Spoiler - Monday - What did they expect ?!
2019-01-28 19:29:47 UTC

Ian and Adam had my shouting at the radio this evening! OK, thanks to
Susan, the news has got out sooner than they expected but hadn't it
occurred to them that, at whatever point they went public, they would be
the subject of clacking tongues in The Bull - and elsewhere‽

Surrogacy is still pretty uncommon, so of course the prospect of them
having a child will be a nine day, or even nine month, wonder. It
should also have been obvious to them all, and especially to Lexi, that
once the news got out, there would be a lot of comment aimed at Roy.
When they go public about the surrogacy, it will probably be assumed
either that Roy dumped Lexi because of it or that she agreed to the
surrogacy because she'd been dumped by Roy and needed someone else to
support her.
"I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that
truly makes living worth while?" Death thought about it. "Cats," he
said eventually, "Cats are nice." (Terry Pratchett)
J. P. Gilliver (John)
2019-01-28 19:36:50 UTC
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
. Spoiler Space
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Ian and Adam had my shouting at the radio this evening! OK, thanks to
Susan, the news has got out sooner than they expected but hadn't it
occurred to them that, at whatever point they went public, they would
be the subject of clacking tongues in The Bull - and elsewhere0
I think they should say to L?nda, "we need to see you in the shop", and
then tell her and Susan, at the same time, what's what. Possibly even
telling home truths at the same time, but something about "duck's back"
comes to mind.
Surrogacy is still pretty uncommon, so of course the prospect of them
having a child will be a nine day, or even nine month, wonder. It
should also have been obvious to them all, and especially to Lexi, that
once the news got out, there would be a lot of comment aimed at Roy.
When they go public about the surrogacy, it will probably be assumed
either that Roy dumped Lexi because of it or that she agreed to the
surrogacy because she'd been dumped by Roy and needed someone else to
support her.
(Harrumph. The feminist in me ... she doesn't need _anyone_ "to support
her".)

"The great tragedy of science, the slaying of a beautiful theory by an ugly
fact. - Thomas Henry Huxley
Serena Blanchflower
2019-01-28 19:44:26 UTC
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.                      Spoiler Space
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Ian and Adam had my shouting at the radio this evening!  OK, thanks to
Susan, the news has got out sooner than they expected but hadn't it
occurred to them that, at whatever point they went public, they would
be the subject of clacking tongues in The Bull - and elsewhere0
I think they should say to L?nda, "we need to see you in the shop", and
then tell her and Susan, at the same time, what's what. Possibly even
telling home truths at the same time, but something about "duck's back"
comes to mind.
If they realised where the rumour started from, I'm sure they'd have
words with Susan but they haven't worked that out yet.
Post by J. P. Gilliver (John)
Surrogacy is still pretty uncommon, so of course the prospect of them
having a child will be a nine day, or even nine month, wonder.  It
should also have been obvious to them all, and especially to Lexi,
that once the news got out, there would be a lot of comment aimed at
Roy. When they go public about the surrogacy, it will probably be
assumed either that Roy dumped Lexi because of it or that she agreed
to the surrogacy because she'd been dumped by Roy and needed someone
else to support her.
(Harrumph. The feminist in me ... she doesn't need _anyone_ "to support
her".)
I agree but I doubt that would occur to certain parts of Ambridge.
Smile, breathe and go slowly (Thich Nhat Hanh)
Nick Odell
2019-01-28 22:22:10 UTC
The feminist in me ...
New Joan Armatrading album on the way?

2019-01-29 07:03:06 UTC
The feminist in me ...
New Joan Armatrading album on the way?
:o)
2019-01-29 08:46:45 UTC
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
. Spoiler Space
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Ian and Adam had my shouting at the radio this evening! OK, thanks to
Susan, the news has got out sooner than they expected but hadn't it
occurred to them that, at whatever point they went public, they would be
the subject of clacking tongues in The Bull - and elsewhere‽
Surrogacy is still pretty uncommon, so of course the prospect of them
having a child will be a nine day, or even nine month, wonder. It
should also have been obvious to them all, and especially to Lexi, that
once the news got out, there would be a lot of comment aimed at Roy.
When they go public about the surrogacy, it will probably be assumed
either that Roy dumped Lexi because of it or that she agreed to the
surrogacy because she'd been dumped by Roy and needed someone else to
support her.
Don’t you gestate it when the SW’s do things like this?
2019-01-29 09:21:12 UTC
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
. Spoiler Space
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Ian and Adam had my shouting at the radio this evening! OK, thanks to
Susan, the news has got out sooner than they expected but hadn't it
occurred to them that, at whatever point they went public, they would be
the subject of clacking tongues in The Bull - and elsewhere?
Surrogacy is still pretty uncommon, so of course the prospect of them
having a child will be a nine day, or even nine month, wonder. It
should also have been obvious to them all, and especially to Lexi, that
once the news got out, there would be a lot of comment aimed at Roy.
When they go public about the surrogacy, it will probably be assumed
either that Roy dumped Lexi because of it or that she agreed to the
surrogacy because she'd been dumped by Roy and needed someone else to
support her.
Don’t you gestate it when the SW’s do things like this?
BUMRA :)
But also it is a French farce of a story line. Messy and clunky. I
hope Lexi thinks about it and realises who the culprit must be. And
then she and Ian can go in and tell Susan to get her long nose our of
people's affairs.

Lexi was hoping to slide off home before she showed and the news came
out. And announcing it now when it could still miscarry is what most
people do not want to do. If they do then the whole nuggering village,
led by Mrs Longnose, will watch to see if she gets to the three months
mark. And if not will chew it all over.