Radio Times/BBC Credits and Spoilers - week ending 8th February 2019
2019-01-30 13:12:56 UTC

Johnny Phillips - Tom Gibbons
Roy Tucker - Ian Pepperell
Natasha - Mali Harries
Leonard - Paul Copley

Director : Marina Caldarone
Editor : Jeremy Howe
Writer : Tim Stimpson

Spoilers:
Sunday 3rd - Brian faces the consequences of his decision and Jill drops
a bombshell.
Monday 4th - Roy has reservations and Johnny feels the pressure.
Tuesday 5th - It's judgement day for Brian, and Pip is not impressed.
Wednesday 6th - It's all change for Alistair, and there's an unexpected
invitation for Kirsty.
Thursday 7th - There's a guest at Brookfield, and Toby has a solution to
his current problems.
Friday 8th - Elizabeth is forced to confront the truth and there's a sad
goodbye for Lexi.
2019-01-30 13:52:45 UTC
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
?
/
/
/
/
Post by carolet
Sunday 3rd - Brian faces the consequences of his decision and Jill drops
a bombshell.
Brian washes his face - in the narsty chemicals drum left for him to
reflect upon.
Jill tells Lizzie to pull herself together or next time it won’t be the
bomb shell but, the ton of TNT it had contained - ignited by a slice of
flying flapjack
Post by carolet
Monday 4th - Roy has reservations and Johnny feels the pressure.
‘Yes Mr. & Mrs. Smith, I have your reservation for the Bridal Suite on my
booking screen now- just the one night like last month’s booking?

Ok., Tony, I’ll check the tyres on the tractors as soon as I have finished
the cars and the delivery van and the seed drill and the ...’
Post by carolet
Tuesday 5th - It's judgement day for Brian, and Pip is not impressed.
Why are you wearing those fireproof leggings and that fireproof jacket
Brian?

Pip: Brian, where you’ll be going, those leggings and jacket won’t protect
you!
Post by carolet
Wednesday 6th - It's all change for Alistair, and there's an unexpected
invitation for Kirsty.
Sorry Alistair, pennies, thrupenny bits and a brass razzoo is all I have to
pay for Bartleby’s Vet Care since Clarrie stopped taken rent from Edward
‘n’ Emma.

Philip has asked Kirsty if she will help him smash up the rubbish concrete
base he laid at David ‘n’ Ruths place.
Post by carolet
Thursday 7th - There's a guest at Brookfield, and Toby has a solution to
his current problems.
Oh hello Nelson - I didn’t see you there!

Toby has just found a copy of ‘101 Ways to Commit Suicide’ in Lizzy’s waste
bin.
Post by carolet
Friday 8th - Elizabeth is forced to confront the truth and there's a sad
goodbye for Lexi.
Lizzy, that book isn’t ‘lost’, it is wherever you left it.

It was nice knowing you Lexi, it’s a pity the SW’s are writing you out as
dying in childbirth.
2019-01-30 14:03:19 UTC
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
?
/
/
/
/
Post by carolet
Thursday 7th - There's a guest at Brookfield, and Toby has a solution to
his current problems.
Oh hello Nelson - I didn’t see you there!
Toby has just found a copy of ‘101 Ways to Commit Suicide’ in Lizzy’s waste
bin.
I think that deserves a BTN.
Friday 8th - Elizabeth is forced to confront the truth and there's a sad
goodbye for Lexi.
Lizzy, that book isn’t ‘lost’, it is wherever you left it.
It was nice knowing you Lexi, it’s a pity the SW’s are writing you out as
dying in childbirth.
That might deserve one, too.
2019-02-01 16:51:15 UTC
Post by LFS
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
?
/
/
/
/
Post by carolet
Thursday 7th - There's a guest at Brookfield, and Toby has a solution to
his current problems.
Oh hello Nelson - I didn’t see you there!
Toby has just found a copy of ‘101 Ways to Commit Suicide’ in Lizzy’s waste
bin.
I think that deserves a BTN.
Friday 8th - Elizabeth is forced to confront the truth and there's a sad
goodbye for Lexi.
Lizzy, that book isn’t ‘lost’, it is wherever you left it.
It was nice knowing you Lexi, it’s a pity the SW’s are writing you out as
dying in childbirth.
That might deserve one, too.
Replying to my own post for the attention of the BTM...
2019-02-01 19:52:20 UTC
Post by LFS
Post by LFS
Thursday 7th - There's a guest at Brookfield, and Toby has a solution to
his current problems.
Oh hello Nelson - I didn’t see you there!
Toby has just found a copy of ‘101 Ways to Commit Suicide’ in Lizzy’s waste
bin.
I think that deserves a BTN.
Friday 8th - Elizabeth is forced to confront the truth and there's a sad
goodbye for Lexi.
Lizzy, that book isn’t ‘lost’, it is wherever you left it.
It was nice knowing you Lexi, it’s a pity the SW’s are writing you out as
dying in childbirth.
That might deserve one, too.
Replying to my own post for the attention of the BTM...
Yes to the first, no to the second. (Trying to sort out the
attributions, that's Mike nominated by LFS, yes?)

Note: this was almost disqualified for insufficient snippage. I am not
a BTM to be trifled with. You Have Been Warned.
2019-02-01 20:32:03 UTC
Post by LFS
Post by LFS
[...]
From the newsgroup that brought us a MERINGUE we now have a BTM who is
not to be trifled with.

I think this needs a formal framework so I propose we adopt

Common Unified Standards To Achieve Responsible Dissemination

By Limiting All Non-Connected Material ANd Good Editing

2019-02-01 22:08:43 UTC
Post by LFS
Post by LFS
[...]
From the newsgroup that brought us a MERINGUE we now have a BTM who is
not to be trifled with.
I think this needs a formal framework so I propose we adopt
Common Unified Standards To Achieve Responsible Dissemination
By Limiting All Non-Connected Material ANd Good Editing
Nick
Where are the boudoir biscuits in all this malarky?
2019-02-02 07:34:39 UTC
Post by LFS
Post by LFS
[...]
Huh. You confess to having trouble with the attributions: if I'd snipped
you would have found it even more difficult. So there. And I don't
respond well to warnings. And if you start asserting that you have been
"very clear" about this, I shall flounce off.
2019-02-02 08:15:49 UTC
Post by LFS
Note: this was almost disqualified for insufficient snippage.  I am
not a BTM to be trifled with.  You Have Been Warned.
Huh. You confess to having trouble with the attributions: if I'd snipped
you would have found it even more difficult. So there. And I don't
respond well to warnings. And if you start asserting that you have been
"very clear" about this, I shall flounce off.
The BTM was unavailable for comment, but has sent this recorded statement:

"Nominations are the Top Priority of the BTM, who values all
contributions and is fully committed to enhancing the user experience of
all umrats. This is a time of National Emergency, and that is why a
raft of measures is being rolled out. Among these are Efficiency
Savings, which include cutting down on waste script. As a result the
number of nominations considered has been unprecedented under this BTM
and continues to rise.

Thank you. That is all.

Right. Any more of that sort of bolshie nonsense from Laura will have
to be firmly dealt with. Talking back to the BTM? Who the...oh, nugger
- is this thing still on?"
2019-02-02 09:14:31 UTC
Post by LFS
Post by LFS
Post by LFS
[...]
That’s it Laura, you tell him! We are not afraid of a bullying NewBottoms
are we Laura?! Err,... sorry Laura but do you mind if I hide amongst your
flounces please? Look out! He’s heading this way , Oh Matron! Sid’s out of
bed again.... MATRON!
2019-02-02 09:44:52 UTC
That’s it Laura, you tell him! We are not afraid of a bullying NewBottoms
are we Laura?! Err,... sorry Laura but do you mind if I hide amongst your
flounces please? Look out! He’s heading this way , Oh Matron! Sid’s out of
bed again.... MATRON!
I can see you there, Mike. Don't think I can't. And if you ever call
me NewBottoms again I will hunt you down and have my revenge, no matter
how long it takes.
2019-02-02 09:50:15 UTC
That’s it Laura, you tell him! We are not afraid of a bullying NewBottoms
are we Laura?! Err,... sorry Laura but do you mind if I hide amongst your
flounces please? Look out! He’s heading this way , Oh Matron! Sid’s out of
bed again.... MATRON!
I can see you there, Mike. Don't think I can't. And if you ever call
me NewBottoms again I will hunt you down and have my revenge, no matter
how long it takes.
Ooooh, oh dear! MATRON... the blue with pink spots pills over here
quickly!!! Pretty please!
YAVillanelleAICM5fleabags
Penny
2019-02-01 09:12:15 UTC
On Wed, 30 Jan 2019 13:12:56 +0000, carolet <***@gmail.com>
Leonard - Paul Copley
He's been playing aged Yorkshiremen for so long I keep being surprised to
find he's still alive but note he is (only) 74.
2019-02-01 09:23:22 UTC
Leonard - Paul Copley
He's been playing aged Yorkshiremen for so long I keep being surprised to
find he's still alive but note he is (only) 74.
He attended ‘King Street Junior’ too.
2019-02-01 09:25:55 UTC
Leonard - Paul Copley
He's been playing aged Yorkshiremen for so long I keep being surprised to
find he's still alive but note he is (only) 74.
He's the Yorkshire version of Casting Central's James Fleet or Kerry
Shale, isn't he? But I like him.

2019-02-01 11:30:15 UTC
On Fri, 1 Feb 2019 09:25:55 +0000, Nick Odell
Leonard - Paul Copley
He's been playing aged Yorkshiremen for so long I keep being surprised to
find he's still alive but note he is (only) 74.
He's the Yorkshire version of Casting Central's James Fleet or Kerry
Shale, isn't he? But I like him.
Nick
Was he the person at the vet practice whop Alastair had the
conversation with? I thought maybe Snappy should have sorted out what
his duties would be before he sold.
Mike
2019-02-01 11:32:10 UTC
On Fri, 1 Feb 2019 09:25:55 +0000, Nick Odell
Leonard - Paul Copley
He's been playing aged Yorkshiremen for so long I keep being surprised to
find he's still alive but note he is (only) 74.
He's the Yorkshire version of Casting Central's James Fleet or Kerry
Shale, isn't he? But I like him.
Nick
Was he the person at the vet practice whop Alastair had the
conversation with? I thought maybe Snappy should have sorted out what
his duties would be before he sold.
Don’t recall hearing his rather distinctive voice last night.
2019-02-01 13:32:26 UTC
I thought maybe Snappy should have sorted out what
his duties would be before he sold.
Agreed. You'd have thought he would have learned from his experience
with Anisha but, clearly not.
Q. Why did the chicken cross the Mobius strip?
A. To get to the same side.
carolet
2019-02-01 14:39:35 UTC
On Fri, 1 Feb 2019 09:25:55 +0000, Nick Odell
Leonard - Paul Copley
He's been playing aged Yorkshiremen for so long I keep being surprised to
find he's still alive but note he is (only) 74.
He's the Yorkshire version of Casting Central's James Fleet or Kerry
Shale, isn't he? But I like him.
Nick
Was he the person at the vet practice whop Alastair had the
conversation with? I thought maybe Snappy should have sorted out what
his duties would be before he sold.
This is next week's cast list. We shall have to wait a few days to see
who Leonard is.

I think that Alistair's head vet person was called Doug, though I didn't
hear it very clearly. There was nobody of that name in this week's cast
list, or any other unknown names for that matter.
2019-02-01 22:39:03 UTC
On Fri, 1 Feb 2019 09:25:55 +0000, Nick Odell
Leonard - Paul Copley
He's been playing aged Yorkshiremen for so long I keep being surprised to
find he's still alive but note he is (only) 74.
He's the Yorkshire version of Casting Central's James Fleet or Kerry
Shale, isn't he? But I like him.
Nick
Was he the person at the vet practice whop Alastair had the
conversation with? I thought maybe Snappy should have sorted out what
his duties would be before he sold.
This is next week's cast list. We shall have to wait a few days to see
who Leonard is.
I think that Alistair's head vet person was called Doug, though I didn't
hear it very clearly. There was nobody of that name in this week's cast
list, or any other unknown names for that matter.
I did look at this week's list and didn't see anyone new so wondered
whether it was Leonard in next week's. Maybe he will be the new
resident at Home Farm?
Chris J Dixon
2019-02-02 11:27:49 UTC
He's the Yorkshire version of Casting Central's James Fleet or Kerry
Shale, isn't he? But I like him.
I was quite surprised recently to see KS on screen when catching
up with the "On The Town" prom where he was narrator.

***@cdixon.me.uk
2019-02-02 13:21:01 UTC
Post by Chris J Dixon
Post by Nick Odell
He's the Yorkshire version of Casting Central's James Fleet or Kerry
Shale, isn't he? But I like him.
I was quite surprised recently to see KS on screen when catching
up with the "On The Town" prom where he was narrator.
We were at the On The Town prom and it was so weird to hear Kerry
Shale's voice coming out of a man who was most definitely not the Kerry
Shale in my head.

It was a great evening - did you have a special interest in catching up
with that? It was my very first actual promenading Prom Concert and we
were just behind the mixing desk in the auditorium: you can spot us if
you know who you are looking for.

2019-02-04 11:29:35 UTC
We were at the On The Town prom and it was so weird to hear Kerry
Shale's voice coming out of a man who was most definitely not the Kerry
Shale in my head.
It was a great evening - did you have a special interest in catching up
with that? It was my very first actual promenading Prom Concert and we
were just behind the mixing desk in the auditorium: you can spot us if
you know who you are looking for.
No special interest - we like John Wilson and his usual material,
had recorded the prom back when it was transmitted, but only got
round to watching during the holidays.

***@cdixon.me.uk
2019-02-02 13:55:57 UTC
On Sat, 02 Feb 2019 11:27:49 +0000, Chris J Dixon <***@cdixon.me.uk>
scrawled in the dust...
Post by Chris J Dixon
I was quite surprised recently to see KS on screen when catching
up with the "On The Town" prom where he was narrator.
Oh dear, it had never occurred to me to find out what he looks like - and
now I have :(
<https://www.imdb.com/videoplayer/vi16887321>

I'm quite happy to hear him as nearly-every-American-male (even if he is
Canadian and can do other accents) but I became quite fed up with the
British Adjoa Andoh's American accent which made Maya Angelou sound like
Mrs Madrigal (played by Kate Harper).

Tim Bentinck shared his showreel on Facebook recently
<https://vimeo.com/311709509>
It doesn't include his appearance in Twelfth Night which I saw on TV a few
weeks back.