Radio Times/BBC Credits and Spoilers - 28th June to 1st July 2021
2021-06-23 22:22:14 UTC

Cast :
Elizabeth Pargetter - Alison Dowling
Freddie Pargetter - Toby Laurence
Lily Pargetter - Katie Redford
Russ Jones - Andonis James Anthony
Rex Fairbrother - Nick Barber
Vince Casey - Tony Turner
Mrs Casey - Susan Jameson
Paul - Nick Barber
Sol - Luke Nunn

Director : Julie Beckett
Editor : Jeremy Howe
Writer : Naylah Ahmed

Spoilers:
Monday 28th - Lily regrets her actions and Vince makes his presence felt.
Tuesday 29th - Rex offers a shoulder and Freddie comes to the rescue.
Wednesday 30th - Elizabeth receives a surprising visitor and Lily has a
confession to make.
Thursday 1st - Russ unveils a surprise and Elizabeth is honest about her
feelings.

We had reverted to two writers for a few weeks, but we are back to a
single writer again this week.

It is a very short cast list, and two of the characters that are in it,
have the same actor.
2021-06-23 22:28:53 UTC
Mrs Casey    -    Susan Jameson
Mrs James Bolam I believe. Vince's mother I assume.
Min
2021-06-24 00:58:13 UTC
Mrs Casey - Susan Jameson
Mrs James Bolam I believe. Vince's mother I assume.
First definitely. Very fine actress. I have seen (TV, m'lud) her
with a very fine line of vitriolic criticism. It would be nice if
one was unleashed.....
Min
Mike McMillan
2021-06-24 07:42:22 UTC
Post by Min
Mrs Casey - Susan Jameson
Mrs James Bolam I believe. Vince's mother I assume.
First definitely. Very fine actress. I have seen (TV, m'lud) her
with a very fine line of vitriolic criticism. It would be nice if
one was unleashed.....
Preferably against Russ please.
Toddle Pip, Mike McMillan
Vicky Ayech
2021-06-24 08:27:11 UTC
On Thu, 24 Jun 2021 07:42:22 -0000 (UTC), Mike McMillan
Post by Mike McMillan
Post by Min
Mrs Casey - Susan Jameson
Mrs James Bolam I believe. Vince's mother I assume.
First definitely. Very fine actress. I have seen (TV, m'lud) her
with a very fine line of vitriolic criticism. It would be nice if
one was unleashed.....
Preferably against Russ please.
Might she not be Vince's wife? And she's not ex. She wants to tell
Elizabeth to leave her husband alone?
Mike McMillan
2021-06-24 08:39:48 UTC
Post by Mike McMillan
Post by Min
Mrs Casey - Susan Jameson
Mrs James Bolam I believe. Vince's mother I assume.
First definitely. Very fine actress. I have seen (TV, m'lud) her
with a very fine line of vitriolic criticism. It would be nice if
one was unleashed.....
Preferably against Russ please.
Might she not be Vince's wife? And she's not ex. She wants to tell
Elizabeth to leave her husband alone?
‘Twould be good, also, as well, too.
Toddle Pip, Mike McMillan
Chris
2021-06-25 09:38:56 UTC
Post by Mike McMillan
Post by Min
Mrs Casey - Susan Jameson
Mrs James Bolam I believe. Vince's mother I assume.
First definitely. Very fine actress. I have seen (TV, m'lud) her
with a very fine line of vitriolic criticism. It would be nice if
one was unleashed.....
Preferably against Russ please.
More likely against Lizzie.

Sincerely Chris
Philip Hole
2021-06-25 08:24:33 UTC
Mrs Casey    -    Susan Jameson
Mrs James Bolam I believe.  Vince's mother I assume.
I have often wondered what it is like to see your wife kissing and in
bed with another man.

(New Tricks with Alun Armstrong).
Flop
Chris
2021-06-25 09:38:55 UTC
Mrs Casey    -    Susan Jameson
Mrs James Bolam I believe. Vince's mother I assume.
His ex wofe? We know his obnoxious daughter

2021-06-24 07:40:53 UTC
[...]
With Eddie having poached Rex’s taxi work, Nick Barber has had to do some
moonlighting I think.
Toddle Pip, Mike McMillan
Penny
2021-06-24 10:44:22 UTC
On Wed, 23 Jun 2021 23:22:14 +0100, carolet <***@gmail.com>
It is a very short cast list, and two of the characters that are in it,
have the same actor.
Well that will make it even harder than usual to figure out who is talking
to whom - unless the actor can actually act...
2021-06-24 15:57:01 UTC
It is a very short cast list, and two of the characters that are in it,
have the same actor.
Well that will make it even harder than usual to figure out who is talking
to whom - unless the actor can actually act...
I understand that when we have a minor uncredited part, it is often one
of the regulars doing some actual acting. I was just surprised that they
are giving a credit in this case.
2021-06-24 16:29:56 UTC
It is a very short cast list, and two of the characters that are in it,
have the same actor.
Well that will make it even harder than usual to figure out who is talking
to whom - unless the actor can actually act...
I understand that when we have a minor uncredited part, it is often one
of the regulars doing some actual acting. I was just surprised that they
are giving a credit in this case.
“Other parts were played by members of the cast.” Well they would have to
be ‘members of the cast’ wouldn’t they?
Toddle Pip, Mike McMillan
Chris
2021-06-25 09:38:54 UTC
[...]
I don’t think I like the look of “Mrs Casey”.

2021-06-25 10:26:07 UTC
Elizabeth Pargetter - Alison Dowling
Freddie Pargetter - Toby Laurence
Lily Pargetter - Katie Redford
Russ Jones - Andonis James Anthony
Rex Fairbrother - Nick Barber
Vince Casey - Tony Turner
Mrs Casey - Susan Jameson
Paul - Nick Barber
Sol - Luke Nunn
Director : Julie Beckett
Editor : Jeremy Howe
Writer : Naylah Ahmed
Monday 28th - Lily regrets her actions and Vince makes his presence felt.
I think it is late now, she'd have done it earlier, but did Lily talk
to Vince's wife, who didn't know Vince was romancing Elizabeth?
Is it because of the holiday i some way? Wife found booking?
Vince is angry with Lily then?
Post by carolet
Tuesday 29th - Rex offers a shoulder and Freddie comes to the rescue.
Lily confides in Rex and they need more help with the re-wilding so
welcome Freddie intothe project.
Post by carolet
Wednesday 30th - Elizabeth receives a surprising visitor and Lily has a
confession to make.
Mrs Vince visits and Lily admits it might be something she said.
Post by carolet
Thursday 1st - Russ unveils a surprise and Elizabeth is honest about her
feelings.
Rex likes young girls. Lily is older and busy. Maybe all her angst was
at his lack of attention toher and he met Vince's daughter while she
was there and has been seeing her. Mrs Vince came to complain and
Elizabeth says she never liked him partnered with Lily so if he move
on she'd be glad. He tries to keep the job and flat!
have the same actor.
Sally Thompson
2021-06-25 18:21:54 UTC
Rex likes young girls. Lily is older and busy. Maybe all her angst was
at his lack of attention toher and he met Vince's daughter while she
was there and has been seeing her. Mrs Vince came to complain and
Elizabeth says she never liked him partnered with Lily so if he move
on she'd be glad. He tries to keep the job and flat!
Rex? Does he? I think you mean Russ, don't you?
2021-06-25 20:18:38 UTC
On 25 Jun 2021 18:21:54 GMT, Sally Thompson
Rex likes young girls. Lily is older and busy. Maybe all her angst was
at his lack of attention toher and he met Vince's daughter while she
was there and has been seeing her. Mrs Vince came to complain and
Elizabeth says she never liked him partnered with Lily so if he move
on she'd be glad. He tries to keep the job and flat!
Rex? Does he? I think you mean Russ, don't you?
Sorry, yes of course, Russ.