spoiler 3/4/17
2017-04-04 21:12:47 UTC
Catching up on last night's TA

B, who doesn't listen, calling from upstairs after Justin gives Peggy
a lift "That went well then" :)

Should Kirsty have reminded Helen of the date. And was it insensitive
of Helen to get a much better gift for Kira than Emma could afford, or
is it unfair if none of Kira's gifts are more costly because Emma
can't afford much?
2017-04-04 21:38:50 UTC
Post by Vicky
Catching up on last night's TA
B, who doesn't listen, calling from upstairs after Justin gives Peggy
a lift "That went well then" :)
Should Kirsty have reminded Helen of the date. And was it insensitive
of Helen to get a much better gift for Kira than Emma could afford, or
is it unfair if none of Kira's gifts are more costly because Emma
can't afford much?
Sensitivity and Helen is an oxymoron. Discuss.
BTMS - Usurped as Editor in waiting
Marjorie
2017-04-05 16:16:39 UTC
Post by Vicky
Catching up on last night's TA
B, who doesn't listen, calling from upstairs after Justin gives Peggy
a lift "That went well then" :)
Should Kirsty have reminded Helen of the date. And was it insensitive
of Helen to get a much better gift for Kira than Emma could afford, or
is it unfair if none of Kira's gifts are more costly because Emma
can't afford much?
I don't know why Helen was buying Keira a substantial present at all. If
Henry is going to her mini-party, a modest gift on his behalf is all
that's required. If he's not, then why Helen? She's not a relative, just
a vague sort of colleague of Emma's.
--
Marjorie

To reply, replace dontusethisaddress with marje

---
http://www.avg.com
Vicky
2017-04-05 17:33:40 UTC
On Wed, 5 Apr 2017 17:16:39 +0100, Marjorie
Post by Marjorie
Post by Vicky
Catching up on last night's TA
B, who doesn't listen, calling from upstairs after Justin gives Peggy
a lift "That went well then" :)
Should Kirsty have reminded Helen of the date. And was it insensitive
of Helen to get a much better gift for Kira than Emma could afford, or
is it unfair if none of Kira's gifts are more costly because Emma
can't afford much?
I don't know why Helen was buying Keira a substantial present at all. If
Henry is going to her mini-party, a modest gift on his behalf is all
that's required. If he's not, then why Helen? She's not a relative, just
a vague sort of colleague of Emma's.
I think they were close at one point when their children played
together and they looked after each other's children. And Emma worked
for Rob and looked after Henry when Helen was in prison I think and
did she give information to help convict him?
2017-04-05 23:02:23 UTC
If he's not, then why Helen? She's not a relative, just a vague sort of
colleague of Emma's.
They have been very friendly for a long time.
tiny.cc/KRWpics
Marjorie
2017-04-06 15:54:04 UTC
If he's not, then why Helen? She's not a relative, just a vague sort
of colleague of Emma's.
They have been very friendly for a long time.
I had many close friends when my children were young, but didn't buy
their children presents (nor they for my children), except in accordance
with birthday party etiquette. I would have been especially unlikely to
do so if I knew the friend couldn't afford to reciprocate, becasue of
the embarrasment it could cause.

Helen has often been a bit patronising, so it's not really surprising.

http://www.avg.com
krw
2017-04-06 16:05:01 UTC
Post by Marjorie
Helen has often been a bit patronising, so it's not really surprising.
Not at all surprising - she is Helen.
tiny.cc/KRWpics
carolet
2017-04-05 11:37:37 UTC
Post by Vicky
Catching up on last night's TA
B, who doesn't listen, calling from upstairs after Justin gives Peggy
a lift "That went well then" :)
Should Kirsty have reminded Helen of the date. And was it insensitive
of Helen to get a much better gift for Kira than Emma could afford, or
is it unfair if none of Kira's gifts are more costly because Emma
can't afford much?
Helen certainly knew the significance of the date already. I don't think
Kirsty was really reminding her of the date, but telling her that she
was not alone in remembering it, and that she, Kirsty, was available if
Helen was finding the day difficult.
2017-04-05 19:43:57 UTC
Post by Vicky
Catching up on last night's TA
B, who doesn't listen, calling from upstairs after Justin gives Peggy
a lift "That went well then" :)
Should Kirsty have reminded Helen of the date. And was it insensitive
of Helen to get a much better gift for Kira than Emma could afford, or
is it unfair if none of Kira's gifts are more costly because Emma
can't afford much?
Helen certainly knew the significance of the date already. I don't think
Kirsty was really reminding her of the date, but telling her that she
was not alone in remembering it, and that she, Kirsty, was available if
Helen was finding the day difficult.
I am always uncomfortable with those who are keen to offer: if you want to
talk about it. I think folk will choose who they want to talk to. If you
seem to be the right person, they will choose you
BTMS - Usurped as Editor in waiting
Nick Odell
2017-04-06 10:57:50 UTC
I am always uncomfortable with those who are keen to offer: if you want to
talk about it. I think folk will choose who they want to talk to. If you
seem to be the right person, they will choose you
For a burdened person, getting rebuffed by someone they thought they
could talk to is IMO only adding to the weight that they carry.
Indicating that you are willing to listen is AIMO A Good Thing.