OT ISP shenanigans (three)
2021-09-21 16:32:05 UTC
Actually, it's not shenanigans according to the dictionary but it amused
me. My contract was coming to an end (unlimited everything for £18.25)
so I went to their web-site and found the same for £16.

I phoned and said I wanted to switch to that at the end of my present
contract.

They said that was for an extra contract for existing customers.

OK, I said, I'll start an extra one and not renew my present one.

I'll text my supervisor, <interlude with chat about working from home>,
yes my supervisor says it's ok to extend present contract at new price.

£27 saved for happy me.
steve hague
2021-09-22 09:42:57 UTC
Post by DavidK
Actually, it's not shenanigans according to the dictionary but it amused
me. My contract was coming to an end (unlimited everything for £18.25)
so I went to their web-site and found the same for £16.
I phoned and said I wanted to switch to that at the end of my present
contract.
They said that was for an extra contract for existing customers.
OK, I said, I'll start an extra one and not renew my present one.
I'll text my supervisor, <interlude with chat about working from home>,
yes my supervisor says it's ok to extend present contract at new price.
£27 saved for happy me.
When I see that word I always think there should be an Irish liqueur
called Shenanigan.
2021-09-22 11:41:51 UTC
Post by steve hague
Post by DavidK
Actually, it's not shenanigans according to the dictionary but it
amused me. My contract was coming to an end (unlimited everything for
£18.25) so I went to their web-site and found the same for £16.
Does that unlimited everything include calls? If so, who are you with?
[]
Post by steve hague
Post by DavidK
I'll text my supervisor, <interlude with chat about working from
home>, yes my supervisor says it's ok to extend present contract at
new price.
£27 saved for happy me.
Indeed; well done! (I hope. Plusnet's fake-Yorkshire slogan of "we'll do
you proud" makes me give the hollow laugh, as I had to work hard to make
sure they didn't do me.)
Post by steve hague
When I see that word I always think there should be an Irish liqueur
called Shenanigan.
Steve
Ah, the meaning of Liff strikes again. I may have said here before that
I always feel the part of Oxford my brother lives in should have a
meaning - "I feel a bit Iffley today".

The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual
rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities. - Ayn Rand, quoted by Deb
Shinder 2012-3-30
Chris
2021-09-22 14:30:16 UTC
Post by steve hague
When I see that word I always think there should be an Irish liqueur
called Shenanigan.
Steve
Ah, the meaning of Liff strikes again. I may have said here before that
I always feel the part of Oxford my brother lives in should have a
meaning - "I feel a bit Iffley today".
My paternal great grandparents moved from Iffley to Reading when my granny
was 14.

2021-09-22 17:41:30 UTC
Does that unlimited everything include calls? If so, who are you with?
Three. Yes, everything. Though wife has an unlimited calls and texts
(and 1GB data) for £5 per month. It's the data that attracts me, I watch
all my TV on my laptop.
J. P. Gilliver (John)
2021-09-23 01:26:33 UTC
Post by DavidK
Post by J. P. Gilliver (John)
Does that unlimited everything include calls? If so, who are you with?
Three. Yes, everything. Though wife has an unlimited calls and texts
(and 1GB data) for £5 per month. It's the data that attracts me, I
watch all my TV on my laptop.
Ah. I thought you were meaning landline ISP. Coverage here isn't good
enough for me to switch to fobile internet.

... basically it's another language and unless you've studied it, it's
difficult to grasp. I know people get outraged at me saying it, but it's only
my opinion. I'm not telling people who adore Shakespeare to stop adoring it
this minute. - Jane Horrocks, in Radio Times 30 July - 5 August 2011