Radio Times/BBC Credits and Spoilers - week ending 7th April 2017
2017-04-01 20:01:18 UTC

Kirsty Miller - Annabelle Dowler
Lynda Snell - Carole Boyd
Helen Archer - Louiza Patikas
Peggy Woolley - June Spencer

Director : Marina Caldarone
Series Editor : Huw Kennair-Jones
Writer : Liz John

Spoilers:
Sunday 2nd - Ed raises a concern, and Josh runs into problems.
Monday 3rd - Justin aims to please, and Peggy speaks her mind.
Tuesday 4th - David's plan backfires, and Adam is left in the lurch.
Wednesday 5th - Emma takes matters into her own hands, and Eddie comes
to Rex's defence.
Thursday 6th - Ruth regrets what she says, and Harrison tries to make
amends.
Friday 7th - Lilian gets a window on the past, and Kirsty needs to keep
faith.

----

We have a new writer this week.

---
2017-04-01 20:12:22 UTC
Peggy speaks her mind.
Oh shurely not. What a spoiler 😂
BTMS - Usurped as Editor in waiting
Sally Thompson
2017-04-01 21:38:04 UTC
Helen Archer - Louiza Patikas
So she's finally gone back to Archer, unless the RT have slipped up.
2017-04-02 10:00:48 UTC
Helen Archer - Louiza Patikas
So she's finally gone back to Archer, unless the RT have slipped up.
Actually, RT still have her down as Titchenor, but the BBC has her as
Archer, even though she appears in the list at the position that would
be warranted if she was still using the Titchenor name. This discrepancy
in name has been the case in the last couple of credits lists in which
she has appeared.

These days I compare the credits from RT and BBC (hence the Radio
Times/BBC in the title) and chose the one that seems more creditable.
This week I chose to use the BBC credits because RT has Judy Bennett
being played by Shula Hebden Lloyd.

---
kosmo
2017-04-02 11:37:29 UTC
Post by carolet
being played by Shula Hebden Lloyd.
Well right people. Wrong order.
kosmo
Chris McMillan
2017-04-02 18:02:14 UTC
These days I compare the credits from RT and BBC (hence the Radio
Times/BBC in the title) and chose the one that seems more creditable.
This week I chose to use the BBC credits because RT has Judy Bennett
being played by Shula Hebden Lloyd.
Honestly, where has proofreading got to?

2017-04-01 23:25:52 UTC
On Sat, 1 Apr 2017 21:01:18 +0100, carolet
David Archer - Tim Bentinck
Ruth Archer - Felicity Finch
Pip Archer - Daisy Badger
Josh Archer - Angus Imrie
Kenton Archer - Richard Attlee
Tom Archer - William Troughton
Lilian Bellamy - Sunny Ormonde
PC Harrison Burns - James Cartwright
Susan Carter - Charlotte Martin
Alice Carter - Hollie Chapman
Justin Elliott - Simon Williams
Toby Fairbrother - Rhys Bevan
Usha Franks - Souad Faress
Joe Grundy - Edward Kelsey
Eddie Grundy - Trevor Harrison
Emma Grundy - Emerald O'Hanrahan
Ed Grundy - Barry Farrimond
Shula Hebden Lloyd - Judy Bennett
Adam Macy - Andrew Wincott
Kirsty Miller - Annabelle Dowler
Lynda Snell - Carole Boyd
Helen Archer - Louiza Patikas
Peggy Woolley - June Spencer
Still no Anisha. Has she done a runner?
2017-04-02 07:01:02 UTC
Post by Fenny
Still no Anisha. Has she done a runner?
Maybe that can be Usha's role in the cricket team - a runner for when
one of the older men is injured but can still bat ?
kosmo
2017-04-02 07:03:21 UTC
On Sun, 2 Apr 2017 09:01:02 +0200, BrritSki
Post by BrritSki
Post by Fenny
Still no Anisha. Has she done a runner?
Maybe that can be Usha's role in the cricket team - a runner for when
one of the older men is injured but can still bat ?
I thought the runner had to be a team member or the agreed fielding
substitute?
kosmo
BrritSki
2017-04-02 08:24:20 UTC
Post by kosmo
Post by BrritSki
one of the older men is injured but can still bat ?
I thought the runner had to be a team member or the agreed fielding
substitute?
You're taking this far too seriously kosmo. Do you really think
Who-Kinnell-He cares about what the actual rules are ?
kosmo
2017-04-02 09:01:35 UTC
On Sun, 2 Apr 2017 10:24:20 +0200, BrritSki
Post by BrritSki
You're taking this far too seriously kosmo. Do you really think
Who-Kinnell-He cares about what the actual rules are ?
This is a fotwd not a drama, otherwise the entire premise is
undermined.
kosmo
Btms
2017-04-02 10:04:22 UTC
Post by BrritSki
You're taking this far too seriously kosmo. Do you really think
Who-Kinnell-He cares about what the actual rules are ?
This is a fotwd not a drama, otherwise the entire premise is
undermined.
According to Vicky the police fotw documentaries show professionals who
don't follow or understand the actual rules.
BTMS - Usurped as Editor in waiting
Chris J Dixon
2017-04-03 08:06:07 UTC
According to Vicky the police fotw documentaries show professionals who
don't follow or understand the actual rules.
Seems some BBC staff aren't too clever either:

<https://www.theguardian.com/media/2017/mar/31/bbc-secret-filming-alleged-benefits-fraudster-britain-on-the-fiddle>

"The prosecution of an alleged fraudster who was accused of
swindling £40,000 from councils collapsed after the BBC botched
the filming of two police raids while making a programme on
benefits cheats."

***@cdixon.me.uk
2017-04-03 08:35:48 UTC
Post by Chris J Dixon
Post by Btms
According to Vicky the police fotw documentaries show professionals who
don't follow or understand the actual rules.
<https://www.theguardian.com/media/2017/mar/31/bbc-secret-filming-alleged-benefits-fraudster-britain-on-the-fiddle>
"The prosecution of an alleged fraudster who was accused of
swindling £40,000 from councils collapsed after the BBC botched
the filming of two police raids while making a programme on
benefits cheats."
Chris
Does not surprise me. The BBC love their benefit porn programmes. they
annoy me very much as portray those on benefits in the worst light,
and the percent of fraud is in fact extremely low, but anything to get
viewing figures, even if it results in abuse and anti disabled or sick
or out of work treatment. I have not noticed a programme on fraud of
MPs in claiming expenses or on those who illegally avoid tax.
2017-04-03 08:42:43 UTC
Post by Vicky
Post by Chris J Dixon
Post by Btms
[...]
Fewer people identify personally with the folk you mention. The benefit
scroungers are more likely to arouse envy in those similarly short of
finances. Envy is a more exciting emotion. Docu makers like an emotional
response from viewers.
BTMS - Usurped as Editor in waiting
Sam Plusnet
2017-04-04 22:02:18 UTC
Post by Vicky
Post by Chris J Dixon
Post by Btms
[...]
Programmes about Benefit abuse are cheap and straightforward to make -
with added excitement if they film a dawn raid or two.

The other type of programme would be much much harder to make, with no
guarantee that the material would be useable, lots & lots of highly
technical, dry as dust, issues and the subjects can afford the very best
legal expertise.
Flop
2017-04-05 09:06:32 UTC
Programmes about Benefit abuse are cheap and straightforward to make -
with added excitement if they film a dawn raid or two.
Not helped when aided by the police:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-north-west-wales-39488370

"Burglar's £45,000 phone bill paid by North Wales Police"
--
Flop
General Norman Schwarzkopf was asked if he thought there was room for
OUR job is to arrange the meeting."
Mike
2017-04-02 12:42:34 UTC
Post by BrritSki
You're taking this far too seriously kosmo. Do you really think
Who-Kinnell-He cares about what the actual rules are ?
This is a fotwd not a drama, otherwise the entire premise is
undermined.
That was The Ull, at least as
I remember it, that was the premises that were undermind...😉
2017-04-02 12:44:39 UTC
Post by BrritSki
You're taking this far too seriously kosmo. Do you really think
Who-Kinnell-He cares about what the actual rules are ?
This is a fotwd not a drama, otherwise the entire premise is
undermined.
That was The Ull, at least as
I remember it, that was the premises that were undermind...😉
That should have read 'The Bull'.... sorry
2017-04-02 19:22:38 UTC
Post by BrritSki
You're taking this far too seriously kosmo. Do you really think
Who-Kinnell-He cares about what the actual rules are ?
This is a fotwd not a drama, otherwise the entire premise is
undermined.
That was The Ull, at least as
I remember it, that was the premises that were undermind...?
That should have read 'The Bull'.... sorry
Reading this in my default font the thought that went through my mind
was "First they complain about the doddery old players now they are
complaining about the under elevens - where will it end?"

I thought it presaged a celebrity visit from Lord Prescott...
Chris McMillan
2017-04-02 17:53:43 UTC
Sunday 2nd - Ed raises a concern, and Josh runs into problems.
A lightbulb moment?
Post by carolet
Monday 3rd - Justin aims to please, and Peggy speaks her mind.
One possibly pleased, not the other
Post by carolet
Tuesday 4th - David's plan backfires, and Adam is left in the lurch.
The lurcher squeaks

2017-04-02 19:27:28 UTC
On Sun, 02 Apr 2017 17:53:43 GMT, Chris McMillan
Post by carolet
Tuesday 4th - David's plan backfires, and Adam is left in the lurch.
The lurcher squeaks
If that isn't the perfect title for a 90mt drama, I don't know what
is.