SSSI
2017-05-06 13:05:21 UTC
Didn't we discuss the absence of the SSSI here about 8 weeks ago? Was
Keri watching and decided to remind everyone it existed?

And some grazing by the pigs of a gourmet buffet is recommended
treatment every so often, so why are the Grundies so worried about it?
tiny.cc/KRWpics
J. P. Gilliver (John)
2017-05-06 23:24:13 UTC
Didn't we discuss the absence of the SSSI here about 8 weeks ago? Was
Keri watching and decided to remind everyone it existed?
And some grazing by the pigs of a gourmet buffet is recommended
treatment every so often, so why are the Grundies so worried about it?
I don't think they're worried about the pigs coming to any harm - it's
the damage to the SSSI they're worried about. (Not sure if that's
because they get some sort of payment for maintaining it, or what;
someone - Clarrie, I think - did say Oliver could eject them for
damaging something.)

If you're playing a killer monster, be very quiet. -
Anthony Hopkins, RT 2016/10/22-28
krw
2017-05-07 00:12:05 UTC
Didn't we discuss the absence of the SSSI here about 8 weeks ago? Was
Keri watching and decided to remind everyone it existed?
And some grazing by the pigs of a gourmet buffet is recommended
treatment every so often, so why are the Grundies so worried about it?
I don't think they're worried about the pigs coming to any harm - it's
the damage to the SSSI they're worried about. (Not sure if that's
because they get some sort of payment for maintaining it, or what;
someone - Clarrie, I think - did say Oliver could eject them for
damaging something.)
The point I was making, obviously poorly, is that whilst there might be
some trampling by the pigs the presence of the pigs undertaking some
gentle grazing and providing the usual pig output onto the area
concerned will be considered beneficial and do not require the Grundies
to worry about it.

Also when I looked it up I am sure it is NOT an SSSI but something
slightly less serious.
tiny.cc/KRWpics
J. P. Gilliver (John)
2017-05-07 14:02:13 UTC
In message <oelooi$dje$***@gioia.aioe.org>, krw <***@whitnet.uk> writes:
The point I was making, obviously poorly, is that whilst there might be
some trampling by the pigs the presence of the pigs undertaking some
gentle grazing and providing the usual pig output onto the area
concerned will be considered beneficial and do not require the Grundies
to worry about it.
I think, from the way they were (probably over-)reacting, it was a case
of more than "some" trampling; I think battered flat to mud is more what
was being implied.
Post by krw
Also when I looked it up I am sure it is NOT an SSSI but something
slightly less serious.
Yes, I have that feeling too. AONB maybe? (I've encountered that one
over concern about where I live, see fairytale at
.)

I remember a lot of questions on a vocalist forum about the problems singing
"There is a balm in Gilead" without making it sound like a security alert. -
Linda Fox in UMRA, 2010-11-19
Penny
2017-05-07 15:14:24 UTC
On Sun, 7 May 2017 01:12:05 +0100, krw <***@whitnet.uk> scrawled in the
dust...
Didn't we discuss the absence of the SSSI here about 8 weeks ago? Was
Keri watching and decided to remind everyone it existed?
I don't remember that but do have vague memories of *something* saving the
Grundy's day and/or scuppering their latest scam some years back.
Post by krw
Also when I looked it up I am sure it is NOT an SSSI but something
slightly less serious.
The only mention of an SSSI I can find on lowfield relates to the current
week.

JPG mentions AONB in a later post but lowfield has no references to that
either.
2017-05-07 18:21:29 UTC
dust...
Post by krw
Also when I looked it up I am sure it is NOT an SSSI but something
slightly less serious.
The only mention of an SSSI I can find on lowfield relates to the current
week.
JPG mentions AONB in a later post but lowfield has no references to that
either.
That was only a suggestion, and I don't really think much of Ambridge is
likely to be an AONB - certainly not Grundyworld. (Actually, I think if
any part of Ambridge was, we'd have heard about it in planning contexts
by now.)

The SSSI - or, an SSSI, I assume it was the same one - was mentioned (as
such) by one of the walkers this evening/morning. (I haven't said
"spoiler" as I don't think that is one really.)

Just seen a Dyslexic Yorkshireman wearing a cat flap!
Mike
2017-05-07 07:47:20 UTC
Didn't we discuss the absence of the SSSI here about 8 weeks ago? Was
Keri watching and decided to remind everyone it existed?
And some grazing by the pigs of a gourmet buffet is recommended
treatment every so often, so why are the Grundies so worried about it?
I don't think they're worried about the pigs coming to any harm - it's
the damage to the SSSI they're worried about. (Not sure if that's
because they get some sort of payment for maintaining it, or what;
someone - Clarrie, I think - did say Oliver could eject them for
damaging something.)
It's natrul innit? Pigs rummage through the ground and this helps prepare
the soil for future years and.... the pigs leave their own trademark in
more ways than one too. It is akin to forest fires that clear the ground
for new growth.
2017-05-07 08:09:45 UTC
Didn't we discuss the absence of the SSSI here about 8 weeks ago? Was
Keri watching and decided to remind everyone it existed?
And some grazing by the pigs of a gourmet buffet is recommended
treatment every so often, so why are the Grundies so worried about it?
I don't think they're worried about the pigs coming to any harm - it's
the damage to the SSSI they're worried about. (Not sure if that's
because they get some sort of payment for maintaining it, or what;
someone - Clarrie, I think - did say Oliver could eject them for
damaging something.)
It's natrul innit? Pigs rummage through the ground and this helps prepare
the soil for future years and.... the pigs leave their own trademark in
more ways than one too. It is akin to forest fires that clear the ground
for new growth.
I expect it comes down to balance; most things in life do. Pigs rooting
around is a good thing but rooting where there are endangered plants which
are not well established, may be a bad thing.
BTMS - Usurped as Editor in waiting
Mike
2017-05-07 11:33:11 UTC
[...]
Chances are they were well established as Joe did not use any 'ver'ilizers'
nor ploughed any more than necessity required.