Christine's millions!
2017-07-23 11:20:12 UTC
So just how much is Christine's cottage going to be worth and will
anyone actually pay for the "period" features. It sounds to me that
although it had some remedial work done after the flood, it's still
very much untouched by the modern world and needs an awful lot of
money spending on it.

Matt has been grooming Christine, who currently has no money, to
invest in Hugo's corporation, with a view to fleecing her without
Hugo's knowledge. But even if she does sell (more later) it's not
going to be very soon, unless F&H manage to find somewhere PDQ. That
gives Justin time to get Matt removed from the proceedings and Hugo
not only in need of investors, but also in need of someone who knows a
bit about horse flesh.

So, my OP is that
a) F&H will find somewhere over the summer,
b) Oliver will buy Woodbine at less than the estate agent originally
valued it at and have it done up to a more modern standard (as he did
with Grange Farm) and enjoy being neighbours with Jim
c) he'll let the Grundys stay at GF, but keep more of an eye on them,
which will please Clarrie, but Eddie will find it constricting
d) Hugo will ask Christine to help out with selecting his horses and
she will invest in the business once it's all above board with Matt
out of the way and will end up making a mint
e) Hugo and Christine will get married and ride off into the sunset in
Costa Rica
f) Matt will team up with Rob and arrange some suitable vengeance on
the village - possibly at the Flower & Produce Show (I think there's
already going to be enough going on at the fete).
2017-07-23 11:29:11 UTC
On Sun, 23 Jul 2017 12:20:12 +0100, Fenny
Post by Fenny
b) Oliver will buy Woodbine at less than the estate agent originally
valued it at and have it done up to a more modern standard (as he did
with Grange Farm) and enjoy being neighbours with Jim
Alternatively, he will buy Woodbine and let it to Ed & Emma at a
reasonable rate, and he will buy one of the new houses. I'm assuming
that he's going to sell the place in Italy now that he hasn't got
Caroline to share it with.

Eventually, when he snuffs it, Woodbine will go to Ed.
2017-07-23 21:14:37 UTC
In message <***@4ax.com>, Fenny
<***@removethis.onetel.net> writes:
[]
Post by Fenny
So, my OP is that
a) F&H will find somewhere over the summer,
b) Oliver will buy Woodbine at less than the estate agent originally
valued it at and have it done up to a more modern standard (as he did
with Grange Farm) and enjoy being neighbours with Jim
c) he'll let the Grundys stay at GF, but keep more of an eye on them,
which will please Clarrie, but Eddie will find it constricting
d) Hugo will ask Christine to help out with selecting his horses and
she will invest in the business once it's all above board with Matt
out of the way and will end up making a mint
A very nicely-thought-out set of OPs. Unfortunately, it's happy for all
(other than perhaps Eddie), so I fear has something in common with Tom's
aviation business.
Post by Fenny
e) Hugo and Christine will get married and ride off into the sunset in
Costa Rica
f) Matt will team up with Rob and arrange some suitable vengeance on
the village - possibly at the Flower & Produce Show (I think there's
already going to be enough going on at the fete).
Yes, something out of Stephen King. (Or the Bowmen.)

Humans landed on the moon before we put wheels on our luggage.