Spoiler - Money
2018-02-19 19:34:52 UTC

Is this the first time that TA has mentioned the actual amount anyone
might be earning? Tom isn't going to be too happy, assuming Susan
persuades Neil to accept the job.

Every man is a damn fool for at least five minutes every day; wisdom
consists in not exceeding the limit. (Elbert Hubbard)
Btms
2018-02-19 19:38:44 UTC
Serena Blanchflower <***@blanchflower.me.uk> wrote:

> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> . Spoiler Space
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
>

> Is this the first time that TA has mentioned the actual amount anyone
> might be earning? Tom isn't going to be too happy, assuming Susan
> persuades Neil to accept the job.

I think so. Haven’t heard the epi yet.

2018-02-20 11:19:53 UTC
On 19/02/18 19:38, Btms wrote:
> Serena Blanchflower <***@blanchflower.me.uk> wrote:
>>
>> .
>> .
>> .
>> .
>> .
>> .
>> .
>> .
>> .
>> .
>> .
>> .
>> .
>> .
>> . Spoiler Space
>> .
>> .
>> .
>> .
>> .
>> .
>> .
>> .
>> .
>> .
>> .
>> .
>> .
>> .
>> .
>> .
>> .
>>

>> Is this the first time that TA has mentioned the actual amount anyone
>> might be earning? Tom isn't going to be too happy, assuming Susan
>> persuades Neil to accept the job.
>>

> I think so. Haven’t heard the epi yet.

It's very rare innit? I wondered about what I could give a talk upon at
the Archers Academics conferences but Linux, Python and Mathematics
hardly impinges on Ambridge. There *was* an escaped snake once, but my
best hope was Benfords Law but the script-writers shyness on actual
figures meant that there was insufficient material.

I can't guess whether Susan will encourage Neil or not. It will be a
warm, unphysical job but I wouldn't have thought it would be restful.

I expect we all noticed that Nic said that something was difficult to do
one-handed?
Serena Blanchflower
2018-02-20 11:31:13 UTC
On 20/02/2018 11:19, DavidK wrote:
> On 19/02/18 19:38, Btms wrote:
>> Serena Blanchflower <***@blanchflower.me.uk> wrote:
>>>
>>> .
>>> .
>>> .
>>> .
>>> .
>>> .
>>> .
>>> .
>>> .
>>> .
>>> .
>>> .
>>> .
>>> .
>>> .            Spoiler Space
>>> .
>>> .
>>> .
>>> .
>>> .
>>> .
>>> .
>>> .
>>> .
>>> .
>>> .
>>> .
>>> .
>>> .
>>> .
>>> .
>>> .
>>>

>>> Is this the first time that TA has mentioned the actual amount anyone
>>> might be earning?  Tom isn't going to be too happy, assuming Susan
>>> persuades Neil to accept the job.
>>>

>> I think so.  Haven’t heard the epi yet.
>>

> It's very rare innit? I wondered about what I could give a talk upon at
> the Archers Academics conferences but Linux, Python and Mathematics
> hardly impinges on Ambridge. There *was* an escaped snake once, but my
> best hope was Benfords Law but the script-writers shyness on actual
> figures meant that there was insufficient material.
>
> I can't guess whether Susan will encourage Neil or not. It will be a
> warm, unphysical job but I wouldn't have thought it would be restful.
>
> I expect we all noticed that Nic said that something was difficult to do
> one-handed?

Yes, and later in the week, first Will has a shock and then the Grundies
have a long night. I suspect these are connected to Nic having cut her
arm, while sorting out Joe's jumble. Septicaemia, perhaps, or is Nic's
arm a red herring and it's Joe who's about to win the St Stephen's Stake?

HANDKERCHIEF: Cold Storage.
Serena Blanchflower
2018-02-20 11:37:26 UTC
On 20/02/2018 11:31, Serena Blanchflower wrote:
> On 20/02/2018 11:19, DavidK wrote:

>>> I think so.  Haven’t heard the epi yet.
>>>

>> It's very rare innit? I wondered about what I could give a talk upon
>> at the Archers Academics conferences but Linux, Python and Mathematics
>> hardly impinges on Ambridge. There *was* an escaped snake once, but my
>> best hope was Benfords Law but the script-writers shyness on actual
>> figures meant that there was insufficient material.
>>
>> I can't guess whether Susan will encourage Neil or not. It will be a
>> warm, unphysical job but I wouldn't have thought it would be restful.
>>
>> I expect we all noticed that Nic said that something was difficult to
>> do one-handed?
>
> Yes, and later in the week, first Will has a shock and then the Grundies
> have a long night.  I suspect these are connected to Nic having cut her
> arm, while sorting out Joe's jumble.  Septicaemia, perhaps, or is Nic's
> arm a red herring and it's Joe who's about to win the St Stephen's Stake?

No, thinking about it, I think I'll make an OP that Nic is going to be
Ambridge's first casualty from the poisoning, having got some of the
chemicals into the cut on her arm. This will really test Will's
devotion to Brian...

When the white missionaries came to Africa they had the Bible and we
had the land. They said 'Let us pray.' We closed our eyes.
When we opened them we had the Bible and they had the land. (Desmond Tutu)
Sally Thompson
2018-02-20 11:51:20 UTC
DavidK <***@invalid.invalid> wrote:
> On 19/02/18 19:38, Btms wrote:
>> Serena Blanchflower <***@blanchflower.me.uk> wrote:
>>>
>>> .
>>> .
>>> .
>>> .
>>> .
>>> .
>>> .
>>> .
>>> .
>>> .
>>> .
>>> .
>>> .
>>> .
>>> . Spoiler Space
>>> .
>>> .
>>> .
>>> .
>>> .
>>> .
>>> .
>>> .
>>> .
>>> .
>>> .
>>> .
>>> .
>>> .
>>> .
>>> .
>>> .
>>>

>>> Is this the first time that TA has mentioned the actual amount anyone
>>> might be earning? Tom isn't going to be too happy, assuming Susan
>>> persuades Neil to accept the job.
>>>

>> I think so. Haven’t heard the epi yet.
>>

> It's very rare innit? I wondered about what I could give a talk upon at
> the Archers Academics conferences but Linux, Python and Mathematics
> hardly impinges on Ambridge. There *was* an escaped snake once, but my
> best hope was Benfords Law but the script-writers shyness on actual
> figures meant that there was insufficient material.
>
> I can't guess whether Susan will encourage Neil or not. It will be a
> warm, unphysical job but I wouldn't have thought it would be restful.
>
> I expect we all noticed that Nic said that something was difficult to do
> one-handed?

Indeed. We are carefully following the clues aka red herrings.

OP. She dies or is extremely horsepidddlised because of sepsis therefore
providing a handy PSA. Emma steps in to look after the children.

2018-02-20 13:54:54 UTC
DavidK <***@invalid.invalid> wrote:
> On 19/02/18 19:38, Btms wrote:
>> Serena Blanchflower <***@blanchflower.me.uk> wrote:
>>>
>>> .
>>> .
>>> .
>>> .
>>> .
>>> .
>>> .
>>> .
>>> .
>>> .
>>> .
>>> .
>>> .
>>> .
>>> . Spoiler Space
>>> .
>>> .
>>> .
>>> .
>>> .
>>> .
>>> .
>>> .
>>> .
>>> .
>>> .
>>> .
>>> .
>>> .
>>> .
>>> .
>>> .
>>>

>>> Is this the first time that TA has mentioned the actual amount anyone
>>> might be earning? Tom isn't going to be too happy, assuming Susan
>>> persuades Neil to accept the job.
>>>

>> I think so. Haven’t heard the epi yet.
>>

> It's very rare innit? I wondered about what I could give a talk upon at
> the Archers Academics conferences but Linux, Python and Mathematics
> hardly impinges on Ambridge. There *was* an escaped snake once, but my
> best hope was Benfords Law but the script-writers shyness on actual
> figures meant that there was insufficient material.
>
> I can't guess whether Susan will encourage Neil or not. It will be a
> warm, unphysical job but I wouldn't have thought it would be restful.
>
> I expect we all noticed that Nic said that something was difficult to do
> one-handed?

I think the other was fully employed laying it on thick with a large
trowel.

2018-02-20 11:57:27 UTC
On 19/02/2018 19:34, Serena Blanchflower wrote:

> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .            Spoiler Space
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
>

> Is this the first time that TA has mentioned the actual amount anyone
> might be earning?  Tom isn't going to be too happy, assuming Susan
> persuades Neil to accept the job.

I don't think actual figures have ever been mentioned, even in all the
discussion among the Aldridges. It would be very interesting to know
what level of salaries are paid within each of the family businesses.

2018-02-20 12:28:51 UTC
On 20/02/2018 11:57, LFS wrote:
> On 19/02/2018 19:34, Serena Blanchflower wrote:
>>
>> .
>> .
>> .
>> .
>> .
>> .
>> .
>> .
>> .
>> .
>> .
>> .
>> .
>> .
>> .            Spoiler Space
>> .
>> .
>> .
>> .
>> .
>> .
>> .
>> .
>> .
>> .
>> .
>> .
>> .
>> .
>> .
>> .
>> .
>>

>> Is this the first time that TA has mentioned the actual amount anyone
>> might be earning?  Tom isn't going to be too happy, assuming Susan
>> persuades Neil to accept the job.
>>

> I don't think actual figures have ever been mentioned, even in all the
> discussion among the Aldridges. It would be very interesting to know
> what level of salaries are paid within each of the family businesses.

Thinking about it, I have a vague feeling that a figure was mentioned
for Rob's job at the mega-dairy, of around £70K - or am I imagining that?

I must confess, I was born at a very early age (Groucho Marx)
Min
2018-02-26 19:57:05 UTC
A week later, I say Kudos to Serena and Sally
for their Excellent OPs in this thread! *If*
the pollution turns out to be the Reason (and
I hope it doesn't, as this will dilute the
Sepsis is very dangerous and can be easily
contracted and/or missed message) then I shall
definitely suspect Serena as an LSW....
Min
Serena Blanchflower
2018-02-26 20:09:33 UTC
On 26/02/2018 19:57, Min wrote:
> A week later, I say Kudos to Serena and Sally
> for their Excellent OPs in this thread! *If*
> the pollution turns out to be the Reason (and
> I hope it doesn't, as this will dilute the
> Sepsis is very dangerous and can be easily
> contracted and/or missed message) then I shall
> definitely suspect Serena as an LSW....

Thank you. Like you, I hope it doesn't (even if it would do wonders for
my reputation as a psychic), for just the same reasons.

Q. How does a monkey make toast in the zoo?
A. He sticks it under the gorilla.
Jenny M Benson
2018-02-26 21:53:44 UTC
On 26/02/2018 19:57, Min wrote:
> A week later, I say Kudos to Serena and Sally
> for their Excellent OPs in this thread!*If*
> the pollution turns out to be the Reason (and
> I hope it doesn't, as this will dilute the
> Sepsis is very dangerous and can be easily
> contracted and/or missed message) then I shall
> definitely suspect Serena as an LSW....

My daughter was diagnosed with Sepsis a few months ago. I'm very glad
it WAS a few months ago, and not within the last few days.
Min
2018-02-26 22:13:24 UTC
On Monday, 26 February 2018 21:53:45 UTC, Jenny M Benson wrote:
> On 26/02/2018 19:57, Min wrote:
> > A week later, I say Kudos to Serena and Sally
> > for their Excellent OPs in this thread!*If*
> > the pollution turns out to be the Reason (and
> > I hope it doesn't, as this will dilute the
> > Sepsis is very dangerous and can be easily
> > contracted and/or missed message) then I shall
> > definitely suspect Serena as an LSW....
>
> My daughter was diagnosed with Sepsis a few months ago. I'm very glad
> it WAS a few months ago, and not within the last few days.
> --
> Jenny M Benson

Eek! I bet you are. As a jobbing gardener I find it scary enough!
Min
Btms
2018-02-27 10:44:44 UTC
Jenny M Benson <***@hotmail.co.uk> wrote:
> On 26/02/2018 19:57, Min wrote:
>> A week later, I say Kudos to Serena and Sally
>> for their Excellent OPs in this thread!*If*
>> the pollution turns out to be the Reason (and
>> I hope it doesn't, as this will dilute the
>> Sepsis is very dangerous and can be easily
>> contracted and/or missed message) then I shall
>> definitely suspect Serena as an LSW....
>
> My daughter was diagnosed with Sepsis a few months ago. I'm very glad
> it WAS a few months ago, and not within the last few days.

Bloimy. Omg.