story lines I'd like to hear
2018-08-08 08:23:10 UTC
Farming Today is talking about the problems for farmers because of no
rain. This affects food crops and feed crops for the animals and the
latter are running out, having to be used early because the grass is
drying up, and all crops are affected by the farms growing fuel crops,
for which they get a premium.

I don't think any of the farmers around Ambridge have been heard
complaining about the difficulty of finding feed for animals or
woprrying about the crops to come if the rain doesn't come. That would
surely affect them all. Also there will apparently be water shortages
for watering crops. Are any doing that? Tony should be, or Tom. And
for feeding animals.

We have heard about picker shortages beause of Brexit. What about
services? There are shortages of vets and doctors. And anyway we don't
hear much about school places and Dr facilities for the new houses.
Will their construction improve things?

I'd rather hear those stories than Sussan fishing for information and
Jenny agonising about downsizing, which many people do.
Mike
2018-08-08 09:30:47 UTC
[...]
You must remember that ‘Ambridge’ is insular other than when a T.I. Is
employed, eg. sports events, death of well known person, tragic accidents
and natural disasters etc. is fitted in at the editor’s whim and or budget
restraints allow. Weather is always ‘normal’ in Ambridge - this allows for
a storyline relying on heavy rain to be played out whilst the rest of the
U.K. bake in a drought.
2018-08-08 09:59:05 UTC
Jenny agonising about downsizing, which many people do.
We are most definitely NOT agonising about downsizing.

We will definitely NOT miss looking after 5,600 sq.m of "garden" which
is determined to revert to jungle asap despite heat and lack of rain.

We will miss the garden and the view and the pool and the produce, but
not the work necessary to maintain and errm, produce it.

I imagine the house we buy in England will be similar in size to what we
have now, possibly even a bit bigger if we have a separate dining room,
but as long as we have a double bedroom each and a spare room we are not
too bothered as long as it is warn and not damp :/

Contracts were exchanged last week btw, and we complete on 18th September...
Vicky Ayech
2018-08-08 11:07:47 UTC
On Wed, 8 Aug 2018 11:59:05 +0200, BrritSki
Jenny agonising about downsizing, which many people do.
We are most definitely NOT agonising about downsizing.
I didn't mean many agonise about downsizing, but many move. I
expressed myself badly.
Post by BrritSki
We will definitely NOT miss looking after 5,600 sq.m of "garden" which
is determined to revert to jungle asap despite heat and lack of rain.
We will miss the garden and the view and the pool and the produce, but
not the work necessary to maintain and errm, produce it.
I imagine the house we buy in England will be similar in size to what we
have now, possibly even a bit bigger if we have a separate dining room,
but as long as we have a double bedroom each and a spare room we are not
too bothered as long as it is warn and not damp :/
Contracts were exchanged last week btw, and we complete on 18th September...
Bonne chance. The estate agent failed to find the key on one of my
moves and we had a van full of stuff waiting to go in. And that was
the shortest, easiest move. The move to and from Spain went much more
smoothly, even having to drive back with 2 dogs, who loved the road
trip. Except that I messed up the pet passports for the 2 cats, who
had 3 months in jail in Portsmouth and resented it for the next 9
years.
Btms
2018-08-08 13:48:39 UTC
I'd rather hear those stories than Sussan fishing for information and
Jenny agonising about downsizing, which many people do.
My friend in Cambridge says the harvest is a disaster.
2018-08-08 15:49:04 UTC
I'd rather hear those stories than Sussan fishing for information and
Jenny agonising about downsizing, which many people do.
My friend in Cambridge says the harvest is a disaster.
Mr Sheep says there are concerns about farm animals already. He’s just in
N Wales or maybe just in Salop. now.

Sincerely Chris

Peter Percival
2018-08-08 14:26:01 UTC
Farming Today is talking about the problems for farmers because of no
rain. This affects food crops and feed crops for the animals and the
latter are running out, having to be used early because the grass is
drying up, and all crops are affected by the farms growing fuel crops,
for which they get a premium.
I don't think any of the farmers around Ambridge have been heard
complaining about the difficulty of finding feed for animals or
woprrying about the crops to come if the rain doesn't come. That would
surely affect them all. Also there will apparently be water shortages
for watering crops. Are any doing that? Tony should be, or Tom. And
for feeding animals.
We have heard about picker shortages beause of Brexit.
There are numerous people sitting on their arses claiming benefit. A
'if you don't work, you don't eat' policy would be a good idea Brexit or
no Brexit.