Peggy's cat
2017-04-19 10:43:10 UTC
Ah that is the vet's latest thing then.
We got told off too when we took Harryet Pottercat in for her annual
maintenance. She was overweight, and we'd let the time lapse so had to
go in a month later for the second shot. We had a miserable month. The
other mog definitely was overweight and we'd had the hard word about
health risks, which we knew really. That month was noisy. The cats
screamed lots about the restricted food allowance. We no longer keep
refilling when asked.

A month of this and we went back and Harryet had GAINED. She goes out
of the garden and visits other houses and we suspect must have been
eating there. But Fang doesn't look thinner either and she doesn't go
out.
Steve Hague
2017-04-19 10:54:58 UTC
Post by Vicky
Ah that is the vet's latest thing then.
We got told off too when we took Harryet Pottercat in for her annual
maintenance. She was overweight, and we'd let the time lapse so had to
go in a month later for the second shot. We had a miserable month. The
other mog definitely was overweight and we'd had the hard word about
health risks, which we knew really. That month was noisy. The cats
screamed lots about the restricted food allowance. We no longer keep
refilling when asked.
A month of this and we went back and Harryet had GAINED. She goes out
of the garden and visits other houses and we suspect must have been
eating there. But Fang doesn't look thinner either and she doesn't go
out.
Cat metabolisms make even less sense than human ones. Our tiny Siamese
eats much more than our enormous Burmese, but she never puts an ounce
on. The vet told wofe off about his weight increase. He hardly goes out,
so he's not getting fed elsewhere.
2017-04-19 11:33:12 UTC
On Wed, 19 Apr 2017 11:54:58 +0100, Steve Hague <***@gmail.com>
scrawled in the dust...
Post by Steve Hague
Cat metabolisms make even less sense than human ones. Our tiny Siamese
eats much more than our enormous Burmese, but she never puts an ounce
on. The vet told wofe off about his weight increase. He hardly goes out,
so he's not getting fed elsewhere.
Sounds like the Burmese is eating the food provided for the Siamese. I had
to feed my elderly moggy separately from the younger cat because he ate too
slowly and she wolfed hers down then started on his. She did lose weight
once I'd imposed this regime but the remains of pigeons she caught then
brought indoors to eat were a messy nuisance.
2017-04-19 23:59:52 UTC
Post by Steve Hague
Cat metabolisms make even less sense than human ones. Our tiny Siamese
eats much more than our enormous Burmese, but she never puts an ounce
on. The vet told wofe off about his weight increase. He hardly goes out,
so he's not getting fed elsewhere.
Sounds like the Burmese is eating the food provided for the Siamese. I had
to feed my elderly moggy separately from the younger cat because he ate too
slowly and she wolfed hers down then started on his. She did lose weight
once I'd imposed this regime but the remains of pigeons she caught then
brought indoors to eat were a messy nuisance.
Cats do have a well developed concept of property and ownership.
That's why they derive so much pleasure from theft.
Peter Percival
2017-04-19 11:21:45 UTC
Post by Vicky
Ah that is the vet's latest thing then.
We got told off too when we took Harryet Pottercat in for her annual
maintenance. She was overweight, and we'd let the time lapse so had to
go in a month later for the second shot. We had a miserable month. The
other mog definitely was overweight and we'd had the hard word about
health risks, which we knew really. That month was noisy. The cats
screamed lots about the restricted food allowance. We no longer keep
refilling when asked.
A month of this and we went back and Harryet had GAINED.
She gained weight deliberately just to embarrass you.
Post by Vicky
She goes out
of the garden and visits other houses and we suspect must have been
eating there. But Fang doesn't look thinner either and she doesn't go
out.
to me what you really mean.
2017-04-19 11:37:07 UTC
Post by Vicky
Ah that is the vet's latest thing then.
We got told off too when we took Harryet Pottercat in for her annual
maintenance. She was overweight, and we'd let the time lapse so had to
go in a month later for the second shot. We had a miserable month. The
other mog definitely was overweight and we'd had the hard word about
health risks, which we knew really. That month was noisy. The cats
screamed lots about the restricted food allowance. We no longer keep
refilling when asked.
A month of this and we went back and Harryet had GAINED. She goes out
of the garden and visits other houses and we suspect must have been
eating there. But Fang doesn't look thinner either and she doesn't go
out.
I think it's impossible to monitor cat food intake unless you only have
one and it stays indoors all the time.
2017-04-19 11:38:36 UTC
Post by Vicky
She goes out
of the garden and visits other houses and we suspect must have been
eating there.
My late m-i-l always seemed to have a couple of visiting cats who needed
feeding. You probably have similar neighbours.
tiny.cc/KRWpics
Penny
2017-04-19 12:20:52 UTC
On Wed, 19 Apr 2017 12:38:36 +0100, krw <***@whitnet.uk> scrawled in the
dust...
Post by krw
Post by Vicky
She goes out
of the garden and visits other houses and we suspect must have been
eating there.
My late m-i-l always seemed to have a couple of visiting cats who needed
feeding. You probably have similar neighbours.
I admitted to a neighbour recently that I put out fish skin (cooked) for
her cat. She seemed somewhat surprised and decided her dog was far more
likely to be eating it - I think she's wrong. The cat in question, who
'uses' my garden every day, only comes and talks to me soon after I have
eaten salmon.