Helen leaving?
2017-06-30 14:19:33 UTC
Helen off to pastures new:

http://www.itv.com/coronationstreet/news/louiza-patikas-casting-moira

tiny.cc/KRWpics
Rosalind Mitchell
2017-06-30 18:58:32 UTC
On 30/06/17 15:19, krw wrote:
> Helen off to pastures new:
>
> http://www.itv.com/coronationstreet/news/louiza-patikas-casting-moira

Corrie has a big following in Canada. She's probably off there for a
character transplant.

I do distinctly remember a time, though, when Umrats devoutly wished her
to go on a trip to Africa, there to meet a nasty fate involving a
hippopotamus and its swirling tail distributing faecal matter over a
wide area. Isn't that where the umratic association of hippos
originated? Did we not play Pin The Tail On The Hippo in Cheltenham?

Or should I be whipped into a fine froth and left in a low oven for a while?

Rosqb
Penny
2017-06-30 21:40:19 UTC
On Fri, 30 Jun 2017 19:58:32 +0100, Rosalind Mitchell
<***@phonecoop.coop> scrawled in the dust...

>On 30/06/17 15:19, krw wrote:
>> Helen off to pastures new:

>I do distinctly remember a time, though, when Umrats devoutly wished her
>to go on a trip to Africa, there to meet a nasty fate involving a
>hippopotamus and its swirling tail distributing faecal matter over a
>wide area. Isn't that where the umratic association of hippos
>originated? Did we not play Pin The Tail On The Hippo in Cheltenham?
>
>Or should I be whipped into a fine froth and left in a low oven for a while?

Get those beaters out, it was pin the tail on the krait, I have photos to
prove it :)

Quite why Krait was beating Hellin in the despised stakes at that time (Feb
2001) I don't recall. I do remember a Min tee shirt which featured a hippo
complete with spinnable tail but that was BBQ '99,

That was fun, flicking through photos of implausibly young looking umrats
:)
2017-07-01 11:05:34 UTC
Penny <***@labyrinth.freeuk.com> wrote:
> On Fri, 30 Jun 2017 19:58:32 +0100, Rosalind Mitchell
> <***@phonecoop.coop> scrawled in the dust...
>
>> On 30/06/17 15:19, krw wrote:
>>> Helen off to pastures new:
>
>> I do distinctly remember a time, though, when Umrats devoutly wished her
>> to go on a trip to Africa, there to meet a nasty fate involving a
>> hippopotamus and its swirling tail distributing faecal matter over a
>> wide area. Isn't that where the umratic association of hippos
>> originated? Did we not play Pin The Tail On The Hippo in Cheltenham?
>>
>> Or should I be whipped into a fine froth and left in a low oven for a while?
>
> Get those beaters out, it was pin the tail on the krait, I have photos to
> prove it :)
>
> Quite why Krait was beating Hellin in the despised stakes at that time (Feb
> 2001) I don't recall. I do remember a Min tee shirt which featured a hippo
> complete with spinnable tail but that was BBQ '99,
>
> That was fun, flicking through photos of implausibly young looking umrats
> :)

Probably when the hippos turned up in the big TQT fundraising table - we
still love them, they're looking at me as I type on the top of the unused
gas fire opposite us.

2017-07-01 11:10:19 UTC
On 01-Jul-17 12:05 PM, Chris McMillan wrote:
> Probably when the hippos turned up in the big TQT fundraising table - we
> still love them, they're looking at me as I type on the top of the unused
> gas fire opposite us.

Not the auction. They were the Guess the Weight of the Hippo competition.

2017-07-02 17:59:19 UTC
Jenny M Benson <***@hotmail.co.uk> wrote:
> On 01-Jul-17 12:05 PM, Chris McMillan wrote:
>> Probably when the hippos turned up in the big TQT fundraising table - we
>> still love them, they're looking at me as I type on the top of the unused
>> gas fire opposite us.
>
> Not the auction. They were the Guess the Weight of the Hippo competition.

Which year was that? Can't get at my photos via iPad. :)

2017-07-03 16:54:03 UTC
On 02-Jul-17 06:59 PM, Chris McMillan wrote:
>> Not the auction. They were the Guess the Weight of the Hippo competition.
>>
> Which year was that? Can't get at my photos via iPad.:)

1999. (So last century, I always think!)
2017-07-03 18:15:20 UTC
Jenny M Benson <***@hotmail.co.uk> wrote:
> On 02-Jul-17 06:59 PM, Chris McMillan wrote:
>>> Not the auction. They were the Guess the Weight of the Hippo competition.
>>>
>> Which year was that? Can't get at my photos via iPad.:)
>
> 1999. (So last century, I always think!)

LOL, scarily a long time ago!

2017-07-03 18:21:00 UTC
On Mon, 03 Jul 2017 18:15:20 GMT, Chris McMillan
<***@ntlworld.com> wrote:

>Jenny M Benson <***@hotmail.co.uk> wrote:
>>>>
>>> Which year was that? Can't get at my photos via iPad.:)
>>
>> 1999. (So last century, I always think!)
>
>LOL, scarily a long time ago!

I moved here in 1999!
2017-07-04 09:13:49 UTC

http://www.radiotimes.com/news/2017-07-04/coronation-street-first-look-pic-louiza-patikas---aka-helen-from-the-archers---makes-her-debut-as-lizs-new-boss?ns_mchannel=social&ns_campaign=bbc_the_archers&ns_source=twitter&ns_linkname=radio_and_music

https://tinyurl.com/y7xexn5e

tiny.cc/KRWpics
Chris McMillan
2017-07-04 11:05:11 UTC
krw <***@whitnet.uk> wrote:
> On 30/06/2017 15:19, krw wrote; my response is lower down:
>> Helen off to pastures new:
>>
>> http://www.itv.com/coronationstreet/news/louiza-patikas-casting-moira
>>

> http://www.radiotimes.com/news/2017-07-04/coronation-street-first-look-pic-louiza-patikas---aka-helen-from-the-archers---makes-her-debut-as-lizs-new-boss?ns_mchannel=social&ns_campaign=bbc_the_archers&ns_source=twitter&ns_linkname=radio_and_music
>
> https://tinyurl.com/y7xexn5e

And isn't/wasn't Kate Oates a TA production person?

2017-07-04 11:28:49 UTC
Chris McMillan <***@ntlworld.com> wrote:
> krw <***@whitnet.uk> wrote:
>> On 30/06/2017 15:19, krw wrote; my response is lower down:
>>> Helen off to pastures new:
>>>
>>> http://www.itv.com/coronationstreet/news/louiza-patikas-casting-moira
>>>

>> http://www.radiotimes.com/news/2017-07-04/coronation-street-first-look-pic-louiza-patikas---aka-helen-from-the-archers---makes-her-debut-as-lizs-new-boss?ns_mchannel=social&ns_campaign=bbc_the_archers&ns_source=twitter&ns_linkname=radio_and_music
>>
>> https://tinyurl.com/y7xexn5e
>>

> And isn't/wasn't Kate Oates a TA production person?
>
> Sincerely Chris

Perhaps she is doing porridge now?

Paul Herber
2017-07-04 12:49:20 UTC
On Tue, 04 Jul 2017 11:28:49 GMT, Mike <***@ntlworld.com> wrote:

>Chris McMillan <***@ntlworld.com> wrote:
>> krw <***@whitnet.uk> wrote:

>>> http://www.radiotimes.com/news/2017-07-04/coronation-street-first-look-pic-louiza-patikas---aka-helen-from-the-archers---makes-her-debut-as-lizs-new-boss?ns_mchannel=social&ns_campaign=bbc_the_archers&ns_source=twitter&ns_linkname=radio_and_music
>>>
>>> https://tinyurl.com/y7xexn5e
>>>

>> And isn't/wasn't Kate Oates a TA production person?
>>
>> Sincerely Chris
>>

>Perhaps she is doing porridge now?

As long as she hasn't gone outside ...

--
Regards, Paul Herber
http://www.paulherber.co.uk/
Mike
2017-07-04 13:01:32 UTC
Paul Herber <***@pherber.com> wrote:
> On Tue, 04 Jul 2017 11:28:49 GMT, Mike <***@ntlworld.com> wrote:
>
>> Chris McMillan <***@ntlworld.com> wrote:

>>> And isn't/wasn't Kate Oates a TA production person?
>>>
>>> Sincerely Chris
>>>

>> Perhaps she is doing porridge now?
>
> As long as she hasn't gone outside ...

Perhaps she works via a cell phone.

2017-07-04 18:50:22 UTC
In message <ojfm8a$1ej7$***@gioia.aioe.org>, krw <***@whitnet.uk> writes:
>On 30/06/2017 15:19, krw wrote; my response is lower down:
>> Helen off to pastures new:
>>
>>http://www.itv.com/coronationstreet/news/louiza-patikas-casting-moira
>>
>http://www.radiotimes.com/news/2017-07-04/coronation-street-first-look-p
>ic-louiza-patikas---aka-helen-from-the-archers---makes-her-debut-as-lizs
>-new-boss?ns_mchannel=social&ns_campaign=bbc_the_archers&ns_source=twitt
>er&ns_linkname=radio_and_music
>
>https://tinyurl.com/y7xexn5e

I don't need to read the article, having read the URL!

"The wish of the lazy to allow unsupervised access [to the internet] to their
children should not reduce all adults browsing to the level of suitability for
five-year-old." Yaman Akdeniz, quoted in Inter//face (The Times, 1999-2-10):
p12
krw
2017-07-04 09:19:02 UTC
On 30/06/2017 15:19, krw wrote; my response is lower down:
> Helen off to pastures new:
>
> http://www.itv.com/coronationstreet/news/louiza-patikas-casting-moira

And the TA twitter feed has confirmed that sadly she is not leaving.

tiny.cc/KRWpics