UMRA birthday info for 4 January 2020
Birthday Monitor
2020-01-04 07:17:22 UTC
Birthday News for today, 4 January: Jenny M Benson.
2020-01-04 08:13:36 UTC
Post by Birthday Monitor
Birthday News for today, 4 January: Jenny M Benson.
MHR JMB!

Probably shows I've been unobservant for a _long_ time, but maybe it's
because of the new year, but I've now noticed the "birthday info" posts
include the year in the subject. Since demise doesn't affect one's
status in these announcements, I'm wondering why the year is stated (-:

"I do not feel obliged to believe that the God who endowed me with sense,
reason, and intellect intends me to forego their use". - Gallileo Gallilei
Serena Blanchflower
2020-01-04 08:55:28 UTC
Probably shows I've been unobservant for a _long_ time, but maybe it's
because of the new year, but I've now noticed the "birthday info" posts
include the year in the subject. Since demise doesn't affect one's
Probably so that it will always show up as a new thread, even for anyrat
who has more than a year's retention and whose newsreader threads by
subject line.
And, while it was regarded as pretty good evidence of criminality to be
living in a slum, for some reason owning a whole street of them merely
got you invited to the very best social occasions. (Terry Pratchett)
J. P. Gilliver (John)
2020-01-04 08:59:02 UTC
Probably shows I've been unobservant for a _long_ time, but maybe
it's because of the new year, but I've now noticed the "birthday
info" posts include the year in the subject. Since demise doesn't
affect one's status in these announcements, I'm wondering why the
Probably so that it will always show up as a new thread, even for
anyrat who has more than a year's retention and whose newsreader
threads by subject line.
Ah, that would make sense.

Science fiction is escape into reality - Arthur C Clarke
Nick Leverton
2020-01-04 19:35:20 UTC
Probably shows I've been unobservant for a _long_ time, but maybe it's
because of the new year, but I've now noticed the "birthday info" posts
include the year in the subject. Since demise doesn't affect one's
Probably so that it will always show up as a new thread, even for anyrat
who has more than a year's retention and whose newsreader threads by
subject line.
Thanks Serena. I don't remember how many years ago it was changed -
at least seven, since that is when the script was last updated - but
this was the reason, yes.

Birthday Monitor
2020-01-05 00:18:48 UTC
On Sat, 4 Jan 2020 19:35:20 +0000 (UTC), Nick Leverton <***@leverton.org>
scrawled in the dust...
Post by Nick Leverton
Probably shows I've been unobservant for a _long_ time, but maybe it's
because of the new year, but I've now noticed the "birthday info" posts
include the year in the subject. Since demise doesn't affect one's
Probably so that it will always show up as a new thread, even for anyrat
who has more than a year's retention and whose newsreader threads by
subject line.
Thanks Serena. I don't remember how many years ago it was changed -
at least seven, since that is when the script was last updated - but
this was the reason, yes.
Very fine idea - I often miss the latest 'Farewell then' posts because they
appear near the top in amongst the ancient 'I'll read it later' threads
whereas the birthday announcements are always at the end.
2020-01-05 11:07:41 UTC
Post by Nick Leverton
Probably shows I've been unobservant for a _long_ time, but maybe it's
because of the new year, but I've now noticed the "birthday info" posts
include the year in the subject. Since demise doesn't affect one's
Probably so that it will always show up as a new thread, even for anyrat
who has more than a year's retention and whose newsreader threads by
subject line.
Thanks Serena. I don't remember how many years ago it was changed -
at least seven, since that is when the script was last updated - but
this was the reason, yes.
Very fine idea - I often miss the latest 'Farewell then' posts because they
appear near the top in amongst the ancient 'I'll read it later' threads
whereas the birthday announcements are always at the end.
I'm also using Agent and I don't usually miss posts in this way. I
think it's probably my combination of message expiry dates and having
set the newsreader to automatically download umra post bodies. When I
press <space> for the first time after downloading, it starts at the
first group in my list and when it reaches umra it begins at the top
of the page and stops at each unread message all the way down.

MTAAW Agent and not missing things
Penny
2020-01-05 17:35:25 UTC
Post by Nick Leverton
[...]
Yeah but, as mentioned (relatively) recently, I have over 100 unread
messages at the top of the group which I'm still kidding myself I will read
one day. Some of these date back years.
2020-01-05 18:24:06 UTC
Post by Nick Leverton
[...]
Or will Mark Read them for you one day?
2020-01-04 08:53:56 UTC
Happy birthday Jenny! I hope you have a splendiferous day :)
The difference between theory and practice is that in theory there is no
difference between them: in practice there usually is.(Arnold Kraakman)
Vicky Ayech
2020-01-04 09:40:39 UTC
On Sat, 4 Jan 2020 07:17:22 +0000 (UTC), Birthday Monitor
Post by Birthday Monitor
Birthday News for today, 4 January: Jenny M Benson.
Many happy returns, Jenny. What good timing. Lots of stollen and
Christmas cake left over in The Bull, so party tonight?
Mike
2020-01-04 10:14:36 UTC
Post by Birthday Monitor
Birthday News for today, 4 January: Jenny M Benson.
Many happy returns, Jenny. What good timing. Lots of stollen and
Christmas cake left over in The Bull, so party tonight?
.... and there may be a few slices of that peacock pie left...
2020-01-04 18:19:10 UTC
Post by Birthday Monitor
Birthday News for today, 4 January: Jenny M Benson.
Happy birthday, MOPMOB!
2020-01-04 19:33:00 UTC
Post by Birthday Monitor
Birthday News for today, 4 January: Jenny M Benson.
I shall raise a toast to Jenny.
Hope you're having a wonderful day.
2020-01-04 19:38:06 UTC
Post by Birthday Monitor
Birthday News for today, 4 January: Jenny M Benson.
Many Happy Hippoes,Jenny.
Min
2020-01-05 00:32:23 UTC
Post by Birthday Monitor
Birthday News for today, 4 January: Jenny M Benson.
Belated (by half an hour) Happies from Me & the Hounds!
Min
SODAM
2020-01-05 12:23:06 UTC
Post by Birthday Monitor
Birthday News for today, 4 January: Jenny M Benson.
Oh dear, Jenny - I missed your birthday. Belated happy birthday greetings
from me and Bingo. I hope you celebrated as much as possible as a prelude
to a great year ahead.

I was too busy to log in yesterday and had been suffering all sorts of
WiFi connection problems. However, when JPEG and I held a devolved umra
BBQ yesterday, he resolved the ropey WiFi connection! Hurrah for JPEG.
--
SODAM
The thinking umrat’s choice for editor
Chris McMillan
2020-01-05 14:40:43 UTC
Post by SODAM
Post by Birthday Monitor
Birthday News for today, 4 January: Jenny M Benson.
Oh dear, Jenny - I missed your birthday. Belated happy birthday greetings
from me and Bingo. I hope you celebrated as much as possible as a prelude
to a great year ahead.
I was too busy to log in yesterday and had been suffering all sorts of
WiFi connection problems. However, when JPEG and I held a devolved umra
BBQ yesterday, he resolved the ropey WiFi connection! Hurrah for JPEG.
Oh well done you two!!

2020-01-07 15:01:25 UTC
Post by SODAM
Post by Birthday Monitor
Birthday News for today, 4 January: Jenny M Benson.
Oh dear, Jenny - I missed your birthday. Belated happy birthday greetings
from me and Bingo. I hope you celebrated as much as possible as a prelude
to a great year ahead.
Numerous thanks to allrats for the kindly wishes. No need for
appo-logies from anyone as I've only just been able to return to Umra
myself for the first time since early 03 Jan.

As I'd missed out on the usual family gathering on St Stephen's Day
because of still suffering the after-effects of 'flu (1) my sil laid on
a special lunch in my honour on Saturday, decorated with balloons,
kicked off with Prosecco and concluded with very gooey chocolate cake
with champagne-bottle-candles and accompanied by the opening of both
Christmas and Birthday prezzies. So a Very Good Day!
Wrexham, UK
Mike
2020-01-07 15:04:13 UTC
Post by SODAM
Post by Birthday Monitor
Birthday News for today, 4 January: Jenny M Benson.
Oh dear, Jenny - I missed your birthday. Belated happy birthday greetings
from me and Bingo. I hope you celebrated as much as possible as a prelude
to a great year ahead.
Numerous thanks to allrats for the kindly wishes. No need for
appo-logies from anyone as I've only just been able to return to Umra
myself for the first time since early 03 Jan.
As I'd missed out on the usual family gathering on St Stephen's Day
because of still suffering the after-effects of 'flu (1) my sil laid on
a special lunch in my honour on Saturday, decorated with balloons,
kicked off with Prosecco and concluded with very gooey chocolate cake
with champagne-bottle-candles and accompanied by the opening of both
Christmas and Birthday prezzies. So a Very Good Day!
A very good venue - the choccy bunker...
2020-01-07 16:19:39 UTC
Post by SODAM
Post by Birthday Monitor
Birthday News for today, 4 January: Jenny M Benson.
Oh dear, Jenny - I missed your birthday. Belated happy birthday greetings
from me and Bingo. I hope you celebrated as much as possible as a prelude
to a great year ahead.
Numerous thanks to allrats for the kindly wishes. No need for
appo-logies from anyone as I've only just been able to return to Umra
myself for the first time since early 03 Jan.
As I'd missed out on the usual family gathering on St Stephen's Day
because of still suffering the after-effects of 'flu (1) my sil laid on
a special lunch in my honour on Saturday, decorated with balloons,
kicked off with Prosecco and concluded with very gooey chocolate cake
with champagne-bottle-candles and accompanied by the opening of both
Christmas and Birthday prezzies. So a Very Good Day!
Very pleased choccie was on offer!

Sincerely Chris
SODAM
2020-01-07 19:15:27 UTC
.
As I'd missed out on the usual family gathering on St Stephen's Day
because of still suffering the after-effects of 'flu (1) my sil laid on
a special lunch in my honour on Saturday, decorated with balloons,
kicked off with Prosecco and concluded with very gooey chocolate cake
with champagne-bottle-candles and accompanied by the opening of both
Christmas and Birthday prezzies. So a Very Good Day!
Birthdays don’t come much better than that!