Radio Times/BBC Credits and Spoilers - week ending 27th July 2018
2018-07-19 08:53:06 UTC

Adam Macy - Andrew Wincott
Elizabeth Pargetter - Alison Dowling
Lily Pargetter - Katie Redford
Lynda Snell - Carole Boyd

Director : Julie Beckett
Editor : Alison Hindell
Writer : Tim Stimpson

Spoilers:
Sunday 22nd - Pip is in trouble, and Neil finds himself torn.
Monday 23rd - Rex comes to the rescue, and Phoebe smells a rat.
Tuesday 24th - There's a shock for Anisha and an emotional farewell at
Home Farm.
Wednesday 25th - Toby has an announcement to make, and Alice attempts to
be diplomatic.
Thursday 26th - Lily comes clean, and Emma is left disappointed.
Friday 27th - Contemporary drama in a rural setting.

-------------------------

They are being very mysterious about Friday. RT and BBC both just have a
generic spoiler. I suspect that a shock is planned.

Hollie Chapman is busy this week, apparenty taking on the part of
Phoebe, as well as Alice. Or maybe this is a mistake and Phoebe is still
being voiced by Lucy Morris.
2018-07-19 09:16:42 UTC
Jill Archer    -    Patricia Greene
David Archer    -    Timothy Bentinck
Ruth Archer    -    Felicity Finch
Pip Archer    -    Daisy Badger
Josh Archer    -    Angus Imrie
Brian Aldridge    -    Charles Collingwood
Jennifer Aldridge    -    Angela Piper
Debbie Aldridge    -    Tamsin Greig
Phoebe Aldridge    -    Hollie Chapman
Lilian Bellamy    -    Sunny Ormonde
Neil Carter    -    Brian Hewlett
Susan Carter    -    Charlotte Martin
Chris Carter    -    Wilf Scolding
Alice Carter    -    Hollie Chapman
Rex Fairbrother    -    Nick Barber
Toby Fairbrother    -    Rhys Bevan
Emma Grundy    -    Emerald O'Hanrahan
Shula Hebden Lloyd    -    Judy Bennett
Anisha Jayakody    -    Anneika Rose
Alistair Lloyd    -    Michael Lumsden
[...]
I was wondering, last night, when Brian was talking to Adam, whether he
was about to have a (possibly terminal) heart attack, or something of
that nature.
If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to be a horrible
warning. (Catherine Aird)
p***@never.here
2018-07-19 10:03:18 UTC
On Thu, 19 Jul 2018 10:16:42 +0100, Serena Blanchflower
[...]
A possibility, it was suggested when the Alistair/ Shula divorce saga
started the both her and her husband (Brian) wanted out. No idea
whether there is truth in it.
Pete
Mike
2018-07-19 12:51:58 UTC
[...]
Were Brian to KtB, would the fines die with him?
2018-07-19 12:56:35 UTC
[...]
No, his estate would be liable for his debts[1]. He would be immune from
prosecution though and so couldn't be fined, on top of being liable for
the costs of the clean up.

[1] Depending on what he actually owns and what belongs to the business
(and who owns that) it's possible that his estate would be insolvent and
that the Environment Agency would be left out of pocket.
Warning, keyboard not found. Press Enter to continue.
krw
2018-07-19 13:02:06 UTC
Were Brian to KtB, would the fines die with him?
Has he been formally cautioned and charged?
2018-07-19 13:36:32 UTC
Were Brian to KtB, would the fines die with him?
Has he been formally cautioned and charged?
I don't think so but it's been made clear that he should expect this to
happen. The costs he's facing so far aren't, technically, fines but are
the costs of the clear up operation.
Blessed are the cracked, for they shall let in the light (Groucho Marx)
p***@never.here
2018-07-19 10:06:36 UTC
On Thu, 19 Jul 2018 09:53:06 +0100, carolet
[...]
I'm sure it's happened before but I've only just noticed it.

I can just imagine Linda's sniffy response at being at the bottom of
the cast list <g>
Pete
carolet
2018-07-19 18:52:28 UTC
Post by p***@never.here
[...]
it is not unusual for her to be bottom of the list.

Regulars are usually listed by alphabetical order of surname, and there
are not many which start with a later letter, those that there are, such
as the following, tend not to appear very frequently:
Coriander Snell
Leonie Snell
Oliver Sterling
Carol Tregorran (possibly Anna, as well)
Roy Tucker (other Tuckers could also appear but probably won't)
Wayne Tucson
Lexi Viktorova
Peggy Woolley

(Robert Snell is usually listed above Lynda.)

Characters that are not firm regulars, just as Ellis and Hannah, also
appear at the bottom, along with one-offs, such as doctors.

Having said that, now that I actually look back at the last 12-months'
worth of cast lists, Lynda seems to be at the bottom only about 3 times,
and is there with others following about 30 times. There have a lot more
non-regular / one-off characters that I thought.
Peter Percival
2018-07-19 16:11:48 UTC
Friday 27th - Contemporary drama in a rural setting.
I've never understood contemporary such-and-such. Isn't it two or more
things or people that are contemporary?
krw
2018-07-19 16:23:10 UTC
Friday 27th - Contemporary drama in a rural setting.
I've never understood contemporary such-and-such.  Isn't it two or more
things or people that are contemporary?
Online defintion: adjective
1. living or occurring at the same time.
"the event was recorded by a contemporary historian"

2.
belonging to or occurring in the present.
"the tension and complexities of our contemporary society"

So I assume the interpretation here is the second one - a rurally set
drama taking place in the current time.
2018-07-19 16:23:40 UTC
Friday 27th - Contemporary drama in a rural setting.
I've never understood contemporary such-and-such.  Isn't it two or more
things or people that are contemporary?
No, two or more events may be contemporaneous.

Contemporary means "of the current time".

I love it when you talk dirty.
Peter Percival
2018-07-19 19:05:43 UTC
Friday 27th - Contemporary drama in a rural setting.
I've never understood contemporary such-and-such.  Isn't it two or
more things or people that are contemporary?
No, two or more events may be contemporaneous.
Well, yes, I was including events under things.
john
Peter Percival
2018-07-29 14:58:31 UTC
Friday 27th - Contemporary drama in a rural setting.
I've never understood contemporary such-and-such.  Isn't it two or
more things or people that are contemporary?
No, two or more events may be contemporaneous.
Contemporary means "of the current time".
I deg to biffer. It means "of the same time" and therefore is only
applicable to two or more things. That's "things" in the broad sense
that includes people, events,... So one may correctly claim "Aristotle
and Philip II of Macedon were contemporaries" though neither is of the
current time.

Btms
2018-07-19 19:30:34 UTC
[...]
This should be the other way around surely?
Post by carolet
Monday 23rd - Rex comes to the rescue, and Phoebe smells a rat.
Hmmm?
Post by carolet
Tuesday 24th - There's a shock for Anisha
Jolly good

and an emotional farewell at
Post by carolet
Home Farm.
Bye Debbie.
Post by carolet
Wednesday 25th - Toby has an announcement to make,
It’s a boy,
and Alice attempts to
Post by carolet
be diplomatic.
Anf fail, owing to lack of practise.
Post by carolet
Thursday 26th - Lily comes clean,
Really?

and Emma is left disappointed.

She can’t afford the affordable houses.......how often have we tried to
tell her!
Post by carolet
Friday 27th - Contemporary drama in a rural setting.
Yes we know.
Clive Arthur
2018-07-20 21:57:04 UTC
They are being very mysterious about Friday. RT and BBC both just have a
generic spoiler. I suspect that a shock is planned.
Joe - farmer's lung. Or maybe farmers' lung. Or Farmer Slung.

Possible deathbed revelation about Nic's deathbed revelation.
Cheers
Clive
Sally Thompson
2018-07-21 07:15:08 UTC
Post by Clive Arthur
Post by carolet
They are being very mysterious about Friday. RT and BBC both just have a
generic spoiler. I suspect that a shock is planned.
Joe - farmer's lung. Or maybe farmers' lung. Or Farmer Slung.
Possible deathbed revelation about Nic's deathbed revelation.
Cheers
I think there has been a spoiler on Radio 4 news this morning. A voice from
the past (and no, I'm glad to say it isn't Rob!).
Clive Arthur
2018-07-21 09:25:53 UTC
Post by Clive Arthur
Post by carolet
They are being very mysterious about Friday. RT and BBC both just have a
generic spoiler. I suspect that a shock is planned.
Joe - farmer's lung. Or maybe farmers' lung. Or Farmer Slung.
Possible deathbed revelation about Nic's deathbed revelation.
Cheers
I think there has been a spoiler on Radio 4 news this morning. A voice from
the past (and no, I'm glad to say it isn't Rob!).
Phil already spoke from beyond the grave ("use the force, David", or
something like that), so with luck Walter will turn up.

Cheers
Clive
krw
2018-07-21 09:43:09 UTC
Post by Clive Arthur
Post by carolet
They are being very mysterious about Friday. RT and BBC both just have a
generic spoiler. I suspect that a shock is planned.
Joe - farmer's lung. Or maybe farmers' lung. Or Farmer Slung.
Possible deathbed revelation about Nic's deathbed revelation.
Cheers
I think there has been a spoiler on Radio 4 news this morning. A voice from
the past (and no, I'm glad to say it isn't Rob!).
Apparently not previously voiced, so Antony Head does not have to match
up to any previous performer.

A grandfather too any minute. Hope his heart can take it, given that
his daughter has just been murdered in Emmerdale.
2018-07-21 13:05:37 UTC
Apparently not previously voiced, so Antony Head does not have to match
up to any previous performer.
Giles is moving to Ambridge? I wonder how many Slayers he'll bring
with him :-)
2018-07-21 08:02:47 UTC
They are being very mysterious about Friday. RT and BBC both just have
a generic spoiler. I suspect that a shock is planned.
Joe - farmer's lung.  Or maybe farmers' lung.  Or Farmer Slung.
Possible deathbed revelation about Nic's deathbed revelation.
I thought Jenny's comment last night, about being able to cope with
losing bricks and mortar, so long as she didn't lose any of the people
she loved, sounded rather ominous.
Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside a dog, it's too
dark to read. (Groucho Marx)
Btms
2018-07-21 09:00:16 UTC
They are being very mysterious about Friday. RT and BBC both just have
a generic spoiler. I suspect that a shock is planned.
Joe - farmer's lung.  Or maybe farmers' lung.  Or Farmer Slung.
Possible deathbed revelation about Nic's deathbed revelation.
I thought Jenny's comment last night, about being able to cope with
losing bricks and mortar, so long as she didn't lose any of the people
she loved, sounded rather ominous.
Hmm..... maybe they have done enough death with the Nic story for the time
being? Hopefully this was an allusion to what the Grundy’s have
experienced recently. But your point is well made. Oh dear.
John Finlay
2018-07-21 10:51:29 UTC
They are being very mysterious about Friday. RT and BBC both just have
a generic spoiler. I suspect that a shock is planned.
Joe - farmer's lung.  Or maybe farmers' lung.  Or Farmer Slung.
Possible deathbed revelation about Nic's deathbed revelation.
I thought Jenny's comment last night, about being able to cope with
losing bricks and mortar, so long as she didn't lose any of the people
she loved, sounded rather ominous.
Hmm..... maybe they have done enough death with the Nic story for the time
being? Hopefully this was an allusion to what the Grundy’s have
experienced recently. But your point is well made. Oh dear.
I fear Snappy will place an all or nothing bet on a horse, lose it and
decide that there is only one way out of his troubles. Plenty of access
to the right drugs. It would chime in with the current debate about
male suicides.
Mike
2018-07-21 12:11:45 UTC
Post by John Finlay
They are being very mysterious about Friday. RT and BBC both just have
a generic spoiler. I suspect that a shock is planned.
Joe - farmer's lung.  Or maybe farmers' lung.  Or Farmer Slung.
Possible deathbed revelation about Nic's deathbed revelation.
I thought Jenny's comment last night, about being able to cope with
losing bricks and mortar, so long as she didn't lose any of the people
she loved, sounded rather ominous.
Hmm..... maybe they have done enough death with the Nic story for the time
being? Hopefully this was an allusion to what the Grundy’s have
experienced recently. But your point is well made. Oh dear.
I fear Snappy will place an all or nothing bet on a horse, lose it and
decide that there is only one way out of his troubles. Plenty of access
to the right drugs. It would chime in with the current debate about
male suicides.
He could combine his huge card playing losses with drugs, isn’t there
something called Ace?
2018-07-21 13:03:24 UTC
Post by John Finlay
[...]
That sounds all too possible but I really hope they don't take that option.
"No one can defeat us unless we first defeat ourselves." - Dwight D.
Eisenhower
Vicky Ayech
2018-07-21 17:03:13 UTC
On Sat, 21 Jul 2018 14:03:24 +0100, Serena Blanchflower
Post by Serena Blanchflower
Post by John Finlay
[...]
We had Greg doing it and Will going off to do it until stopped by Ed
and Eddy. We had Ed taking ..was it drugs or drink and getting down
and out and homeless. I think having Snappy top himself after Nigel
daying and the nastiness of the Rob story would be very bad indeed.

There are bound to be deaths soon as many Ambridge residents are
pretty elderly. There will be sadness but does not have to be the
extra misery of suicide. I won't have it! I demand they return to an
EVERY DAY story of country folk. I want to hear about the difficulties
of young people finding housing and jobs locally, about the ups and
downs of farming because of trends, weather, the economy. Just normal
stuff please.
Chris McMillan
2018-07-21 11:55:26 UTC
They are being very mysterious about Friday. RT and BBC both just have
a generic spoiler. I suspect that a shock is planned.
Joe - farmer's lung.  Or maybe farmers' lung.  Or Farmer Slung.
Possible deathbed revelation about Nic's deathbed revelation.
I thought Jenny's comment last night, about being able to cope with
losing bricks and mortar, so long as she didn't lose any of the people
she loved, sounded rather ominous.
McT reckons she’s probably still not used all her shiny new (kitchen)
gadgets. Brackets to foil Britters!

2018-07-21 12:14:39 UTC
They are being very mysterious about Friday. RT and BBC both just have
a generic spoiler. I suspect that a shock is planned.
Joe - farmer's lung.  Or maybe farmers' lung.  Or Farmer Slung.
Possible deathbed revelation about Nic's deathbed revelation.
I thought Jenny's comment last night, about being able to cope with
losing bricks and mortar, so long as she didn't lose any of the people
she loved, sounded rather ominous.
McT reckons she’s probably still not used all her shiny new (kitchen)
gadgets. Brackets to foil Britters!
Sincerely Chris
Britters won’t be put off by a mere pair of brackets! (Mind that hot water
tap by your... ouch! I told you to mind the hot ....)
Quite. He's already loosened his braces...
Mike
2018-07-22 21:13:45 UTC
Sunday 22nd - Pip is in trouble, and Neil finds himself torn.
Monday 23rd - Rex comes to the rescue, and Phoebe smells a rat.
Tuesday 24th - There's a shock for Anisha and an emotional farewell at
Home Farm.
Wednesday 25th - Toby has an announcement to make, and Alice attempts to
be diplomatic.
Thursday 26th - Lily comes clean, and Emma is left disappointed.
Friday 27th - Contemporary drama in a rural setting.
I think Monday's spoiler becomes more obvious after tonight. Not that it's
a surprise to anyone. Presumabubbly that tips Rex into not leaving, hence
shock for Anisha.
2018-07-23 08:10:01 UTC
Sunday 22nd - Pip is in trouble, and Neil finds himself torn.
Monday 23rd - Rex comes to the rescue, and Phoebe smells a rat.
Tuesday 24th - There's a shock for Anisha and an emotional farewell at
Home Farm.
Wednesday 25th - Toby has an announcement to make, and Alice attempts to
be diplomatic.
Thursday 26th - Lily comes clean, and Emma is left disappointed.
Friday 27th - Contemporary drama in a rural setting.
I think Monday's spoiler becomes more obvious after tonight. Not that it's
a surprise to anyone. Presumabubbly that tips Rex into not leaving, hence
shock for Anisha.
Looks like Emma will discover that affordable housing isn’t affordable for
the likes of Emmur!