Why was . . .
2017-08-26 21:57:53 UTC
. . . the bastard love-child of Dickie Davies and Jimmy Greaves handing
out the medals at the Women's rugby next to Billy Beaumont . . ?
Marmaduke Jinks
2017-08-26 22:23:23 UTC
. . . the bastard love-child of Dickie Davies and Jimmy Greaves handing
out the medals at the Women's rugby next to Billy Beaumont . . ?
I said to my other half - "That's Jimmy Greaves"

MJ
Marmaduke Jinks
2017-08-26 22:29:30 UTC
Post by Marmaduke Jinks
Post by steveski
. . . the bastard love-child of Dickie Davies and Jimmy Greaves handing
out the medals at the Women's rugby next to Billy Beaumont . . ?
I said to my other half - "That's Jimmy Greaves"
MJ
Which reminds me of one of my favourite football stories.

Barry Fry (ex-manager of Barnet, Birmingham and Peterborough) was a very
good England school boy footballer; who never made it professionally. He
said someone told him "You could be the next Jimmy Greaves". He then added
"so I skipped the football and went straight to the drink". ;-)

MJ