UMRA birthday info for 4 August 2019
Add Reply
Birthday Monitor
2019-08-04 06:27:27 UTC
Birthday News for today, 4 August: Betty Tucker.
2019-08-04 08:06:23 UTC
Post by Birthday Monitor
Birthday News for today, 4 August: Betty Tucker.
Mike hasn’t even mentioned it!
2019-08-04 09:50:03 UTC
On Sun, 04 Aug 2019 08:06:23 GMT, Mike <***@ntlworld.com> scrawled
in the dust...
Post by Mike
Post by Birthday Monitor
Birthday News for today, 4 August: Betty Tucker.
Mike hasn’t even mentioned it!
Mike hasn't been heard from for a very long time - neither has Roy.
2019-08-04 10:24:33 UTC
in the dust...
Post by Mike
Post by Birthday Monitor
Birthday News for today, 4 August: Betty Tucker.
Mike hasn’t even mentioned it!
Mike hasn't been heard from for a very long time - neither has Roy.
Presactly!
2019-08-04 16:49:07 UTC
in the dust...
Post by Birthday Monitor
Birthday News for today, 4 August: Betty Tucker.
Mike hasn’t even mentioned it!
Mike hasn't been heard from for a very long time - neither has Roy.
Presactly!
I think Vicky and Mike should come back with Umbrella and help the
Saint to run riding for the disabled as her project when she failed to
get onto the vicar course.
I was surprised Alan said he'd been expecting her to return for it, as
if he approved. I don't as she is a nosy and bossy cow. Not suitable.
But maybe he just said nice things knowing she will fail.
Mike
2019-08-04 17:18:51 UTC
in the dust...
Post by Birthday Monitor
Birthday News for today, 4 August: Betty Tucker.
Mike hasn’t even mentioned it!
Mike hasn't been heard from for a very long time - neither has Roy.
Presactly!
I think Vicky and Mike should come back with Umbrella and help the
Saint to run riding for the disabled as her project when she failed to
get onto the vicar course.
I was surprised Alan said he'd been expecting her to return for it, as
if he approved. I don't as she is a nosy and bossy cow. Not suitable.
But maybe he just said nice things knowing she will fail.
Alan saying he expected her to return is not the same thing as approving or
condoning her decision; no doubt if asked, he may have offered his views to
Shula but I’m sure his ‘duty’ would require he encourage anyone rather than
discourage them.
2019-08-04 19:43:07 UTC
in the dust...
Post by Birthday Monitor
Birthday News for today, 4 August: Betty Tucker.
Mike hasn’t even mentioned it!
Mike hasn't been heard from for a very long time - neither has Roy.
Presactly!
I think Vicky and Mike should come back with Umbrella and help the
Saint to run riding for the disabled as her project when she failed to
get onto the vicar course.
I was surprised Alan said he'd been expecting her to return for it, as
if he approved. I don't as she is a nosy and bossy cow. Not suitable.
But maybe he just said nice things knowing she will fail.
Alan saying he expected her to return is not the same thing as approving or
condoning her decision; no doubt if asked, he may have offered his views to
Shula but I’m sure his ‘duty’ would require he encourage anyone rather than
discourage them.
Eggzactly. I think anyone who says, as Shula did, "I think I'd make a good
vicar" would be unsuitable just by that statement.
2019-08-04 20:16:53 UTC
in the dust...
Post by Birthday Monitor
[...]
This seems a suitably unsuitable place to jump in and say I'll be
maintaining radio silence for a couple of weeks - but don't think for a
moment that I won't be watching you! I absolutely refuse to let my phone
know my Google Groups password - or any other password, come to that -
so I'll be in receive-only mode until we come back.

We are leaving Buenos Aires tomorrow morning and flying with Flybondi[1]
to Jujuy[2] and after a couple of days moving on to Cafayate[3] and then
to Salta and Tucuman[4] Before we come back to Buenos Aires on the train
- the same one American writer Paul Theroux travelled on in his book
"The Old Patagonian Express" and which he called Estrella del Norte - we
will spend a night at at astronomical observatory high in the Andes
mountains where the stars are very clear but the nights are very cold!
We are taking lots of camera gear for that but can't vouch for the
results we'll get.

Please don't hold a General Election 'til I get back!

Nick
[1]Translated from Argentine Spanish slang it means "flying bus."
[2]pronounced Who-Hooey
[3]"y" pronounced like the soft "g" in Geronimo
[4]which are pronounced just as you would expect :)
Kate B
2019-08-04 22:07:26 UTC
in the dust...
Post by Birthday Monitor
[...]
Have a stellar time! Looking forward to seeing some pics when you get back.
<languid wave> To avoid camera shake, wrap up well and avoid the Stella !
Vicky Ayech
Bon voyage.
Fenny
2019-08-04 23:14:51 UTC
Post by Nick Odell
Please don't hold a General Election 'til I get back!
Even if one is called, it can't happen in 2 weeks. Hope you've got
your proxy vote sorted.
2019-08-05 08:07:25 UTC
Nick Odell <***@themusicworkshop.plus.com> wrote:
and then
Post by Nick Odell
to Salta and Tucuman[4] Before we come back to Buenos Aires on the train
Nick
[
[4]which are pronounced just as you would expect :)
Well, dunno ‘bout yew but, I’d pronounce it ‘Salta and Tucuman’, ‘Salta and
Tucuman’ or perhaps ‘Salta and Tucuman’. (But the, each to their own I
s’pose.)
2019-08-05 09:33:24 UTC
On Mon, 05 Aug 2019 08:07:25 GMT, Mike <***@ntlworld.com> scrawled
in the dust...
Post by Nick Odell
and then
Post by Nick Odell
to Salta and Tucuman[4] Before we come back to Buenos Aires on the train
Nick
[
[4]which are pronounced just as you would expect :)
Well, dunno ‘bout yew but, I’d pronounce it ‘Salta and Tucuman’, ‘Salta and
Tucuman’ or perhaps ‘Salta and Tucuman’. (But the, each to their own I
s’pose.)
My thoughts exactly.
2019-08-06 08:51:32 UTC
in the dust...
Post by Birthday Monitor
[...]
Enjoy both! (Not read that particular one)