Tonight's podcast is available.
2017-08-11 11:50:03 UTC
tiny.cc/KRWpics
DavidK
2017-08-11 14:28:33 UTC
On 11/08/17 12:50, krw wrote:
Really? I calculate it should have url
http://open.live.bbc.co.uk/mediaselector/5/redir/version/2.0/mediaset/audio-nondrm-download/proto/http/vpid/b0902v55.mp3
but that doesn't work. What are you using?
steveski
2017-08-12 00:10:10 UTC
Post by DavidK
but that doesn't work. What are you using?
I just went to the podcast website a few minutes after David posted and -
voila!
2017-08-12 00:17:36 UTC
Post by DavidK
but that doesn't work. What are you using?
I just went to the podcast website a few minutes after David posted and -
voila!
I just go to http://www.bbc.co.uk/podcasts/series/archers (though I see
that now turns into
http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b006qpgr/episodes/downloads, but that
doesn't matter), on the rare occasions when I miss the broadcast. I was
a bit puzzled by the subject line: I usually find it is there soon after
broadcast (though very occasionally they _have_ forgotten, or failed to
put it up for some reason not subsequently disclosed).

All change is not growth, as all movement is not forward. -Ellen Glasgow,
novelist (1874-1945)
Sally Thompson
2017-08-12 09:30:55 UTC
Post by DavidK
but that doesn't work. What are you using?
I just went to the podcast website a few minutes after David posted and -
voila!
I just go to http://www.bbc.co.uk/podcasts/series/archers (though I see
that now turns into
http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b006qpgr/episodes/downloads, but that
doesn't matter), on the rare occasions when I miss the broadcast. I was
a bit puzzled by the subject line: I usually find it is there soon after
broadcast (though very occasionally they _have_ forgotten, or failed to
put it up for some reason not subsequently disclosed).
On Downcast I noticed it was shown as available well before the broadcast
(early afternoon).
2017-08-12 21:47:22 UTC
Post by DavidK
but that doesn't work. What are you using?
I just went to the podcast website a few minutes after David posted and -
voila!
I just go to http://www.bbc.co.uk/podcasts/series/archers (though I see
that now turns into
http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b006qpgr/episodes/downloads, but that
doesn't matter), on the rare occasions when I miss the broadcast. I was
a bit puzzled by the subject line: I usually find it is there soon after
broadcast (though very occasionally they _have_ forgotten, or failed to
put it up for some reason not subsequently disclosed).
On Downcast I noticed it was shown as available well before the broadcast
(early afternoon).
My original post was timed at 12:50, about 6 hours before it should appear.
tiny.cc/KRWpics
BrritSki
2017-08-14 10:41:51 UTC
Post by DavidK
but that doesn't work. What are you using?
I just went to the podcast website a few minutes after David posted and -
voila!
I just go to http://www.bbc.co.uk/podcasts/series/archers (though I see
that now turns into
http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b006qpgr/episodes/downloads, but that
doesn't matter), on the rare occasions when I miss the broadcast. I was
a bit puzzled by the subject line: I usually find it is there soon after
broadcast (though very occasionally they _have_ forgotten, or failed to
put it up for some reason not subsequently disclosed).
On Downcast I noticed it was shown as available well before the broadcast
(early afternoon).
My original post was timed at 12:50, about 6 hours before it should appear.
This explains a lot.

I listen again usually the day after, either late morning or in the
afternoon.

Yesterday I thought I had an unlistened epi to catch up on so went to
the website, started Friday's epi and saw that I'd already listened to
it. Odd I thought, must be having a senior moment.

Then later yesterday morning I happened to catch a bit of the Omni where
Snappy was explaining about talking to Maurice and knew that I wasn't so
senior as to have forgotten a whole bit like that.

I then remembered this thread and comprehension dawned, so I have now
listened to Thursday's epi as well which explains a lot about the
already-heard Friday edition !