Possible plot line for TA?
2017-07-06 15:55:41 UTC
Hygienic bees have just been featured in R4's Inside Science; the bees (not
species specific) clean out any infected larvae and this means the hive
stays healthy. Honey anyone?
2017-07-06 16:17:58 UTC
Do they suffer from OCB ?
Peter Percival
2017-07-06 18:16:50 UTC
Hygienic bees have just been featured in R4's Inside Science; the bees (not
species specific) clean out any infected larvae and this means the hive
stays healthy. Honey anyone?
Do they suffer from OCB ?
Perhaps a course of CBeeT would help.
to me what you really mean.
2017-07-07 05:17:56 UTC
Post by Peter Percival
Hygienic bees have just been featured in R4's Inside Science; the bees (not
species specific) clean out any infected larvae and this means the hive
stays healthy. Honey anyone?
Do they suffer from OCB ?
Perhaps a course of CBeeT would help.
Dr. Sid would prescribe a combination of antibeeotics and beeta-blockers.
2017-07-07 16:57:34 UTC
On Fri, 7 Jul 2017 06:17:56 +0100, Sid Nuncius
Post by Sid Nuncius
Post by Peter Percival
Hygienic bees have just been featured in R4's Inside Science; the bees (not
species specific) clean out any infected larvae and this means the hive
stays healthy. Honey anyone?
Do they suffer from OCB ?
Perhaps a course of CBeeT would help.
Dr. Sid would prescribe a combination of antibeeotics and beeta-blockers.
But over reliance on the anti-beeotics is going to kill us all off
soon enough.
Peter Percival
2017-07-07 18:02:14 UTC
Post by Sid Nuncius
Post by Peter Percival
Hygienic bees have just been featured in R4's Inside Science;
the bees (not species specific) clean out any infected larvae
and this means the hive stays healthy. Honey anyone?
Do they suffer from OCB ?
Perhaps a course of CBeeT would help.
Dr. Sid would prescribe a combination of antibeeotics and
beeta-blockers.
But over reliance on the anti-beeotics is going to kill us all off
soon enough.
The Ruskies(*) used bacteriophage years ago to kill (at least some)
bacteria. I wonder what became of that?

(*) I use the (only slightly, I think) derogatory term because they are
the enemy. I don't know why they are the enemy, but they are just as
Iran and North Korea are. AIA in being puzzled at the vituperation
directed at North Korea over its missile and nuclear programmes by
nations that have vast numbers of missiles and nuclear weapons of their
own? If "the west" tries to make a deal with Kim Jong-un to get him to
give up his nuclear ambitions, will he say "and if I do so will I be
rewarded by being sodomised with a broomstick(**) and shot?"

(**) I think there is some disagreement over whether Gaddafi was
sodomised with a broomstick or a bayonet.
to me what you really mean.
2017-07-08 06:03:39 UTC
Post by Sid Nuncius
Post by Peter Percival
Hygienic bees have just been featured in R4's Inside Science; the
bees (not species specific) clean out any infected larvae and this
means the hive stays healthy. Honey anyone?
Do they suffer from OCB ?
Perhaps a course of CBeeT would help.
Dr. Sid would prescribe a combination of antibeeotics and
beeta-blockers.
But over reliance on the anti-beeotics is going to kill us all off soon
enough.
Bee vitamins?
And ant-bee oxidants which reduce bee radicals, beejuvenate the
epbeedermal tissues and...

All right, all right. There's really no need for that kind of language.
2017-07-08 09:06:50 UTC
On Sat, 8 Jul 2017 07:03:39 +0100, Sid Nuncius
Post by Sid Nuncius
Post by Peter Percival
Hygienic bees have just been featured in R4's Inside Science; the
bees (not species specific) clean out any infected larvae and this
means the hive stays healthy. Honey anyone?
Do they suffer from OCB ?
Perhaps a course of CBeeT would help.
Dr. Sid would prescribe a combination of antibeeotics and
beeta-blockers.
But over reliance on the anti-beeotics is going to kill us all off soon
enough.
Bee vitamins?
And ant-bee oxidants which reduce bee radicals, beejuvenate the
epbeedermal tissues and...
All right, all right. There's really no need for that kind of language.
My mum was a beautician and used products that had stuff that came
from bees. Royal Jelly.
2017-07-08 10:56:36 UTC
On Sat, 08 Jul 2017 10:06:50 +0100, Vicky <***@gmail.com> scrawled
in the dust...
Post by Vicky
My mum was a beautician and used products that had stuff that came
from bees. Royal Jelly.
A friend's beekeeping father used to eat Royal jelly everyday. He didn't
turn into a bee like Roald Dahl's chap but he did live to a ripe old age
despite being terminally obnoxious to his daughter.
2017-07-08 12:37:23 UTC
in the dust...
Post by Vicky
My mum was a beautician and used products that had stuff that came
from bees. Royal Jelly.
A friend's beekeeping father used to eat Royal jelly everyday. He didn't
turn into a bee like Roald Dahl's chap but he did live to a ripe old age
despite being terminally obnoxious to his daughter.
ISTR, from the days when I kept bees, that the general consensus was
that Royal Jelly was amazing stuff but to get any real benefit from it
you needed to bathe in your own weight of the stuff every day.
The truth is rarely pure and never simple. (Oscar Wilde)
Penny
2017-07-08 13:35:28 UTC
On Sat, 8 Jul 2017 13:37:23 +0100, Serena Blanchflower
in the dust...
Post by Vicky
My mum was a beautician and used products that had stuff that came
from bees. Royal Jelly.
A friend's beekeeping father used to eat Royal jelly everyday. He didn't
turn into a bee like Roald Dahl's chap but he did live to a ripe old age
despite being terminally obnoxious to his daughter.
ISTR, from the days when I kept bees, that the general consensus was
that Royal Jelly was amazing stuff but to get any real benefit from it
you needed to bathe in your own weight of the stuff every day.
I vaguely recall Len saying it was good for his arthritis (he was slightly
less obnoxious towards me ).
Peter Percival
2017-07-08 14:49:53 UTC
Post by Vicky
My mum was a beautician and used products that had stuff that
came from bees. Royal Jelly.
A friend's beekeeping father used to eat Royal jelly everyday. He
didn't turn into a bee like Roald Dahl's chap but he did live to a
ripe old age despite being terminally obnoxious to his daughter.
ISTR, from the days when I kept bees, that the general consensus was
that Royal Jelly was amazing stuff but to get any real benefit from
it you needed to bathe in your own weight of the stuff every day.
Do you want it passed-your-eyes? Oh no, that's milk isn't it?
to me what you really mean.
2017-07-08 15:11:41 UTC
Post by Peter Percival
Post by Vicky
My mum was a beautician and used products that had stuff that
came from bees. Royal Jelly.
A friend's beekeeping father used to eat Royal jelly everyday. He
didn't turn into a bee like Roald Dahl's chap but he did live to a
ripe old age despite being terminally obnoxious to his daughter.
ISTR, from the days when I kept bees, that the general consensus was
that Royal Jelly was amazing stuff but to get any real benefit from
it you needed to bathe in your own weight of the stuff every day.
Do you want it passed-your-eyes? Oh no, that's milk isn't it?
.... and he drove the fastest beehive in the west.
2017-07-09 11:27:12 UTC
Post by Sid Nuncius
Post by Peter Percival
Hygienic bees have just been featured in R4's Inside Science; the
bees (not species specific) clean out any infected larvae and this
means the hive stays healthy. Honey anyone?
Do they suffer from OCB ?
Perhaps a course of CBeeT would help.
Dr. Sid would prescribe a combination of antibeeotics and
beeta-blockers.
But over reliance on the anti-beeotics is going to kill us all off soon
enough.
Bee vitamins?
And ant-bee oxidants which reduce bee radicals, beejuvenate the
epbeedermal tissues and...
All right, all right. There's really no need for that kind of language.
Feeling much better are we Sid?
tiny.cc/KRWpics
Mike
2017-07-09 12:27:46 UTC
Post by Sid Nuncius
Post by Peter Percival
Hygienic bees have just been featured in R4's Inside Science; the
bees (not species specific) clean out any infected larvae and this
means the hive stays healthy. Honey anyone?
Do they suffer from OCB ?
Perhaps a course of CBeeT would help.
Dr. Sid would prescribe a combination of antibeeotics and
beeta-blockers.
But over reliance on the anti-beeotics is going to kill us all off soon
enough.
Bee vitamins?
And ant-bee oxidants which reduce bee radicals, beejuvenate the
epbeedermal tissues and...
All right, all right. There's really no need for that kind of language.
Feeling much better are we Sid?
It's all that Royal Jelly.....
p***@never.here
2017-07-09 20:47:45 UTC
Hygienic bees have just been featured in R4's Inside Science; the bees (not
species specific) clean out any infected larvae and this means the hive
stays healthy. Honey anyone?
Yes, but not too much of it thanks.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mellified_man
Pete
J. P. Gilliver (John)
2017-07-09 20:55:46 UTC
Post by p***@never.here
Post by Mike
Hygienic bees have just been featured in R4's Inside Science; the bees (not
species specific) clean out any infected larvae and this means the hive
stays healthy. Honey anyone?
Yes, but not too much of it thanks.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mellified_man
(Yeuch.)

Honey's off, dear.

While no one was paying attention, weather reports became accurate and the
news became fiction. Did not see that coming. - Scott Adams, 2015