On 01/03/2018 15:29, BrritSki wrote:
> All is fine. It was interesting that people came out of the two
> establishments I was walking by to ask if I was OK. The second, and
> estate agent, asked if I wanted to come in and sit down, to which I
> replied "Yes please, we were just coming in to see you anyway !"
>
> :)

Glad that the damage wasn't too bad and that help was available, if
you'd needed it. Hope you're not too stiff and sore tomorrow.

War does not determine who is right - only who is left.
Nick Odell
2018-03-01 13:46:38 UTC
On 01/03/18 12:02, BrritSki wrote:
> On 01/03/2018 10:56, Penny wrote:
>> On Thu, 1 Mar 2018 09:16:57 -0000 (UTC), Btms <***@thetames.me.uk>
>> scrawled in the dust...
>>
>>> Proper snow now.  We are told Emma is on her way? I would suspect TA
>>> listeners at the met office but apparently she is named by the
>>> Portuguese.
>>
>> She's heading for S Wales where they now have a red alert!
>> I hope she'll have run out of steam by the time she gets here.
>>
> Red alert in our village in Italy today, but we made it out OK
> yesterday. Our flight from Nice to Stansted was delayed by about an hour
> because the plane had to be de-iced twice before it left Stansted to
> come and get us.
>
> Lots of snow flurries yesterday interspersed with bright sunshine, but
> roads all clear so taxi to Bedford was fine (and £40 cheaper than the
> train - how crazy is that).
>
> Roads in Bedford this morning were fine too, pavements not so much, so I
> now have a very sore hip  :(

Glad you got back (almost) safely. Best wishes for the hip recovery.

2018-03-01 13:57:27 UTC
On Thu, 01 Mar 2018 13:02:41 +0100, BrritSki wrote:

[]

> Roads in Bedford this morning were fine too, pavements not so much, so I
> now have a very sore hip :(

Did you say "Your wife is a big hippo" when it happened?

2018-03-01 15:01:03 UTC

I think it was more succinct than that. "Shit", if memory serves.
steveski
2018-03-01 15:15:55 UTC
On Thu, 01 Mar 2018 16:01:03 +0100, BrritSki wrote:

> On 01/03/2018 14:57, steveski wrote:
>> On Thu, 01 Mar 2018 13:02:41 +0100, BrritSki wrote:
>>
>> []
>>
>>> Roads in Bedford this morning were fine too, pavements not so much, so
>>> I now have a very sore hip :(
>>
>> Did you say "Your wife is a big hippo" when it happened?
>>
> I think it was more succinct than that. "Shit", if memory serves.

I don't know what that is in Agatean . . .

2018-03-01 15:27:47 UTC

I have no idea what you are smoking bro, but send some round please...
steveski
2018-03-01 15:33:31 UTC
On Thu, 01 Mar 2018 16:27:47 +0100, BrritSki wrote:

> On 01/03/2018 16:15, steveski wrote:
>> On Thu, 01 Mar 2018 16:01:03 +0100, BrritSki wrote:
>>
>>> On 01/03/2018 14:57, steveski wrote

>>> I think it was more succinct than that. "Shit", if memory serves.
>>
>> I don't know what that is in Agatean . . .
>>
> I have no idea what you are smoking bro, but send some round please...

Sorry Brritters - I can never remember who does and who doesn't read
Pratchett on UMRA.

I take it that you are one of the ones who "doesn't.

:-)

2018-03-01 16:06:24 UTC
On 01/03/18 15:33, steveski wrote:
> On Thu, 01 Mar 2018 16:27:47 +0100, BrritSki wrote:

>>> I don't know what that is in Agatean . . .
>>>
>> I have no idea what you are smoking bro, but send some round please...
>
> Sorry Brritters - I can never remember who does and who doesn't read
> Pratchett on UMRA.

I didn't know Pratchett was on UMRA. Wot's his nom-de-usenet?

2018-03-01 16:34:51 UTC
On Thu, 01 Mar 2018 16:06:24 +0000, Nick Odell wrote:

> On 01/03/18 15:33, steveski wrote:

>>> I have no idea what you are smoking bro, but send some round please...
>>
>> Sorry Brritters - I can never remember who does and who doesn't read
>> Pratchett on UMRA.
>>

> I didn't know Pratchett was on UMRA. Wot's his nom-de-usenet?

Serious answer - many years ago when he used to participate in
alt.fan.pratchett et al he was . . . erm . . ."Terry Pratchett" . . . :-)
That was before the hoo-hah about 'plagiarism'.